Question Question

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Return, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    how did you make your translated novel site and what did you use exactly ? wordpress ? html &scss and js ? what backend did you use ? how did you host it ? is there any pinned tutorials ? i would like to know

2. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't make translated novel site so idk

3. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't your post be in the translators' corner instead of tech discussion?

4. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depend on what you want, if you just want to post, go on wordpress create an account and just create a site through their website for free.
    if you want to add ads, most look like they made it with wordpress modules

5. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    I use the free WordPress.com version cuz I'm cheap I would say that WordPress.com would be the best if you're not spending any money. Note that you won't be able to use plugins, css, and there's the annoying WordPress banner and the domain would be domain.wordpress.com for the free version.

Of course the best way is actually to join a group(ie foxaholic) and you could earn money through ads and also not pay for anything. But you know it's not your own site.

If you want ads (Adsense), personal domain(domain.com not domain.wordpress.com), plugin, css, all the features. Word press.org would be the cheapest. Depending on the hosting site it can range from 2 dollars to 5 dollars. As far as I know most ppl use dream host its one of the cheapest anyways.

The other one would be blogger. It's free but the domain would be domain.blogspot.com. Also customizing your site would be limited. I also heard th as t applying for Adsense is harder on blogspot.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  6. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I am not searching for adding ads I am searching for how to host my own stuff websites

7. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try experimenting with wordpress or blogspot then

8. WuWang

WuWang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought my wordpress theme from taobao. It looks pretty good and spent me about $40