Discussion Digustingly frail characters

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joospinch, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Joospinch

Joospinch Don't click my avatar!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    You may or may have not read a romance story(usually cn) in which there is a frail female character, either its the FMC or a supporting character or an antagonist, but when they describe them as frail and such they go overboard.

Like if they go outside for 10m and stay under the sun they have to go back inside the house, or if they walk a few too many steps then they feel dizzy.

I was wondering if this is an actual thing in real life, because tbh this looks more like a disability than anything 'lovely'

Fictionaddiction and Kansuou like this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they are sick XD

asriu and Joospinch like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Joospinch likes this.
  4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't these usually the sick white moonlights sitting in wheelchairs in the hospitals? O.O

Joospinch likes this.
  5. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't hate this trope tbh.. I rather hate more the heroines who act like babies bec. it's cute. Ex: She clung to her brother/lover whomever's arm and screamed pitifully waaah brother you're bullying me and she pouted her lips cutely and looked like an aggrieved little rabbit.. I'd much prefer the cuteness-need to be protected etc.. stems form an actual bodily condition instead of pure retardation.
    As for the existence of that in real life... I've seen people with muscular disabilities who'd fit that criteria. But healthy people... When I was young I didn't go outdoors much so physical activities like running tired me out in like 10 min.. but nothing like those Chinese heroines tbh never fainted and all

Joospinch likes this.
  6. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that seems like a disability, I can’t imagine how annoying it would be to have that condition. Like imagine trying to go to the bathroom and it becomes a whole procession of maids and doctors… so humiliating lol.

Joospinch likes this.
  7. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    frailty could be any number of medical conditions...
    • Lack of Bone density: bones break easily, can't carry any weight (backpack, luggage, etc.)
    • Lack of skin pigmentation: sunburns easily, needs to be fully covered (incl. fingers & face) when going outside under the sun
    • Early arthritis / Rheumatoid arthritis : joint pain & fatigue like old age, can't do much physical activity
    • Bladder control problem: keeps going to restroom, always needs to be near a restroom

Joospinch likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    poor those sick heroine
    they like a pet
    on video game~

imo such sickness can hindrance daily life and affect psychology of the patient

as for lovely hmm its like kind of weird, disturbing or distorted opinion such fragility is lovely .... like pet... maybe~ it give the sense oh poor you lil thing, can't do nothing without mua~ a sense of control over someone, a sense of ..... ehem sound too dark but yeah maybe~

Joospinch likes this.
  9. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of those "Bossy CEO" novels, where the 'Boss' falls in love with his/her underling.
    On the other side, there are parents hating their children, because the children went "out of their control."

...maybe there is something 'Lovely' about "a sense of control over someone" !