Spoiler Flowers Rot and You Remain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FRAYR.jpg

Flowers Rot and You Remain.jpg

Title:
    꽃은 썩고 너는 남는다, The Flower Rots and You Remain
    Novel Link: N/A
    Official Novel Raws: Official Manhwa Link: Official Manhwa Raws: Author: 백설은| Snow White (The same author who wrote, "The Mistress Runs Away")
    Artist: 폴라 | Polar (Manhwa)
    Year: 2020 (Novel), 2021 (Manhwa)
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Historical, Drama, Josei
    Status: 4 Volumes [Novel] (Complete), 10 Chapters [Manhwa] (Ongoing)

Description:

At the ancestral estate of Glown Hall, plain and serious Helen Godwin is hired by the wealthy and powerful Somerset family to tutor the young master Henry. Among its dark and ancient halls, Helen hears whispers about a ghost, madness, and something more sinister the Somersets are hiding. It’s not long before she catches the eye of the womanizing Raymond, Henry’s older brother. Even though Helen isn’t the type Raymond usually goes for, something about her is too alluring for him to ignore…

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
  4. YamiSama

YamiSama Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobpeek: Is this a mix of historical and modern times? Chapter 1 kind of felt like that.

5. Zachary

Zachary Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Tragedy??
    I don't know. Count me in:blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

6. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    So, is Raymond evil on the timeskip? That's why Helen left right? Or was the guy who betrayed her Simon?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    syofiaa likes this.
  7. ayuufz

ayuufz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoiler?

Scapezz likes this.
  8. Jeonsolmi

Jeonsolmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please :blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Scapezz likes this.
  9. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one's a r19 i think.. anyway it seems promising spoilers please

Scapezz likes this.
  10. mik_ha_il

mik_ha_il Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Koiyue

Koiyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoil this peasant more:blobReach::aww:

illysillymilly and Scapezz like this.
  12. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm ML looks like a a playboy jerk who will regret his actions later...

13. Koiyue

Koiyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even know he's good-looking such a player:hmm::notlikeblob:

Scapezz likes this.
  14. Honeydew Summer

Honeydew Summer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler pleaseee. Did he threw Helen away and then regret it??

Scapezz likes this.
  15. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    He has a look that attracts both men and women at once even if he does nothing.
    Bad guy with deep scars (?) Raymond Campbell Somerset (20 years old)

She grew up under patriarchal oppression as the daughter of a pastor in a rural village.
    Helen Godwin (25 years old), a wounded woman with a painful trauma as well.

Namjoo Raymond was a bright and good-natured child.
    He showed the standard of the count's eldest son in all aspects, including social schools.
    I grew up very well and was a good honor student (+appearance)
    Until that incident happened because of a man named Abi who could be the main cause of this novel...

For reference, this is a 19th century British setting.
    Especially in this age, gender discrimination, etc. are all serious.

In addition to this background of the times, the heroine Helen was not in good shape either in the family or in the pastor's family.
    She was a woman who grew up like a frog in a well in a small country town where she had never had a boyfriend.

However, despite this background, Helen is different from other common women.
    She has a higher education and dreams of establishing a school with her childhood friend Simon.

Unlike other common women, Helen's mother did not fall into labor.
    He supported Helen's desire to pursue further education, but Helen's father wasn't...
    If Raymond has a wound related to his father, Helen is with his mother.

Besides, Helen is already 25 years old from the first meeting of the novel.
    Under the imperial law, common women like this are treated as complete old virgins, and even marriage is blocked.
    There is no family to inherit, and everything is at a disadvantage.

In the midst of not being able to do this, at the Earl of Esselwood Somerset
    He decides to leave his hometown when he sees a job advertisement for a tutor for his youngest son.

It wouldn't be pretty that this tutor recruitment condition was unusual.
    It was a perfect condition for Helen, who belongs to an ordinary woman in the play.

Helen and Raymond become entangled from the beginning of their journey to Esselwood as a tutor.

It was also said that Raymond and the singer, who had been his lover for a while, asked his friend to hug him.
    In the scene where he gets angry at Raymond who easily hugged him and slaps him on the cheek lol

Helen, who was watching the process, and Raymond, who turned their heads because the situation was just boring,
    Their eyes met for a moment, and Raymond recognized at a glance that Helen was the Earl of Somerset's new tutor.

It's a male and female protagonist who started getting entangled from the first meeting like this, but I really enjoyed this time the most.

Raymond, you're a fucking fox, you really need to read this
    In a nutshell, everything is on the palm of my hand.
    He's the kind of guy who makes even the reader who reads all the settings dazedly captivated.
    To such a guy, how would Helen, an innocent maiden who doesn't know anything in the story?

Anyway, I fell in love with the theme of seeing only Raymond's face at a social gathering.
    There is a fiancee who brought in a marriage letter, and the dowry presented by this fiancee
    It was something that even the Earl of Somerset could not ignore, so Raymond's father
    He forcibly engaged his son who had no affection for money and gave him away...

Raymond's ex-girlfriend, a singer, is also one of the women Raymond used to break up their marriage.
    If I found out that I was playing with a girl belonging to a back alley like that, I thought the fiancee's family would be angry and upset.
    On the contrary, it came out that I understood it as bloody, so the plan went awry.

So, if there are rumors that you'll meet a poor woman who can't even come into contact with the family.
    That shameless fiancee's family will break the marriage with shame and anger
    Thinking about it, I purposely posted that kind of notice when I was recruiting my younger brother's tutor.

An exemplary honor student, his father forced him to attend a military academy with terrible regulations.
    I got into it , but I got caught up in another incident and killed the principal with my own hands...
    There are incidents between father and mother that make me want to be glad I'm not crazy.

I didn't stop the women who left me, who was a straight honor student, I didn't catch the women who left me.
    Raymond seems to have done it on purpose that he went around making rumors while hanging out with his poor-quality cousin.

While trying to seduce Helen for the purpose of breaking the marriage
    Raymond is unwittingly falling for Helen.
    The heroine Helen is a really, really nice and kind woman.

He puts others before himself, is always considerate, and has deep understanding.
    A delicate and kind woman who knows how to heal the wounds of others

Helen digs into Raymond's gaps in his painful past and scars at a moment he didn't even think of.
    There are times when he heals, and I think Raymond slowly fell in love with those images.

After that, in brief, the truth is revealed and he misunderstood his love as a lie.
    A woman who has been hurt and a man who regrets his impure actions.

Helen, who left her job as a tutor, which had been so safe, left without anything.
    Based on the background of the times, I was placed in one of the two, whether I went to a factory or sold my body to work.

Fortunately, with the help of a station attendant, I went to an area where women could get an education and work.
    After receiving training as a nurse, she goes to apply as a nurse in the upcoming war...

After Helen left, Raymond, who was frantically looking for her, found out that she had volunteered for the war.
    Even with the trauma of his military school days that were so terrible...

Also, the Somerset family's chance to deal with (?) his hated father.
    Despite the fact that he inherited the title of count, he gave up everything and volunteered to join the war with Helen.

Two years passed like that, and Raymond, this madman
    He leads his troops and chases after every battle and place where there is a nurse.

Even though I sleep in the war, I don't know when my life will be taken away, I always dream of Helen and cry...
    In a world without Helen, if I don't meet her, there's no point in living.
    He gave up everything that was given to him for Helen and risked his life.

Even after that, the main characters are not smooth until the end.
    The early to middle part flows calmly, and from the middle to late war, it just rages.
    Last but not least, just a point for those who want to see

- People who like very detailed writing centered on stories and emotions
    - A person who likes to see the emotional changes and narratives of the male protagonist
    - People who like novels with an English-American literary atmosphere
    - A person who likes to act like a man who can't be demanding and attracts readers
    (I've never seen a male fluttering fox like Raymond's)
    - A person who likes a man who is very gentle with his actions, but is very emotional
    - A person who likes to be compressed with a hot fuss that didn't come out even once in the main story in the side story.

16. Vic2021

Vic2021 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the end of this story? Will they be together?

17. otomereader

otomereader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The two brothers aren't related by blood, surprising the FL since they're so close. Relationship between ML's father and ML is fairly rocky. ML had left the house without warning in the past, making his younger brother really lonely.

Anyway, what is noteworthy is that ML is engaged to a princess but has zero interest in her. ML and princess were drinking tea together and the princess saw the FL and the younger brother from a distance and was irked by the sight of a female (I guess). She made some unpleasant remarks (e.g. "she's ugly. should I help you to find a better tutor?") but ML had nothing of her nonsense but was still relatively polite/ pleasant while shutting her down. ML also stated the the FL isn't ugly. o_O Princess later went off crying about how she has made the ML upset, causing the father to be angry that he is not making sure that their relationship goes well.

It was also revealed that he dated the model/ex-lover so that his engagement with the princess could be cancelled when news of his cheating ways reach others but the father did not act as expected. The father said something along the lines of how he could understand that the ML has his needs and couldn't resist temptation. Father then said that what's important, however, is that he needs to make sure that the princess doesn't learn of him having a lover. Thus, the engagement was not broken, to the ML's frustration.

ML thought that his behaviour was condoned because his partner was a pretty model. If he chose someone plain, of humble origins, that'd be such a huge blow to the father's pride.
    The FL is the pawn he has chosen to use and discard for his plans. On several occasions, he refers to her as the one he'd use and also explictly mentions in one chapter that she's to be used and discarded.

It's hinted tho, that he might be catching feelings already (I am most unimpressed), since he rushed to help her when he saw her being surrounded by nasty dudes trying to drag her away, and the person he was with thought, "since when was he such a righteous man [who'd go off in such a rush to help a lady in trouble]?".

Younger brother really likes FL. Asked her if she could be his aunt instead of the princess who was being superficially nice to him to curry favours with the ML (he isn't fond of the princess either). FL recalls the princess, ML's ex-lover, and the maid ML fooled around with. They were all pretty. She reminds herself not to be deceived/ get ahead of herself.

I've omitted a fair amount of events and details. I'm not invested in the characters and the story so I'll not be re-reading to refresh my memory. ^^" Hope this spoiler helped satisfy some amount of curiosity though. =)

18. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woww he's younger than her? I thought he's older cuz of his experience. FL looks younger with her innocence & kind heart, not to mention her face

19. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanna know too!

Scapezz likes this.
  20. vdv027

vdv027 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link