Resource I'm a translator. I just made a WordPress plugin for Webnovel sites

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by WuWang, Sep 3, 2021.

1. WuWang

WuWang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm WuWang and I myself am a translator (the novel I'm translating is called Starchild Escaped Arranged Marriage, and so far I have translated 800+ chapters, so I do have some experience). The novel translation is my hobby and in my real life, I'm a software engineer. I noticed that many Chinese websites are using a special function called "bullet comment", which allows readers to leave comments below every paragraph of every chapter, and every few translation websites are using this function. As far as I know, only Qidian International is using this function - since it's controlled by qidian, it's not surprising to know that it has this function. To some degree, it does prove an advantage for webnovel.com in the competition of attracting readers.

As an attempt of filling the gap, I made this WordPress plugin called "Bullet Comments", which allows your website to have the same "bullet comment function" as webnovel.com. If you want to see its performance, you can see it on this page (it seems that NU doesn't allow me to leave the link here). If you want to install it, search it on WordPress yourself(since NU warned me that if I continue, my account will be blocked, I can't leave the link here too).

I don't know if it was because of the image URL which caused the NU warning, so I don't leave the images here neither. :(

chindy02, RuiSi, WFNT and 3 others like this.
  2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really leave comments, but that sounds great for drama/face slapping chapter.

About the link and image. It's a spam prevention setting, but as you got more post you'll be able to post image and links

3. WuWang

WuWang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it was because of the image URL which caused the NU warning, so I don't leave the images here :(
    thank you for the explanation. I don't often read on NU so I know little about the rules

nonononononono likes this.
  4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a useful tool.

5. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
  6. WuWang

WuWang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solus likes this.
  7. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really interesting! That's so cool what you've made. Now I want to see it in action.