Spoiler Things I Didn’t Know Because It Was The First Time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    twt.png

ExVGirXVcAM-0CP.jpg

Title:
    처음이라 몰랐던 것들, Things I Didn't Know The First Time (MTL)
    Novel Link: Official Novel Raws: Author: Lee Bora (The same author who wrote, "Ever Ever After")
    Artist: 안즈 | Anzu
    Year: 2021
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Historical, Josei, Drama

Description:

Scarlett, the daughter of great watchmakers is the wife of Viktor Dumfelt.

“There was a drug used to sharpen memories in your wife’s tea.”

“…drug?”

“Overdose could lead to amnesia.”

While she was interrogated by the police, she loses her memories because of those who opposed Viktor’s return to the royal family.

“By the time you get out of here, you won’t remember what happened here.”

A week of missing memories. And the secret Viktor hid, revealed in the newspaper.

“You betrayed me.”

Scarlett couldn’t find the words to explain, because nothing came to mind. Eventually, she decides to divorce Viktor.

“Goodbye, my love.”

That was how their relationship seemingly came to an end.

“Why do you keep coming?”

“If you don’t want me to come, come back.”

He had been indifferent all this time, but now, he hung around her with an unfamiliar look on his face.

Expressionless, Viktor slowly spoke, “I’m going to get you back.”

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    ◤ TOC ◥
    Main Story
    • Chapter Summary (not TL/MTL*):
    1 to 7

Extra Info

➂ Miscellaneous Spoilers

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

You can find the MTL link on this thread here, you can also google it by typing the name of the novel in english + MTL and click on the link that has MTL in it, if you can't access or it says the website can't be found, change /manga/ for /novel/ on the address bar of your browser and you'll access to the site.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

TOC by chileylimon
    Tiny disclaimer: this TOC will be updated everytime there are new spoilers on this thread ♥.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  3. DAngel7

DAngel7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I hope anyone who knows what happens will share some spoilers!

4. Lyndiz

Lyndiz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler??

5. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what his secret was
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

6. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    I see another winter here,arrogant man who doesn’t listen or believe his wife.
    Any spoilers on how the story develops?

7. Scorpionking426

Scorpionking426 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, It is a death sentence to have all his secrets revealed in open and fmc don't even have an excuse(cause of drug). Ofcourse, The relationship will go bad after that.

quarantine is good and Emma626 like this.
  8. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
  10. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  11. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Jjaeniau and lovelysunshiine like this.
  12. ShyHeaux

ShyHeaux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt this is simply a “the translators feelings got hurt” situation. That sounds condescending asf to say. When you sit for HOURS working on translating a series just to have a Mtl shared, your efforts go out the window and it’s like…what’s the point of continuing?

ON TOP OF IT ALL…the original person removed the pdf because they respected the translators efforts but you think it’s okay to post it anyway? Like cmonnnn….

13. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would someone ask another person to take down another person's post? Isnt this supposed to be a hobby? I want to know how it ends and so does other people. I'm not going blame the TL if it takes them awhile to upload bc they have other real life stuff to handle. But TLs shouldnt also "restrict" (and Im using this casually) readers if they want to know more. Someone provided information and Im glad someone did bc I dont have time and patience to wait.

If other people dont like to read MTL, they can ignore it. But I dont think its against the rules here to post the mtled copy, especially on the spoilers section.

Reason should probably "because you love the story and you want to continue translating it for your own regardless of how many readers you got". Obviously, some TLs have their own reason why they started translating but isnt this supposed to be a hobby? If someone started doing their own crappy rendition of Mona Lisa in Nebraska, should I stop painting my own rendition bc whats the point of continuing?

14. ShyHeaux

ShyHeaux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened between the translator and the other person isn’t our business. The fact of the matter is that they felt that the translator provided them with enough reason to justify asking for it to be taken down. The question is why you felt the need to disregard their agreement to post links to something that wasn’t even yours to post? There’s no justification for “We want to know the ending” to post someone’s translation after they removed it with reason. Why not share it privately when someone asks for it? Why not post spoilers instead of the link?

Again, the problem isn’t the mtl itself for me, the problem is you took a copy of the pdf that was removed by and reuploaded it anyway, and then provided a link publicly.

15. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    It is as what you said. Their agreement has nothing to do with me. Whether they had discussed it or not, I would share the mtl copy if I have it (which I have done in other spoiler threads before). And no, I dont like people crowding my inbox when I can avoid it. Unless it is the translator's own work that I shared, then I will do what she wants. But thats a crappy mtl versionIf the NU staff says Im not allowed to post files or link to the file, I would remove. but until then, it stays there.

Luukia, Fostofina, Lucy_ and 2 others like this.
  16. ShyHeaux

ShyHeaux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, the problem isn’t the mtl itself for me, the problem is you took a copy of the pdf that was removed by and reuploaded it anyway, and then provided a link publicly.
    It is what it is. If the series gets dropped for this then ‍Idk I hope the mtl was worth it.

17. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    They requested it to be removed because as far as I can remember, the team doing this was discouraged that someone has mtled it and posted the whole book for others to read. Which was a big question because who gave them authority to have it removed? They dont own the novel. And to quote the owner of the site, "they'll remove it bc their site might get reported if they dont"

If the TL drops the series, then Im just glad I even get to read the novel, even if it's a crappy version.

18. ShyHeaux

ShyHeaux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean their site might get reported? Who was going to report them?

I would like to know why the site owner is lying about all of this. Ain't nobody about to report their site, and no one threatened them over the mtl.

19. solyana116

solyana116 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro this is false af. The tl asked bc she’s been working on it since its serialization at the beginning of the year to prepare for a mass release. In their server they replied to someone about translation progress, and fully committed to completion by translating the latest 20 chapters first, from volume 2 to 1 which the mtl is missing. They had the exact opposite intention of dropping, rather, seeing the translation to completion first before regularly releasing it, which is rare but a gift to readers because we are assured that won't be stopped midway.

I like spoilers, and have even done a few myself, if someone asks what happened to x about specific spoilers, I will reply, but not to the point of dropping a fucking 1k page pdf rendering the actual translation pointless. To drop a 200 chapter translation in the most visible place- NU, on an emerging and active translation is synonymous with sniping. You’re just not posting as a group, but everyone can see it (it’s literally the first google search). Yes, NU has no rules and people can do what they want- the tl could literally drop the complete mtl inclusive of the 26 missing chapters in that pdf, on not just tidk, but other active translations and make it passable by nu standard. But they and others don’t because of respect and it's unspoken that’s a pretty dog move. People can say tl can still translate it, but let's be honest, as readers, there are fewer that are patient enough to wait. Majority want speed > quality, which is why you’re posting that mtl there in the first place, and why nu has so many subpar translations that are still popular. Tl translates fast anyway and has been working on it for a long time, so with an imminent mass release we’d get both speed + quality a win/win for readers like myself. If it were any other group having that done to them, yea we’d be losing a lot of good tls and nu would be plagued with passable mtl sites sabotaging tls for profit because they know people will still read a translation no matter how shit the quality is. Considering tidk tl has yet to completely bridge the gap with the latter half of Vol.1 chapters, why would anyone bother continuing when it’s not worth the effort at all since many readers will prefer to read a speedy version even if it’s shit. The team has better things to do with their time than translate something that’s already been translated even if that translation is crappy. It’s like would a soloist spend the time to still continue scanlating a webtoon, if some other big group sniped by 200 chapter releases at once? They probably could, but anyone with a brain would realize it ain't worth it. the big group is almost forcing that soloist to quit. Even if you like a hobby a lot, everything has limits to its worth. I mean, if it were me, I would drop it like hotcakes without a second thought, let alone go so far as to reach out to the site owner as a small soloist which is daunting af. I have been reading her translations since she was managing the projects at word excerpt, and whilst she can easily post a complete mtl, instead she has a track record of committing to delivering quality.

I asked on discord and the tl showed me the screenshot of what she sent to the site owner. She literally said they didn’t have to, and I’m going to quote, “I know you do not owe me this courtesy, and I understand if you are unwilling to.” She even went so far as to express translating for the site owner’s other group later in gratitude. And tl would have done nothing even if they didn’t. Tf ‘might get reported’ come from? ^as the person above said, why is the site owner lying? to play the victim or what? i have seen many groups trying to recruit tidk tl in the disqus comments where her faq even says she will not join any groups so that she can fully focus on her translations and see them to the end. site owner's group could have gained a valuable translator so itd be a win for them. the tl could have easily reported but they instead messaged them, even considering to work for them. Who tf is nice enough to do that? The site owner didnt even reply so she said she resumed with that intention and thought it was done “out of good will”. But publicly reposting is just making this whole thing redundant.

I got to read a few of the tl's later chapters and two side stories, and the translation is fucking god tier. Having also read the mtl, I can say that it's incomparable, well you can already tell when the synopsis translates tea as car. It will be such a shame to readers if we can’t get that translation.

Fam, I understand that you’re trying to do a service to others by openly sharing it, but please private it. Is it really necessary to keep it public now that you know the damage it’ll cause? There are many pdfs epubs of series that are private without affecting the ongoing translation on NU. If it's because you don't want your inbox flooded i'm here offering to people they can dm me. I don't mind my inbox full and heck, i can ask the tl if she'll provide the complete version including the missing chapters of both volumes with paywalled raws, since she's done that before lol. She’s literally the fucking nicest person, and I know first-hand because I once asked if she knew how to access r15 raws without Korean phone. Not only bought 100+ chapters for me, but also ocr’d them, with a “happy to help :)” wtf? I don’t know any other tl who’d even bother for a reader, maybe just a ‘sorry idk.’

Please. Don't do this to the team who puts so much effort in, as a reader seeing it actually happen to a series' translation you so keenly like makes you feel really bad. And please don't do this for expectant readers, I was so excited for the mass release when I saw the announcement in early August, and it was supposed to be done for September :cry:.

At the end of the day, such a simple gesture will be a win for all parties. You can still read the mtl, people who want to read it can still dm for it, and readers like myself get to read a fantastic high-quality translation.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    crsnjnl, rairia17, haweii and 4 others like this.
  20. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Sniping lol If you consider MTL as sniping, then everyone in this spoiler forum is a sniper. If you consider MTL work as a snipe, then by all it means, you should consider it as a "done work". If it is, then every book in this forum, which has been completely mtled, even before it was posted on the NU page and has been claimed by a group, shouldn't be "sniped" .

And no one claimed that the site owner said the TL's group will report their site. We talked about the possibility of their site being reported (the same way another site has been taken down) as some other group has openly shared their hatred of sites that MTL's knovels and to quote them "I hope he or she tf it is would get caught". Not once was it mentioned that it will be the TL or the TL's group who will report it.

And how would every reader who follows a series know a group on discord announces a mass release? Not everyone has the time to follow a group, wait for their update and god knows what. Not everyone would be able to join the server or could join the server. If she wants to mass release, good for her and good for the readers who are aware of it. Again, if readers want to wait for a decent translation, they would ignore the MTL. Heck, they would probably not visit this forum to avoid seeing mtled spoilers.

But for those who cant wait and dont want to wait, there's an option for them. If, after all is said and done, they want to reread the book when or if it gets fully translated, pretty sure they would love to support the group who did that.

I'll stress this: the same way readers cant and shouldnt demand fast updates from the TL, the TL shouldnt also demand to the readers their loyalty to the group. Let other people read, ffs. Let them be if they want to read shit MTL or if they prefer a nice work.