Recommendations Is there any Cultivation System novels that act as a normal cultivation novel?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sheeya, Sep 10, 2021.

1. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what I mean is that MC has a system with OP advantages but it acts more or less similar to how a typical xianxia would. Start in a low level sect, either offend people or lay low, climb in power within the sect and then leave for higher level areas etc, just like your average cultivation novel would.

Currently reading My Augmented Statuses Have Unlimited Duration which, so far, seems like it could be exactly what I'm looking for, unfortunately the author has put MC on a rather boring path, hopefully it gets better. I'm currently on chapter 92 and he's still in the in the 1st realm of cultivation whereas some system novels would have MC breaking through multiple realms by chapter 92. So this speed is more like a normal novel, except his sytem is granting him OP effects.

And when I say system I don't mean something like a data chip that gives MC photographic memory and 1000x calculation speed like Leylin.

I've recently learned that there's alot of novels on webnovel that is not visible on novelupdates, so if you know any cultivation system novels that isnt on novelupdates but exists on webnovel then chances are I may not have seen it. Thanks

2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm exactly what type of cultivation novels u looking for?

What you said is how all xianxia play out... No matter how op author makes mc they counter it with some restriction and slowly progress them.

Some suggestions would be
    Dragon marked wargod
    Imperial God Emperor
    Ancient Strengthening Technique
    Emperor Domination

Most of these have broken op treasures but still a slow progress.

3. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
  4. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One-Click Cultivation System is set in a "modern" world*, and it's amazing wish fulfilment for a long time. The MC gets a broken cheat that never gets nerfed. It actually gets more broken as the story goes along, and it's great... but unfortunately, the story does eventually get boring when a certain part of the cultivation system is introduced

*Can't really explain this without a spoiler:
    The world is part of a larger universe that functions like a traditional xianxia world. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it's basically just located in a hidden corner.

I WOULD have suggested Ultimate Scheming System (another story where the MC's cheat gives him explosive growth, and closer to what you're looking for) but it becomes trash so quickly that it's not worth getting your hopes up. It's amazing at the start but then the MC suddenly stops behaving like a normal person (to put it lighty). He just runs around spewing nonsense references and starts making a fool out of himself all the time. It's meant to be funny but it's just frustrating. I eventually droped it, even though it was one of my absolute favourites when it first came out.

Another disappointment IMO, but OP might like it. The MC's system is a good cheat but the MC only learns comedic moves like crushing people's nuts or changing their genders. I dropped this too. I'm not against humour but I prefer serious stories with funny moments to stories where the entire storyline is one gag after another. I probably wouldn't be as put out by it if there were more serious cheat stories, but there sadly aren't :blobsad:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Greater thunder likes this.
  5. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    None of those are novels where MC has a 'system'.

This one seems interesting but the page you linked to, is that MTL or is it fully translated?

6. scribbledoutname

Reading List:
    Link
    It definitely started out as MTL, but iirc it's cleaned up MTL (i.e. they use their machine to translate everything and someone goes through and releases fixed chapters). I didn't even realise until I got to one of the deeper chapters and the quality got funny, but it wasn't to the point where I got the urge to quit. There should actually be far, far more cleaned up chapters now, since I read this months ago.

It's definitely worth checking out. I've been on the lookout too and I haven't been able to find much of what you're searching for either.

At the moment I'm about to check out Unparalleled After Ten Consecutive Draws, which looks interesting. I'm only a few paragraphs in so I can't say whether it's good or not but I like where things are going :blobpopcorn_cool:

7. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial World
    Chaotic Sword God
    Senior Brother is too Steady
    Record of a Mortals Journey to Immortality
    Redirection Cultivation: to the Peak (this one is on royal road)

8. Tumtum

Tumtum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re fine with BL, I Have Medicine matches the description pretty well.

9. PRiZ__

PRiZ__ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try
    I Am Loaded with Passive Skills

it's neither slow nor fast and he begins from the bottom.
    I can recommend :
    The Immortal's Wine Shop (he begins quite strong but he's in the lower realms)
    I'm cultivating Immortality while everyone practices martial arts (Modern settings and of course broken systems)
    Or you can try these novels whereas they're not exactly 'cultivation' system but they fit your description (they achieve godhood either way)
    Breeding dragons from today (meh and the beginning but afterward it's quite good)
    Picking up attributes from today ( the ending was pathetic... )

10. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried this once, when I first saw it I thought it'd be exactly what I wanted, but after a few chapters in I got pretty bored. The fact that his "talent" was discovered by everyone on like the entire continent just ruined it for me. The tone seems way too casual and some of it seem pretty stupid. Think he can summon some kind of guardian or something (i don't remember) which is just ridiculous.

11. kkcc1509

kkcc1509 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1)-A thousand li series by tao wong: how a farmer's son from a small village steps into cultivation world. It's slow but not boring.
    2)-dragon heart by kirill klevansky: just started reading this. Something that made me excited in quite some time.
    3)- Cradle by will wight: quite famous.
    Note: It will be relatively difficult to find free downloads for these books, you will have to put 5-10 min looking.

12. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of Heavens Path. he has a system that's pretty much a library that lets him compile everything he reads into the perfect heavens path. for example he reads enough about fist arts and he creates the fist art of heavens path. he wants to get to higher cultivation he needs to read enough about the next level and so forth.

13. Swordash

Swordash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mtl novel is there. I have a proficiency panel. The system only shows progress of mc cultivation/martial arts and does nothing else for like 500 chapters. Mc is motivated by seeing the progress and he would become op by working hard/smart

Greater thunder likes this.
  14. RaghavendraGaleppa

RaghavendraGaleppa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can extract everything,
    I have a martial arts panel

15. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    Way of the Devil:
    An ancient Chinese setting with vengeful ghosts and martial artists.An intriguing blend of cultivation and mystery.It definitely has an unique vibe to it.
    (mostly true for the beginning when he gets more powerful ghosts arent even mentioned anymore)

16. lightwind21

lightwind21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^
    it has game elements. big nono.

17. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - The world of canglan (manhwa)
    Game system
    - the emperor is woman (manhwa)
    Instant learn system

18. clisenby

clisenby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Is there romance/harem in One-Click Cultivation? I started reading it and liked it but hoped it didn't have any of that.

19. scribbledoutname

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, it's been so long that I can't remember xD I've read so many xuanhuan stories over the years that everything disappears from my brain as soon as I stop reading lol -- probably my brain trying to make some room. I could be wrong but I don't think there's much (if any) romance, so you might be in luck. All I can really remember is the MC dealing with his enemies and doing stuff to get stronger.

20. clisenby

clisenby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply