Spoiler My Husband Will Regret This

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jul 23, 2021.

1. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR. Not only that, the FL is from a warm climate, but the husband estate is in the cold side, so she often fall sick, maybe this the reason the husband forbid her doing the Duchess work (But would it kill him to speak honestly, instead of belittling her, deemed her as useless).

I just feel bad for the FL, she is living like Rapunzel, isolated in the mansion, her husband never bring her even in the official public occasion where the wife must attend. Not only they never shared a bed, the husband also live in the separate mansion in the capital, only came to the estate a few times in the year, stay for a week at most, even when the FL literally beg him to have dinner with her, he cut her off. Man, this is just so absurd, he is afraid his wife would view him as 'monster' because his prosthetic, but does it never crossed his mind that his attitude toward her was the epitome of the 'devil' himself.

I know, in political marriage, you don't obligated to loved the other, but talk it out please, what kind of marriage it's gonna be, whether it just business or facade. If you can't give the love, let her have a lover, that would be better for both parties. But all these self-centered husband became possessive the moment the wife mention divorce, much more if they mention lover (if the husband do it it's romance, but if the wife do it it's an affair), it's disgusting really.

2. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh what? Are authors running out of ideas for misunderstanding that a fucking prosthetic leg is taking the blame? Lol

Uh do u have any idea whether she actually dies? The novel has 'tragedy' tag but I have come across many novels which has characters with tragic circumstances but overall HE and now I don't trust the tag any longer. Does she actually die? And how does the husband change after tearing up the divorce papers?

3. hyouzantranslates

hyouzantranslates Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont like this kind of plot because it usually ends up a happy ending at some point, instead of the husband regrets it AS HE SHOULD, but why am I still here and interested lol :sushi_chubby:

anyway, any major spoilers ha ha ha

4. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it’s a bad end for the husband ಠ_ಠ

5. Gmo1

Gmo1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler please
    I’m dying from curiosity what will happen if he know about her sickness, why he treate her like that ! and is she really gonna die? poor Chloe how could I hug you?

Azrays likes this.
  6. Azrays

Azrays Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am curious too. can someone please spoil us. in the end is she dying?

7. jujubaba82

jujubaba82 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler pls

8. Raghadaaln

Raghadaaln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the comments and seems like the reason Eric mistreated chloe was because of inferiority complex, because chloe is noble while he is not, also it’s seems not only chloe loved him since their time in the academy he loved her too, she told him not to give her brother money since it’s not his problem but he thinks that she thinks that the money he gives to her brother is coming from a disgusting lowly commoner, when she actually told him that because her brother doesn’t deserve it,he also make Machines or something? I’m not sure, to help her since she get sick easily in winter but HE NEVER TOLD HER:blob_catflip:
    Apparently everyone seems to agree that he is indeed a trashy husband:blobsmile:
    Well that all based on the comments hopefully someone give spoilers about their relationship in the future, and if she will die or not:blobpopcorn_cool:
    Actually I kinda hope she dies so he really regret it his whole life:blobsmile:

9. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more like his pride as a genius but lowborn and his prejudice against the noblest FL (that's why I call it Pride and Prejudice, not referencing to Mr. Darcy). It was different from someone with inferiority and then trample on the other person to inflate his ego like that 'thing' from The Devil Who Breaks My Neck or 'Who Stole the Empress'. I wouldn't call it mistreatment, more like misunderstanding in his own part (just like the servant who misunderstood her cause she never tried to talk to them), he always twisted FL words and action in a negative way, he thinks that the FL look at him as a monster when she avoided him was the perfect example of that, his way of speaking might be harsh but at least he didn't insult or degrade her, according to him it was FL who look down on him, it was FL who ignore him, pretty much remind me of 'Under The Oak Tree'.

10. merchantbob

merchantbob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mtl of a review on the series:
    but i'm not sure which chapter they're referring to when they said "Now we have come to the stage of acknowledging each other's love"

btw, sweet potatoes = frustrating

terpseachore and ChanvreVert like this.
  11. Syalalabla

Syalalabla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is she really going to die ?

meyuh and ChanvreVert like this.
  12. meyuh

meyuh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Much better if she will. She's terminally ill and I hope that there will be no "magic healing" thing that will disappear her illness 'cause that's disappointing. If the author will take the realistic route, then much better. The recent chapter said that she coughs up blood because her heart is failing to pump blood then she got problems with her digestive system too. So, if she's still going to live with that, assuming she will have a heart transplant, I think she got lower probability to survive since she got her illness for a long time. To add, she's also stressed from her husband soooo...I doubt and that she's going to survive (hopeful of her not surving at the end.) My words are cruel but I just think that Eric don't deserve her. She's the only one so far who's working hard to convey her feelings to him and yet he's just there—listening words with one ear and going to the other.

13. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So everyone agrees that FL should just die and ML should rot in some gutter, regretting his retarded life choices. Great!
    hope the author will agree with us too.

14. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think at this point everyone is team "ROT IN A HELL OF YOUR OWN MAKING BASTARD!"

15. CrazyApple

CrazyApple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read some comments from naver apparently they don't divorce until chapter 50 or 60

Also husband is a jerk because of his prosthetic foot and from some comments he was building a stove/furnace for her so that it can be warmer there

16. Bonzai

Bonzai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I give any opinions, I want to go and wait until more chapters are released. At least this is already completed , and is not quite long.

I wanted to go and read ahead, but I'm saving my coins for another novel huhuhu.

If she is going to die, why does it not have a Tragedy genre on the description? Or did I just miss it? Why does it have a Fantasy genre as well? Is this.going to be an isekai trope as well?

I don't mind a tragic ending.. ala classics such as "Love Story" or the not so classic A walk to remember.

mrs.apache likes this.
  17. Shitai

Shitai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree. It would be either better for the MC and ML to somewhat reconcile where she then does die leaving the ML to regret his actions or where the MC dies pitifully and the ML unable to find any closure and suffers. I am just a sucker for angst

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  18. meyuh

meyuh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh gosh. We have to suffer for about 40 to 50 chs before we get to divorce. I guess we're going to drown in immeasurable anger and pain for fml then.

19. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kind of in the minority here, but I don't want the FL to die as the ending. It's realistic for her situation, but at the same time FL's love and attachment to someone like the ML isn't, so I think the author could afford some creative liberties with the narrative in terms of her illness. Being irrevocably in love with a crappy iceberg for no reason is romance novel logic at it's finest. Miraculously recovering from terminal illness isn't too much of a stretch then.

I really want the ML to suffer the consequences of his actions but not at the expense of the FL yet again. She suffered enough as it is, why must she also make the ultimate sacrifice just to teach the ML a lesson? It just feels like the FL is an expendable object to give the person who hurt her a way to turn his life around. Think about it this way, If FL dies, ML will regret and be in pain for a while, but in the end he is still alive. Realistically speaking, after sometime he might eventually move on from mc's death and possibly find love again. Like those MLs in stepmom novels whose first love/wife died but ended up happy with the new girl. FL on the other hand will be dead. That's it, she lived and died miserably and will never get the chance to get her happy ending. She'll only remain as a memory for the ML whom she wasted her life on. FL is still the only one who loses in the end in this scenario.

The most ideal and satisfying endings I can think of would be:
    A. FL lives, moves on, and finds her happiness and live a fulfilling life with someone better, or at least without the ML.
    B. FL succumbs to her disease but before that she leaves the ML and lives a short yet meaningful life in peace without any lingering feelings nor attachments to her husband and passes on with a smile.
    C. Any ending where she becomes her own person and not just a pining love interest for an emotionally constipated idiot.

There might be better ones than the examples above, but they're the ones I thought would give FL's character some agency without making her as just another cheap accesory for the sake of drama or some kind of martyr for the ML's affection. If anyone has read the novel and knows the ending could kindly enlighten us if this is a decent read or another cliche to drop, I'd be really thankful.

20. Bonzai

Bonzai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How.can you see the comments from Naver? Or is this from the naver blog? I have the Naver series, but I can't afford to lose coins.. I am savinf them for another novel. But I want to read ahead.