Question Best way to get noticed by google?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by ShiinaTL, Sep 8, 2021.

1. ShiinaTL

ShiinaTL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    currently my site is pretty far from the top on google, is there any way to get my site to the top quick and easy?

search 'shiinatl' to look

2. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Site visits and site management

3. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure, but maybe google prefers certain domain endings. At the very least it helps to be linked on other sites.

4. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can buy an add for yourself on google if I'm not wrong. I remember watching Script Kid on youtube and he advertises his fake scripts on google to have cheaters download them when they search for it using the google search engine.

Also, why do you have a github account? Are you planning to use as a storage for your translations or something?

5. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Something you can do is add a signature in this forum with link and URL. like this your side gets more known for google

6. Evilations

Evilations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's wrong with having a GitHub account? It can only be a plus and not a negative. The OP uses GitHub's GitHub Pages service for their website. Their entire website, including the chapters, etc. are stored on GitHub. It's free web hosting, so why wouldn't someone take advantage of that? You just gotta write markdown pages, send it through some static site generator and then push it up to GitHub, and bam! your site gets updated. It's simple and efficient. You don't even need an static site generator if you are using a Jekyll theme which generates everything for you, so you can just write markdown pages and upload them.

How long has your site been up? You need a lot of views, visitors, and back-links to go higher up in Google. Google gotta know that your site is the actual source of whatever novel you are publishing.

Look up SEO stuff and implement that to get a better chance of ranking higher. After that, start promoting your site in different places. Instead of just posting updates on NU, post chapter updates on reddit as well that link back to your site. Post updates on Facebook, Twitter, whatever where you can get readers from. Go look up how to get visitors from Social Media.

Stuff like that. Also, keep a regular release and you will get there in a few months. Yeah, there's no get to the top overnight formula for Google.

ShiinaTL likes this.
  7. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you angry? I'm literally just asking why op is have a github account. It's empty that's why I asked.

8. Evilations

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I am not angry. So... people don't need to have a GitHub account if they aren't gonna keep stuff in there? What if someone was keeping everything in Private Repositories?

So I just checked all the content on your site, and you have 3 projects of your own with only one of them having more than 5 chapters. Considering they are Japanese, I presume the chapters are long enough. The rest of the books are probably what you like and wanna share with others, or who knows, they might be translated by you on the other sites. Those three are essentially working as redirects for other sites which is kinda a downside considering you have more links to external content than internal content.

You will need a lot more content than what you have right now to increase user retention.

ShiinaTL likes this.
  9. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah... I forgot that is a thing.

10. ShiinaTL

ShiinaTL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the site is hosted via github pages and cloudflare

ty for the tips, the others are pdf's i made. ill remove the ones other than the fullybooked ones.

where can i post on reddit?

11. Evilations

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to be of help! Hope it goes well for you and you can rank higher on Google.

There's the r/noveltranslations sub-reddit where you can post updates.

ShiinaTL likes this.
  12. ShiinaTL

ShiinaTL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ty for the tips, the others are pdf's i made. ill remove the ones other than t
    ty again, ill poke around later

13. Evilations

Reading List:
    Link
    just went to the sub-reddit and it seems they don't do updates there anymore

ShiinaTL likes this.
  14. ShiinaTL

ShiinaTL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too bad, might make my own lol

15. Evilations

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't tell man, the rules don't say anything, and I can't find anything that's stopping you from posting updates. Rules allow that. It's just that I can't find any updates from the recent few days. I haven't been there in months, so I don't know what's going on. Before, the sub used to be full of updates.