How was your week?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eskarleh, Sep 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just asking.

I just submitted my math paper for my math class and it included financing and uh I suck at that. I did my calculations all wrong, but I didn't have time to correct them so I just submitted it with 1 min and 43 secs left to spare. It's been great but the stress of having to do it is over, so I now I'm just waiting to cry and let the realization kick in on how I fucked up my first paper in college :).

On the bright side, me and my roomie both have the same math class so we're going to panic together. She said fuck it and didn't even include her calculations and her paper was 10/10 great for a laugh.

I'm going to read a novel to distract myself when everything kicks in so yay for novels.

2. AmyzingAmy

AmyzingAmy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am wholly dying from four aps
    i dont think im going to read any novels until next summer but i still always come back to this site :'l

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hectic due to unavoidable social commitments. For a homebody, they are no different from unpaid overtime. :blobconfounded:

mir and infiniteperplexity like this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Was sick af. Now not sick but lethargic af.

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a working stiff. Just a normal 9 to 5 job, but to tell you the truth. It’s been a weird week for me. I pretty much got nothing done. I keep on getting emergency calls or surprise meetings. It’s either calls about fires or hurricanes. To company statistics. I remember the days when I was just a wrench turner. Now most of my work week is compiled with online work. Ce La Vie

6. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    after reading a CN novel it's worse.

7. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty good. Was watching as someone tried several times to manipulate my stock and ended up getting beaten down.

8. infiniteperplexity

infiniteperplexity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've successfully managed to become a full-time recluse/shut-in, and the burdens of societal expectations can't even touch the pollution I exhale when I'm in my room eating 600g of m&ms a day. Fuck you, menulog. Stop trying to bOdY SHaMe mE that's sO homophobic. #cancelled

babybb and eskarleh like this.
  9. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

10. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Lots of learning. I'm hoping to retain it all. Glad for it though. This week's a bit tired. Thinking of how make things better too for some stuff. And what hobby I should start picking up on/finish to relax and improve self.

11. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    My week was ok~ Stayed at home all day lol

12. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Stressing over my fat cheeks. Need a square pic for DL. :(

13. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have had a bad week, and am trying to recover.
    I was overwhelmed at work the past couple weeks. This week things went wrong. The cause is uncertain, but I keep wondering if I made a mistake that led to it while I was running around like a headless chicken trying(and failing) to keep up with everything. I skipped breaks, lunches, did unpaid overtime just to barely manage. I always like to double check things and be extra sure, so I hate this. After things went wrong people were pulled from other jobs to help manage the next steps, and I was able to catch up a bit.
    Another problem was found later in the week. How many of these things are due to things beyond my control? How many are due to factors I could have, should have caught? Could I have prevented it? It sticks in my mind. I don’t know if I could take it if someone angrily or tearfully blames me for the worst possible consequences of things I didn't catch. I don’t think I could stay calm if a boss or manager says something like “Why didn’t you do X?!” . I worry that the coming week will have that…

Right now I have a long weekend and am trying to relax and enjoy myself so that I don’t end up being on the edge of crying so often next week. I wasn’t able to rest last weekend because my brother started fights with me about cleaning the house and I ended up with barely any rest from cooking and cleaning, and became upset with hearing that I still wasn’t doing enough (was basically told ‘you never put in enough effort to anything’) and felt like I was about to flip/snap. Hopefully this weekend I can rest.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Westeller likes this.