Spoiler Golden time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by chrismacks, Mar 29, 2018.

1. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for this

bigredqueen likes this.
  2. Koei_tenco

Koei_tenco Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really hard to understand and trying to not to dislike the Queen Katrina, while reading the manhwa.
    Ok, she had a terrible trauma, I'm not a girl and I'll never be able to fully understand her situation, but still the fact that she ostracized or just doing nothing for Agnes, it's making me hard to not dislike her. At least she should have shown some compassion for her or for every female from Northern, because they had, have and would have the same treatment during their first night. If this story was told in Queen Katrina POV, maybe I would have liked her, but the story is different so it's hard to not judge her.
    Also, I've just read the latest translated chapter, 65, and then I quickly sneaked peek the RAWs, but according to some spoiler here, she was sent to Northern because of her terrible brother, Michaela's father, so in the manhwa it would have been shown that she would be annoyed and angry towards her nieces, but that doesn't seem so.
    She's a complicated character, she has her objectives and undeniable reasons to not like the FL and her sister, Agnes, but still acting like that without even trying to comprehend them.

3. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Katrina leaves some bitter taste in my mouth too. She’s a good wife to Cayden and perhaps a queen too (there’s not much story about her being a queen as Cayden asks her to stay away from political scene so I assume at least she manages palace’s internal affair?).

Poor Agnes, she’s been tossed around by Frederick & Katrina. Frederick despises weak Agnes & Katrina thinks of her only from a single label, Agnes as a northerners. She refuses to see Agnes as what she is, hear what she says, or whatever it is without prejudice. It’s true Katrina has horrible, unimaginable past in Northeon (the novel do tell a little bit about it, that Katrina married this old king of Northeon, the previous one before Jessica’s father. The old man was truly pervert, not only the first night ritual but he was also used any kind of perverted tools to play with Katrina’s body that damaged her womb. As far as I can recall that’s why Katrina is unable to get pregnant, not by miscarriage told in Light & shadow manhwa. That old king has no successor & that’s why the next king is chosen from his relative which is Agnes & Jessica’s father), but it’s kinda hypocrite when she chooses to give special attention to Michaela. If she’s a little bit wiser, Katrina could act neutral and let both Agnes & Michaela try to get Alex by themselves.

Funny thing is King Fabio of Nefarna, Katrina’s big brother & Michaela’s father, do think that Alex is unworthy successor of growing kingdom like Earl’s world. He ofc doesn’t know Alex’s true lineage from both his parents. By supporting Michaela’s scheme to poisoning Cayden, he wants to put Alex under control (y’know there’s this scene in manhwa that Michaela thinks that she will have great influence on Alex by using her body) & be the real ruler of Earl’s world as he believes that he’s Queen Katrina’s brother that he’s entitled to Earl’s world’s throne. This later will escalate to naval battle before the final showdown to tackle down Frederick in Northeon.

Again, it’s hard to be not judgmental toward Katrina. I really try, I do but the disappointment is still there.. Katrina will have proper talks with Jessica but a small hope if she’s willing to do the same, just a little bit to Agnes too, it’d be wonderful. It would be different ofc for each reader and I know that she’s loyal to Cayden and a great companion to him.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    i_am_here likes this.
  4. shausa

shausa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I am new to this site. lol. I have been reading Golden Time this week and I was hooked.
    I wonder how they overthrew Frederick? Did they kill him?

I would also love to read the novel (hopefully when it is translated in English).

5. bigredqueen

Reading List:
    Link
    Frédéric needs to marry either Jessica or Agnes to be a legitimate king of Northeon. Previous king, Jessica’s dad, made a new rule that didn’t exist before so the new Kong won’t harm his two daughters to get the throne.

It’s all started from Serek, Frederic’s private soldier, who admits to Count Collo (in novel his rank is Duke) that the one who killed Agnes is Frederic. Serek also delivers Jessica’s secret message who comes along with Earl’s world envoy who brings the news of Jessica’s marriage to Alex. The message is asking Count Collo & North Ron’s noble who believe in her to come at the sea and help with the naval war with Nefarna. No one in Northeon who doesn’t fear Frederic, his ruling is based on fear. So nobles & citizen prefer wise Jessica to sit on the throne actually.

Right after Nefarna battle, Jessica come to Northeon to get rid of Frederic without Alex. Their face to face battle is almost kill Jessica but she get her dagger to fatally wound Frederic’s temple & Alex who suddenly come to cut his arms that strangle Jessica. That’s the end of Frederic.

6. Paaaat

Paaaat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waaah Light and Shadow is my first ever manhwa I’ve ever read years ago and to read Edna and Eli’s death got me really sad and happy at the same time since they’ll die of old age (not getting killed by someone) while on the arms of each other. I’m crying Ok gonna reread Light and shadow again and sob.

avlirea and traveler2007 like this.
  7. Selin

Selin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, so I was really really curious about 1 thing that no one seems to have asked, so will everybody, like the nobles and all eventually know that Edna is Eden and Eli is the king's brother and the legitimate son of the duke ? (I hope they will...)

8. bigredqueen

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you remember in current manhwa there are some barons & counts (together with the church behind them) rebel to overthrow Kayden regime? Eli will take care of them silently to avoid another uproar caused by civil war. The criminals will be sentenced to death by guillotine.

Thé punishment day will be held after Kayden gains some strength after poisoning scheme & he will whisper to rebels’ leader about the truth.

Kayden : Do you know McGoregor name?
    Count : You’re not worthy enough to put that name to your mouth.
    Kayden : My name is Kayden McGoregor and Duke Eli’s original name is Hayden McGoregor. Do you remember crown prince Eden?
    Count : Spit. It’s true that Duquesne III was a tyrant. But Eden’s era will be different.
    Kayden : Do you know what he looks like? Glancing at Edna. Golden eyes, golden hair..
    Count : Look at Edna. Shivering. Remember that Edna who was able to revive once-a-barren-land Westworld and no one knows where she come from. No.. it couldn’t be..
    Edna, who knows roughly what’s happening, smiles at their direction.
    Kayden : That’s why Alex is the successor.

Well that’s not verbatim, only based on my memories. But that convo will happen.
    Before war with Nefarna, Alex will know his parents’ story & about his lineage & he’ll tell Jessica. Eli & Edna will tell their other children too someday. Kayden will tell Katrina that Eli is his older brother. But that’s all. Other nobles won’t know about it.

9. chimainka

chimainka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @bigredqueen
    hello hello,
    could you tell us some more about glory?
    i'm so sad to hear that eli and edna are going to pass away in this book:( but i guess it only adds to the value of this trilogy, it surely makes one feel
    i'm curious about the main storyline, how come it's darker than the previous two books? who else is going to pass away and how (cayden, chris, ria, leo, alan, mcfadden, philly and philan, kian... etc.) i hope alex, yessica and eden are safe and sound in the book does it have a happy ending?
    thank you for all the info you've already shared with us <3

10. nhumnhum

nhumnhum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    em que sentido Eliseu se tornou um menino? fisicamente ou apenas na aparência? Ela terá algum destaque importante durante a história? Ou uma história focada apenas nela?

11. cielhan

cielhan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know where i can find the novel?

12. popwentdrop

popwentdrop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is agnes gonna die..? can someone please spoil me
    please?

ghiel25 likes this.
  13. shashasha

shashasha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes she died, sadly

RedRuchi likes this.
  14. RedRuchi

RedRuchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Official Light & Shadow : Tappytoon
    Nothing yet for Golden Time (there are 2 with this name, nothing by Ryu Hyang) as Light & Shadow novel is completed maybe Tappytoon will start for Golden Time too. But it will be behind Manhwa.

15. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really felt bad for Agnes, she was such a sweet and innocent person. It seemed she went through so much unnecessary suffering. I blame Katrina for how Agnes ended.
    Katrina really pissed me off.
    She is a total dumbass. She hates northians for her trauma yet has a short memory regarding how she ended up there.
    However, fails to grasp the one who sent her to be married to her ex-husband and tortured to the point it rendered her infertile was her family i.e her brother. Yet, she allows her family to manipulate her husband 's court by sending her brat nieces who are were sent by their father to disrupt Kayden's heir's betrothal to Agnes.

I really felt like punching her when she had the gall to think (as if she is not sure) "was i too harsh on agnes"? asking Kayden.
    Her brother clearly has no remorse for what his sister went threw and in fact he thinks she came back "worthless" from Northia and should thank him that she got to be a Queen again. That's how trash her family is. And she was too stupid to realise what Juanna and Agnes (mainly Michaela) was doing in the Palace right under her nose. Even when the maids were beaten black and blue her first suspicion was Agnes and when told it was Michaela she basically did nothing.

Keep in mind, not only did Michaela poison the King and try to frame Agnes for his murder. But she was also feeding Agnes hallucinogenics that only amplified the suffering she was going through and the trauma she experienced being the one who found their mother's body.
    The irony is Katrina sees herself as a victim of Northian's cruel customs but guess what? so are the sisters (especially Agnes).
    Yet Katrina welcomes the very people who sent her to that hell warmly i.e her family and let them use her for their own greed like they did before she married Kayden.

Abbaaa likes this.
  16. Loisheeen_

Loisheeen_ New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil me why is Frederick so obssessed with Jesssica? Why is he so hell bent on marrying her?
    Also what is that night tradition that traumatized Katrina?

17. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she has a "look of defiance" in her eyes that turns him on and makes him want to force her into submission and watch her break. He is a twisted sadist. This is why he wants to bring back the night tradition because he knows how humiliating it will be for Jessica to have all the lords watch her having sex.

The night tradition is where during the male nobels are given an audience to witness the consummation of the marriage between the King and Queen on their wedding night. Basically they have to have sex in full view of nobles sometimes it wouldn't be just for the wedding night but for days. Jessica's father did not agree with the practice but he was too weak to stand up against the nobles and change it before he got married. So he did it while crying that he was making his wife endure such a humiliating act in front other men leering at that.
    I would say the night tradition traumatised Jessica and Agnes' mother more than it did Katrina, as despite having a caring husband (unlike Katrina), the PSTD of remembering that event led their mother to hang herself. It was only then did their father revoke the tradition. Although Frederick wants to bring it back.

It wasn't just the night tradition that traumatised Katrina, it was the fact her first husband physically abused and violently raped her so much it rendered her infertile. Thats why Kayden wanted to marry her since he was determined not have an "heir" so his nephew could be King but he needed a Queen.

I lose sympathy with Katrina because she doesn't really who was the reason she ended up abused to the point it made her infertile by her first husband - it was her family that sold her off. She will vent out her anger on Agnes who is an innocent and also indirect victim of the tradition but let the same people who caused her dire fate to manipulate and use her again for their own benefit. Her brother did not feel bad for what happened to her, he was just annoyed she got "returned" and became "useless" (i.e infertile).

AriaSoul16 likes this.
  18. A.r.i.a

A.r.i.a New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey can you tell me where you read it? I literally searched everywhere but I can't even find the third series, or if possible summarize the story briefly cuz I really wanna know the ending, I really loved this se series

AriaSoul16 likes this.
  19. AriaSoul16

AriaSoul16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1