Recommendations I was born to loathe "romance" "harem" in an action-adventure novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Shyrkan, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Shyrkan

Shyrkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So here's the point.

Can you recommend me some novels?
    NO ROMANCE!
    NO HAREM
    NO FEMALE LEAD OF ANY KINDS!
    NO ROMANTIC SUBPLOTS!
    I HATE IT!

I didn't mean the whole "Romance genre"

I just don't like it specially when they "mixed" action-adventure plus romance together.

ALSO!!!

N O BL!!! NO NO NO

So...

1. Male Protagonist
    2. Jap/Kor/CHN
    3. could be from anywhere (NU, WATTPAD, WEBNOVELS, ROYAL ROAD, ETC)
    Just came back from checking Wattpad but sadly, I think almost 89% of the novels with the #maleprotagonist is also bl...
    I wanna cry...

And yes, I also accept non human mc.
    • Dragon MC
    • God MC

I also accept fanfictions, as long as....
    Male MC
    No romance
    No harem
    No bl
    Absolutely no weird ships

TXHY and Sachi8003 like this.
  2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AtnShadid, Ddraig, Shyrkan and 7 others like this.
  3. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/warlock-of-the-magus-world/

There might be some romance/harem but i think they count more as a fling or making use of em since mc isn't really in love with em in my opinion and harem like plays almost no role in to the story Since he basically abandons em after setting em up with neccessities before continueing his journey. novel is basically traveling around different worlds being op. I find each place being very different and interesting in their own way.

Shyrkan likes this.
  5. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint has a romantic subplot but it's never in the foreground, just occasionally mentioned.

Shyrkan and Shio like this.
  6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  7. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Me reading, okay I have a lot

*highlights....oh, no BL. Nevermind.

Good luck

Also why is it white, I couldn't see what it said.

Shyrkan likes this.
  8. AgeNtSaRcaS

AgeNtSaRcaS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary Mechanic it's CN but the action scenes are fire.. dont know abt the translations but imo it's good. The mc has no interest in girls, while it is not romance/harem it's been tagged harem cuz the women are just interested in him but he doesn't give a shit. Can someone back me up on this?

Sachi8003 and Shyrkan like this.
  9. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how the OP asks for no Romance or harem and people still give him stuff with some Romance/harem/fling lol.
    Isaac has the annoying fml who could easily be turned into a love interest just so the author can sell more and most of the others are worse lol.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/superstars-of-tomorrow/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/this-earth-is-a-bit-fearsome/
    ( No romance or harem even till the end of the series. It's all focused on the story, the journey and the main character)

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/trash-of-the-counts-family/
    No romance, has dragons, magic, calm mc, powerful but not overpowered etc. Has friends/loyal subjects.

Couldn't find the NU links for the next recommendations.

The Heavenly Demon Can’t Live a Normal Life:
    No romance, focuses heavily on knights, politics, war, strategy, etc. Every character is alive and doesn't feel 1 dimensional.

Lord Of The Oasis:
    Haven't finished it but so far there have been zero indication of anything like that. No harem or romance at all upto 489 chapters and it doesn't look like there's gonna be any.

Shio, TXHY and Shyrkan like this.
  10. Sachi8003

Sachi8003 wishing for truck-kun

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG YESSS FINALLY SOMEONE I CAN RELATE TO:blobpopcorn_cool:I DESPISE ROMANCE AND HAREM IN MALE LEAD MC STORIES
    Trash of the Count's Family
    Chronicles of Primordial Wars
    The Legendary Mechanic
    these 3 are my fave:blobnosebleed:as of now
    both chronicles and mechanic are completed, TCF is still on-going.
    Just a heads up tho if you're gonna read The Legendary Mechanic that there is a little romantic subplot in the end chapters, BUT it is so little you can even call it insignificant. Don't even know why they still put it there:hmm:I mean it add nothing to the story at all. It's not even romantic subplot, more like MC and female were just sleeping together

yesyes omg you dont know how much i hated the sisters when they showed romantic intentions to the MC. But the MC didnt give a fck.

Shyrkan likes this.
  11. HaterOfHarem

HaterOfHarem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My disciple are all villain- no romance at all for the Mc is focus on not getting killed and focus on his disciple.

Chronicle of primordial wars- no romance the mc is a genius and has vast companions. So thrilling!!

Tales of the devouring serpent- the mc is a snake who eats to evolve and became the strongest animal. No romance!!!!!

orangethegreatorange and Shyrkan like this.
  12. BriarOfMaharlika

BriarOfMaharlika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the love interest in ORV?

13. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no love interest.
    Lee hyunsung and jung heewon are romantically involved.

14. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul of Negary - non-human mc
    Lord of the Mysteries
    History’s Number 1 Founder

Also, if you’re interested in some slice of life you should check out The Great Storyteller.

15. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saihate no Paladin. It's MC's friend who first got a girlfriend (and also married).
    Ex Rank Supporting Role’s Replay in a Prestigious School. The translation doesn't do this novel justice; for some chapters it's literally unedited MTL, but just bear with it. The story is surprisingly really good despite the very typical title (and surprisingly no romance, not even a single love interest).
    Hammurabi Style. Quite short (40 chapters in total), so no romance as MC focused on his revenge plan.
    Hermit Wizard. I believe the reason for the low rating is the "info dump" in some early chapters (I wouldn't even call that info dump though :/). The world setting is quite unique and you actually get clear explanations for the world's workings (aka "the secret of the universe").
    Let Me Game in Peace. If you only want male MC without romance, here you go. Just a warning, you might get bored though

I'll recommend this too, for it's not clear whether there will be romance or not, but no romance detected for the most part of the novel & the story is pretty good anyway:
    I Became the First Prince. Just like you, I really despise romance added to adventure/action novels, so I really wish there's no romance for this one at the end. The plot, the actions are really good. This gives me the feeling of reading a classic fantasy sword fighting story taken in medieval era. Currently (ch 283/350) no romance (hell that's more than halfway to the end!), but some say MC will end up with a girl (or two, damn :notlikeblob:)
    I’m Really Not The Demon God’s Lackey. No romance so far. I once read somewhere that some readers in cn asked the author if there's any romance for MC, and it's a positive, so..... well anyway it's still long ahead and this has good premise too, so there's nothing wrong with reading this for now. I wouldn't recommend reading the manhua adaptation though, the artist basically makes every female character sensual while that's not the impression I get from reading the novel (I believe that's what the market wants). Well, the choice is yours ;)

16. BriarOfMaharlika

BriarOfMaharlika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHAAAT I THOUGHT THEY WEREN'T CANON [ I read some spoilers accidentally in another site ]

17. potato413

potato413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...8,11404,291,16201,11678&sort=sread&order=desc

This is one of my filtered search lists, sorted by readers. If you click on the right corner, filters, you can exclude more tags or exclude less tags. Here are the tags i have currently excluded

Current Filters - Genre (exclude): Ecchi, Gender Bender, Harem, Josei, Romance, Shoujo, Shoujo Ai, Shounen Ai, Smut, Yaoi, Yuri | Tags (exclude): Adultery, Affair, All-Girls School, Anal, Androgynous Characters, Arranged Marriage, BDSM, Beautiful Female Lead, Bickering Couple, Bisexual Protagonist, Blind Dates, Boss-Subordinate Relationship, Breast Fetish, Childhood Love, Childhood Promise, Clingy Lover, Clumsy Love Interests, Cold Love Interests, Couple Growth, Cross-dressing, Cunnilingus, Dense Protagonist, Devoted Love Interests, Doting Love Interests, Early Romance, Enemies Become Lovers, Exhibitionism, Fated Lovers, Fellatio, Female Master, Female Protagonist, Female to Male, First Love, First-time Intercourse, Forced into a Relationship, Forced Marriage, Fujoshi, Futanari, Handsome Male Lead, Harem-seeking Protagonist, Imperial Harem, Incubus, Kind Love Interests, Kuudere, Late Romance, Loli, Love at First Sight, Love Interest Falls in Love First, Love Rivals, Love Triangles, Lovers Reunited, Male to Female, Manly Gay Couple, Mind Control, Mismatched Couple, Mpreg, Netorare, Netorase, Netori, Obsessive Love, Office Romance, Older Love Interests, Online Romance, Orgy, Paizuri, Persistent Love Interests, Perverted Protagonist, Popular Love Interests, Power Couple, Pretend Lovers, Protagonist Falls in Love First, Rape, Rape Victim Becomes Lover, Reverse Harem, Reverse Rape, Reversible Couple, Romantic Subplot, Secret Crush, Seduction, Sex Friends, Sex Slaves, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Cultivation Technique, Shota, Shoujo-Ai Subplot, Shounen-Ai Subplot, Siblings Not Related by Blood, Sister Complex, Slave Harem, Slow Romance, Smart Couple, Strong Love Interests, Student-Teacher Relationship, Tomboyish Female Lead, Trap, Tsundere, Unconditional Love, Unrequited Love, Villainess Noble Girls, Yandere, Younger Love Interests, Younger Sisters | Order By: Readers, Descending

18. potato413

potato413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought BL is romance though.

19. sascopis9

sascopis9 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not one of the best for others, it was even considered as trash but for me i enjoy it a lot. 'End of the Magic Era'

It fits the criteria