Although late but i notice something regarding KR/CN novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BEritro, Sep 11, 2021.

1. BEritro

BEritro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that CN novels are way longer in terms of number while KR novels are really short on average regardless of genre anyone know why? does their own audience prefer the length this way respectivly?

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese authors have a lot of recycled bullshit to write :blobpeek:

but really, it's just that most wuxia/xianxia novels are extremely long, not every novel. I'm sure there are Korean novels that are long too, just that they aren't on NU yet

3. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    There are just too many jade beauties and idiot young masters.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  4. FearFire

FearFire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KR novels completing a harem and plot in less than a thousand chapters. And CN mcs getting together with that elder sister from the sect 2000ish chapters later name more iconic duos.

Happyman0512 and xnvesha.14 like this.
  5. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed novels from qidian reach thousands of chapters while jjwxc well most of them reach under thousand chapter

6. xnvesha.14

xnvesha.14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean novels tend to have a very fixed goal which they usually achieve quickly and efficiently. They don't move around wasting time and are very to the point.

Whereas, Chinese action and adventure feels more like a slice of life of repeating the same formula applied in different sums. They usually have a very vague goal like 'becoming the strongest' and even revenge is done in just a few chapters and then it becomes the same as others.

This is my opinion, but I just feel like there is more thought put in every aspect of a Korean novel which makes it feel like more dynamic even with less chapters while Chinese novels aren't written with much consideration and the author just thinks of problems and solutions as they go.

There are even long KR novels but they are clearly slice of life types like Overgeared and Leveling up by eating. The MCs basically don't have a fixed goal and are just enjoying their game life.
    While there are also many Chinese "short" novels like Boss behind the game with no repetitive plotlines.

7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    /shrug really depends on the kind of novel

The CN novels I read are 200 chapters at most. I don't think your "regardless of genre" is actually true?

8. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    I see .... but i mean every xianxia or similer type novel i came so far are usally like that above 800 - 5000 chapters. most cultivation novels does cap out in that range

I assume you read other genre from cn novels?

9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I don't read cultivation novels. I don't read JP/KR novels though either

10. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    ah that explains everything

11. Riverrioter

Riverrioter New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ***speculation
    It could possibly have to do with differences in publishing practices in the respective countries

12. Happyman0512

Happyman0512 THE HEAVENLY LAZY GOD , LAZI-GHTENED SLACKER

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's mainly due to the author of the novels and the elements which they put inside their novels
    And in Chinese novels it's just many author use the same troupe too many times
    In Korean novels it usually makes you want to read the next novel it kinda makes you excited
    Also there are KN novels which are like 800 to 1500
    But that doesn't mean that CN novel are better than KN novels or KN novels are better than CN novels it's just that few like a story filled with 2d characters and some like dynamic characters
    In the end it depend on the elements you want in the story
    I've read some CN novels which are long but still intresting

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    the way of the published site payment system maybe involve~ directly or indirectly~ CN and KR seem pretty normal on paywall on WN~ further more if we try to dwell into genre classification on each site~ JJWC which seem CN specifications on female reader can have short chap count below 200 or below 50 but if you jump on quick wear genre aka hoping into multiuniverse which usually also have system with mission it can easily surpass 500 mark~ or this cat mistake it have such genre

the way of how the storyline, the way to bait reader, characterisation and such imo other aspect which may related to how the site system established~ JP on other hand the story written for the heck of it~ lol~