Spoiler Rebirth Of A Virtuous Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Kurobito, Jun 17, 2019.

1. xiaorong

xiaorong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i totally agree that the imperial chancellor's wife is the best (female) character in the novel! she does her job and knows her limitations as a woman from that era and does not hold grudges. it's quite rare in novels nowadays.

it's interesting. the novel has a lot of characters that represent different types of people from different social hierarchy (which can still be reflected in our modern society today) and how the way they behave + their life could be affected because of the environment and way they were raised by their parent(s). not everyone will get a happy ending, and realistically this is how it is in real life. i like that the author kept every situations/events really raw and does not try to glorify everything just because many people fantasise or wish to glorify it. additionally, the author didn't add unnecessary drama into the story (which i think most novel these days do to add tension). most of the problems that occurred in the story are very natural —like problems that we always encounter in our daily lives with our families or friends; could even be a community and the world! each of the problems were solved accordingly to the law of that set time, with little favouritism so it's quite satisfying to read this as a reader. the author also gives each character a purpose and show why the characters behave the way they do; they are all part of the novel for a reason (+obviously to add a little humour for our readers).

personally, i fell in love with our mc the most. she doesn't filter herself and like the imperial chancellor's wife, she knows her limitations depending on who she is interacting with. everything that she does has a reason to them too; some people in the novel may not understand her, but she doesn't care because it's simply none of their business (this sort of attitude was obviously influenced from her previous modern life). of course, over time she does become a little lazier and start to rely on our ml more, but we can't really blame her given that our ml is quite possessive and demanding (a very normal personality of a prince...moreover, he has OCD lmao).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    red-phoenix, girrlit, RBJ and 8 others like this.
  2. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really heavy I mean lots and heaps of it

red-phoenix, xiaorong and Kurobito like this.
  3. xiaorong

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey all, idk where to post this but updates are coming this week :)) expect new chapters!

SUPER SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! :cry:

Blood A, Kurobito and Elv like this.
  4. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel dropped?

5. xiaorong

Reading List:
    Link
    no it’s not :)

a_b and Blood A like this.
  6. Arie Sun

Arie Sun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone knows the person? And could you explain?
    [/I thought ML is the empress dowager's biological son? Who is this crazy bih that made maid(Yun Rong) ***e show that triggered the ML OCD?]

7. xiaorong

Reading List:
    Link
    the empress dowager is the ml's biological mother. but before the late emperor passed away, he favoured another consort (she was a guifei i think, i don't remember) and she was childless during the time he favoured her. chu ba ning was then given to her to raise as his biological mother (the now empress dowager) already has the now emperor chongde to keep company. of course, the imperial harem is never pretty; since chu ba ning is not the other consort's biological son, she liked to "torture" him behind the emperor's and his biological mother's backs by hurting those serving beside him/or those he trusted (so that he will obey her). eventually, she ended up conceiving her own child and chu ba ning was returned back to his biological mother (i think. again, i don't remember, i will need to revisit this part when i translate the future chapters).

this is why in ch10, when chu ba ning and emperor chongde were drinking, emperor chongde was thinking back to those "arduous" days (all the sufferings they had to go through in order to stand where they are now): this is also one of the main reasons why the empress dowager and emperor chongde lets chu ba ning have his own ways and dotes on him very much —they sort of feel like, they owe it to him because he was the one that got chosen to be given away, and was the one who, mentally, suffered the most.

8. xiaorong

Reading List:
    Link
    in a way, i agree. i think the only reason why people misperceived this novel as being similar to TBAVW is the word “virtuous”, they’re both transmigration and set in the ancient times. ROAVW is nothing like TBAVW in the sense that it’s more of a light romcom, whereas TBAVW is more of mature-romance filled with politics on the side. TBAVW was also written in a more sophisticated style, while ROAVW was written in a more easy-reading style.

i’ve been seeing quite a few people comparing the two novels together ever since ROAVW is being translated. thanks for making your comment actually because i would like to take this opportunity to put my ten cents here as the translator of ROAVW. my personal opinion is: i think it is unfair to compare ROAVW with TBAVW because one, they are two completely different novels with different target audiences, and two, both authors’ signature writing style is different.

this leads to my next point to those who wants to read ROAVW with expectations that it will be as good as TBAVW (because it is not, lol ): just don’t have any expectations. you have two options: go ahead and skip this novel, don’t read it at all :) two, give it a try and read it. if it ends up to be not the kind of novel that you like, just discontinue. but please don’t discourage other people from reading it just because it’s not your cup of tea (i think it’s very disrespectful to the original author because i’m sure that she has worked hard on it to entertain her loyal readers —and for it to be compared with another novel by a different author is just unfair). this does not only apply to TBAVW and ROAVW. it’s the same for every other novels out there (minus plagiarised works).

9. xiaorong

Reading List:
    Link
    just to clarify, the last two para from my previous comment was referring to the general population of readers considering to read the novel (i did say “to those”). it was not meant to be directed or targeted at you. my apologies since i didn’t make that clear :LOL:

HAHAHA, and nah, i don’t hate the review section. i know that i cannot stop people from having their own opinions, just like how i am entitled to my own /points to my previous comment lol (i mean, it doesn’t cost me any $$$ to voice myself in these conversations yeah? :blobjoy:)

re: that the previous is your last reply.
    noted (y)

Blood A and Arie Sun like this.
  10. LazyHahah

LazyHahah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know one thing... how many children do they have?:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

xiaorong and Blood A like this.
  11. xiaorong

Reading List:
    Link
    they were, ahem...according to our ML...going to only have one child. but because of ah nan's persistence, they have two.

12. Akihime

Akihime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am already inlove with this novel ❤

13. StarrEyed

StarrEyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this still being translated? I'm dying to read it!

14. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler about the events in the story?

15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it 2 year ago, dont remember it again.
    You dont read the spoiler page before? I think it's enough to spoil you.