Spoiler Why the Maid Inherited the Duke Legacy / 그 하녀가 공작가의 유산을 상속받은 이유

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Aug 30, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

https://m.series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=6135846

Novel with Illustrations:
    https://m.novel.naver.com/webnovel/list?novelId=970361

Description:
    The maid, Yvnia, who escaped in the night in the midst of a scandal has returned. With a young daughter who looks exactly like the owner of the mansion.

"The past has already been completely forgotten. Let me work as her maid again."

"Did you just run away to do this? "

It was the man who told her to erase the child. She was nothing more than a toy. Yvnia bowed her head humiliatingly low without showing any emotion. All she had to do was find materials to cure her child"s illness in this mansion. But why is he angry?

"Give that idiot a job. Or let her live in an abandoned detached house."

"Someday you will find me crying again."

—————

Skim reading from naver series webnovel.

ML and FL have a daughter but ML doesn’t know it’s his bc he thought FL got rid of the baby and there was evidence of that (ML told her to get rid of the child).

—So I didn’t really read the beginning and I don’t know much about their past, but it seems they had mutual feeling for each other and then shit happens. What confuses me is that ML was a jerk to her (telling her to abort their child) but then later on we find out after FL left he frantically searched for her throughout the seven years and he hates his father who he says was the culprit of everything:hmm:

FL came back to the Duke’s mansion bc she’s looking for something that has to do with her daughter’s illness.

Ch. 26-28
    An old maid accuses FL of theft which was a necklace/pendant that ML gave to her in the past. She didn’t want to explain the past but she had to so she told them about the pendant but the maid doesn’t believe her and gets the FL locked in a coffin. The daughter tries to stop this but to no avail. At this time, ML is out of the mansion. I think he was out for business and actually goes back earlier than expected bc he wanted to see FL and the daughter.

The servants greet the ML who comes back and the old maid is thinking that everything was going to be ok bc FL was a thief and it was right for her to decide FL’s punishment. The daughter comes crying to the ML about what happened which surprises the old maid but she still thinks everything will be fine.

After ML finds out what happened, he tell them to get the FL back. ML gathers all the servants and the guest comes over, James the notary of the former Duke’s inheritance. He reads the former Duke’s will and FL jointly owns the mansion with ML (she’s Duchess now and actually FL declined I think I’m the past).

ML let’s her punish the servants and FL does. Many of the servants brought her painful memories from seven years ago. The old maid got fired and ofc she tried to protest but gets dragged out. The other servants also gets punished but it’s light so later on ML tells Hampton (the butler?) what to do with them (one of the maids who harassed FL got her wrists cut off). After this ordeal, FL went to rest.

ML looks at the pendant and is reminiscing the past. The pendant had a lock of FL and ML’s hair that was weaved together to makes a heart shape. Through the night until he fell asleep, he kept looking at the pendant (reminds me of how a girl would be all giddy thinking of her crush. This is the feel I got reading this part and it was cute).

Actually, for the past seven years, ML was looking for FL. ML had held contempt over his father ever since FL left. He rarely saw his father over the years but noticed his father started to decline. Before his father died, he talked to ML about FL. He regretted and asks him to being FLS back which made ML realize that his father was hiding FL all along. It was weird that he wasn’t able to find FL all these years. After his father died, he read his will and had a lot of questions as to why he left part of the inheritance (Duchess) to FL? Why bring FL back in that way? Why he was hiding her? And if there was a connection to why his father called back FL and to what the FL was looking for (the old maid caught the FL rummaging through ML’a office). Despite the anger and betrayal, ML didn’t want to think about the relationship between his father and the FL anymore. His longing for Fl was much deeper but he still couldn’t completely rid the feeling of betrayal so he turns away from the past. It was easier to turn away than let the FL go.

Ch. 31
    ML is grumpy bc he thought that FL had forgotten him. FL asks if they still had a chance and ML says she had that chance from the beginning. After FL goes out the office, she thinks how could she forget the man gave her their child and the man who easily gave her up. After coming back to the mansion, ML grated her like a toy so she thought he was just playing again, that nothing has changed. Like before, he will be nice and then when he gets tired of it m, he’ll throw it away.

—Geez, is there a misunderstanding???:confusedcatblob:

In the past they were lovey docket with each other which made he think they were equal despite their status and then ML resolutely ordered her to erase their child.

FL thinks ML is just playing so she’s like, ok let’s play.

Back in the office after FL left, ML I wonders is things went well and if everything was resolved (oh you have no idea). He thought of FL who seemed so angry bc of a misunderstanding suddenly smiled unfamiliarly (this is when she asked him if they still had a chance a while ago).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'Another trashy ML with his great misunderstanding trope'

The ML has a 'madness', a genetic disease that usually happened on slave tribe (his mother was a slave, his father The Duke, freed her from slavery but didn't make her the Duchess cause the class difference, but he didn't marry anyone after she died of madness after giving birth), The Duke hide the ML disease even from the ML himself, and researched for the cure in secret even the Butler have no idea. FL the young maid one day accidentally helped the ML when he is in one of his madness episode, and her mana calmed him down, The Duke knowing this appointed FL as his secret assistance, he know FL mana only a temporary measure so they worked together to find the real cure. FL and ML became close and they dated in secret.

The FL was well liked by the other servant and maid cause she worked since a young age to support her sick mother, even her salary didn't enough to buy the medicine so FL was always in poor condition, but one day FL began to dress up and put on make up (she got extra money for her assisting the Duke), so people became suspicious where that money came from. The male servant who rejected by the FL spread the rumor that she became the Duke Mistress, not everyone believed at first but there is a corner of doubt, and when someone saw her comes out of the Duke room, doubt became conviction, she got bullied and isolated. The FL beg the Duke to clear the rumors, but he just stayed silence making the rumors spread like wildfire, the FL think he didn't want the ML disease to be known but then again he is the Duke, he could make up a lie no one would question him (The Duke know about FL and his son relationship, and use this chance to separated the two, even when he is dying, he didn't tell the truth to ML and ask him to forget the woman who 'betrayed' him).

The FL tried to explain but the ML didn't even want to listen and turn his back on her. After a while, the FL found out that she is pregnant, when she goes to the ML, the ML told her to kill the child only then she could stay by his side. In his defense, the ML use contraceptive, so he believed that it was the result of FL affair with his father, so even after a million years it would never cross his mind that it could be his child. The FL beg the midwife to save her child, she use pig blood to fake the abortion and then she ran away at night. She couldn't go back home cause she is afraid the ML would search and kill her and and just wander from place to place, working whatever job she could, but after her baby is born, she goes back to her mother. She and even her sick mother works to earn for a living, still is not enough, they starved most of the times.

The ML became bat shit crazy, he is literally said 'You betray me, you have an affair with my father, there is no way I would accept my father child in your stomach, but still the kind me forgave you and give you a chance to stay by my side by killing the child, but how dare you ran away from me'. He then search the the continent for 7 years but he never found the FL cause the Duke got in his way.

Then the Duke died and left the inheritance for the FL (Dunno maybe he feel a bit guilty). Then the synopsis happened. She comes back to the Dukedom, she has no choice since she need the research material for the 'Madness' cure since her daughter also inherited the disease from the ML, so she gave up her inheritance and beg the ML to take her as the maid. She told her daughter to lie about her age, she is afraid if the ML found out, he would try to kill her daughter again.

The ML goes like 'I searched for you like crazy but in the meantime you met another man even had a daughter with him, now you come back but instead of begging me to take you back you want to be a maid instead, let see, I'll make your life so hard that you have no choice but to come back to me crying for help'. He instructed the butler to make The FL life hard, and the butler told the Head maid, all the maid and servant who know the FL hated her so we spent another 30 chapter of FL hard life (verbal and physical abuse, overworked, getting starved, sexually harassed even almost got killed twice)

The lawyer then comes to announced the inheritance, he goes to search for the FL in her hometown but the FL already goes to the Dukedom so they miss each other, the FL told him that she gave up her inheritance, but the lawyer said it's not something she can't just gave up, so she and the ML would share the Dukedom, The FL ask the ML if he know about this but why still accept her as the maid, the ML said he is annoyed that she forget about him, the FL became furious but for now she accept the legacy since it would be easier for her to search for the research material if she has power. She thinks the ML hasn't changed, he just toyed with her like in the past, after her drunk in sweetness, he would throw her away , so she vowed to herself that she would match his play till he got bored but never fall for him again (ah yeah yeah, we all know you would fall for him again soon)

4. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Will never trust this line, they always go running back:blobconfused:
    Anyways, thx so much for the spoiler:aww::blob_pompom:

5. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah let me rephrase that, she is still in love with him that's why she got swayed so fucking easily, she hated him for abandoning her but she love him as much as she hated him. Even after all that suffering, even before knowing his reason, this is why they said there is only thin line between love and hate, I'm disappointed really.

6. SaltMalt

SaltMalt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translated the first chapter (mtl) on Wattpad if you want to read for yourself and you don’t speak Korean. There doesn’t seem to be too much interest in it though so I’m not sure if I’ll do more.

7. perfecto

perfecto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read the English translation on novelupdates now!! Just search Why the maid inherited the Duke's Legacy

Scarlet Feather and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    perfecto likes this.
  9. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn even judging by the synopsis this is going to be a shitshow, but JESUS. How does it end I'm afraid to ask?

AlmostMeds and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  10. kylefeancis

kylefeancis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler please what happen next

11. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Please people who's privilege enough to read korean language spoil us more, I hate cliffhanger. I really hate ti to think about this all night

luliibunny likes this.
  12. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he ordered the staff to harass her and then became mad when they did it...trash!
    Anyway,ml finds out that the girl is actually is his daughter in chapter 44.
    Turns out that the herb he ate to avoid pregnancy didn't work to him,because he has slave blood.
    Fl left the dukedom even if he begged her to stay(I think the disease is over)
    She went to a countess house to do I dont know what and the countess want her to marry her son,but fl leads say no.
    Ml is engaged to someone(the princess?),I don't know why.
    I just focused in the fl and ml interactions so I dont have much notion of what is truly happening but I thought it would be worthy sharing.

13. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone here fast passed the chapters?Im anxious to how things will play out XD

14. Brown sugar

Brown sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WAIT WHAT?!?!! ENGAGED TO THE PRINCESS!!!!!!! damn i knew this thing was gonna be a big mess seems like i need to return after it's completely translated

luliibunny likes this.
  15. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Update:Its not a princess,its a noble lady and he already broke the engagement but Yvenia doesn't know and the girl is pretending that they are still together.
    But yeah,this girl probably will give a lot of trouble to them.

16. Goldenxman33

Goldenxman33 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God bless DNA test it saved us from all that middle age drama.

17. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to see the ML rolls in regret, then this isn't the one, except from 7 years of searching for FL who only described in single line, there is no suffering, the FL was so quick (even The Flash would be ashamed of her, LOL) to forgive him, she even the one who ask him to broke his engagement with the Emperor nephew.

He became a knight in a shining armor in a few situation he put the FL under (it's his fault so I wont give him any credit)

18. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These women in KR novels are so easy that I feel ashamed in their stead. Ayo I bet you would prolly marry a random thug if he raped you and gave you a baby. So love only exists on abuse and misunderstandings huh. Now I know why feminists aren't a thing in Korea.

19. Smile_for_me

Smile_for_me Isekai enthusiast/ knovel lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddamn that description did a bad job on making me want to read this novel. Ml just sounds like a huge a-hole from it

20. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The description already gave me the deja vu lmao, getting the vibe that I shouldn't read this one...