Spoiler Once Again Into the Light, Alone

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by blackrose0429, Jun 12, 2020.

1. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did find it weird her first family treated her like that for no reason. Plus the fact that Marianne's eyes flashed red. I thought she might've used some dark magic to control them:blobsob:
    I feel so bad for her family. As the spoilers said, Marianne was jealous of Alysia because she was so loved. It's really sad that they were hypnotized and killed their beloved family member while pampering the perpetrator:blob_teary:. And in the end, instead of being saved, they all had shitty endings, when actually they were also victims:blobconfounded:

2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To many of these "villainess" (I count anything with a FL executed for false charges as a type of it) stories seem to rely on magical briinwashing, either it is directly stated, heavily implied or the only way things make sense. Which always makes me wonder, in a world where magic is real, why do so many royal families have no method of blocking or detecting this type of effect. I can feel bad for them, but at the same time they killed someone for no reason other then the word of 1 girl when any decent ruler knows that they need to verify these things first to make sure it was not a misunderstanding. Plus they obviously did nothing to protect against a very real threat.

Which is a bit of a pet peeve for me after having my work place get hit with organization wide ransomware more then a year after 1 section got affected by a similar but smaller scale attack, and from what I heard the IT support/security had done nothing to prevent another attack on top of extremely lax security.

3. GhostChibi

GhostChibi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I'm confused af, who is the real ml tho?

4. ushii

ushii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The dude with long blonde hair, who erased her memory after Aisha saw him. I think

So I read a spoiler o how someone died protecting aisha...IS THAT PERSON ISIS?? BECAUSE I SWEAR IF HE DIES IM GONNA CRY BUCKETS

5. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wonder if isis (MC's brother) get love interest?

6. Ggukiieee

Ggukiieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the novel acquired from google books. Sooo... Is that really the end? Seems like the side stories wasn't available or included?

No, he is John. I think. He is a knight from another principality - Rioten (ally of elmir empire). He was severely injured from the war that time, and give up on life. Then Aisha healed him and sworn to be her knight after, so he go to elmir empire to be the elmir knight instead. (i cried when he died, really. Lol) to think that Aisha gave him another life after he healed him before, then he gave back his life to Aisha by protecting her. :blobsob:

Another is, Lakias, her older brother from previous life. He protected Aisha when Marian was about to stab her with knife during the last fight.

The real marian is the one with black hair. Alissa is the one with silver hair and gold eyes and she was really loved by her old family. They are all victims of Marian's brainwashing including MC. Her memories that she was always left alone, and was not loved, that was really happened to Marian, not to Alissa.

Marian, due to a severe jealousy and obsession to Lakias, she was able to summon a demon (?) and that is the source of her brainwashing.

At the end, when Lakias shield himself and was stabbed by marian, Lakias able to tell Marian that he only loved one sister and that is Alissa only. He also said to Marian, all of the loved she got are all lies (due to brainwashing). That's when Marian gone mad because of what Lakias said, and at the same time, as she is obsessed with Lakias who is now dying. Then Arsene (?) took that chance to kill her.

7. Koei_tenco

Koei_tenco Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.
    I would like to know how did Alisha's former family find out who she really was? How, when, why everything. What happened next ?
    Or if you don't have time, do you know from which chapter should I read about the revelation?

8. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to add: Arsene is the wizard black-haired boy, the "only" childhood friend of Alissa, who swore to take revenge for Alissa's death at any cost. We get to see his 1st appearance in webtoon in ch.8 when he comes as an envoy from MC ex-country aka Alissa country to Aisha's 1st birthday.

As I can see from your spoilers, he got his revenge then. Bravo!

Thank you for sharing such awesome spoilers!

9. marmoo

marmoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So her former family was brainwashed into "switching" roles of Marian and Aisha ;/. Is that all? All this absurd cruelty would be awwwright if the one being framed (in example by some other external power) was Marian?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    babayagu and Bella94 like this.
  10. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    The real marian is the one with black hair. Alissa is the one with silver hair and gold eyes and she was really loved by her old family. They are all victims of Marian's brainwashing including MC. Her memories that she was always left alone, and was not loved, that was really happened to Marian, not to Alissa.

Marian, due to a severe jealousy and obsession to Lakias, she was able to summon a demon (?) and that is the source of her brainwashing.

At the end, when Lakias shield himself and was stabbed by marian, Lakias able to tell Marian that he only loved one sister and that is Alissa only. He also said to Marian, all of the loved she got are all lies (due to brainwashing). That's when Marian gone mad because of what Lakias said, and at the same time, as she is obsessed with Lakias who is now dying. Then Arsene (?) took that chance to kill her.
    When - on the war of edenbell and elmir empire. Basically, elmir won and got to hold the edenbell empire. So all royals & nobles are being hostage in the edenbell palace. Thanks to Arsene for this work lol.

How - when elmir troupes arrived in edenbell. So Marian approached Aisha and wants to 'talk as saint' or convince them to stop or so. But then, Luminas step in and says that there is a stench smell coming from Marian. Luminas did something to reveal her true form. Then, he also reveal or show to them what really happen back then in Alissa's life (i dont know how he reveal or show, i was imagining a projector or something lol). By then, Aisha's old fam and other nobles began to experience headache, and Aisha reveal to them that he is a reincarnation of Alissa. Old fam didn't believe it first but then Aisha starts to say some memories of them before. Their shocked of course while experiencing the headache due to coming back of some memories.

Then, Marian still trying to brainwash or convince them that its not true. But well, Luminas is stronger. So Marian kidnapped Lakias and bring on the tower (outside?) then a lot of bats (?) came to attack. So yea, they fought here. Aisha asked why she's doing this. And this is when Marian reveal all, the jealousy, that she only want the 'first' (lakias), the summoning of demon (?).

Marian (whose crazy and saying that she will see Aisha died twice) will attack Aisha whose helpless that time coz Luminas, Isis, Arsene and others are busy fighting lol, and Rudion, her 3rd spirit was stabbed and returned temporarily to the spirit world so she cant summon anyone. Lu and Rimie are mostly for healing. But then, Lakias shield himself, says something on Marian (see previous spoiler) lol. Lakias last words was "Alissa..", "No, It's Aisha now"...... "I'm Sorry.." Aisha called him "Brother" but he already died.

Buuut, on Lakias POV, he managed to hear Aisha's calling him Brother. Then died.

Aisha then explore the palace, where she stays in before as Alissa. Then she saw the tree in the garden wherein she has memories of Lakias, she asked the maid why it was not demolished or something after her death. The maid said that Lakias did not want to remove everything in this castle so it remains the same. By then, She met Rukiadin, Lakias son. Who looks so much like him. Memories of her old brother get back to Aisha and she cried while Rukiadin saying do not cry.

They got back and enter the wake room, old fam plus Isis and others are there. Old fam says to Aisha that its okay to not forgive them but hoping to let them atone their sins for the rest of their life. Aisha smiled at them in the end. Their last name, edenbell, was removed and they become a commoner I guess. (they part ways moving forward)

Yes, they met the second time on war on Rioten. Arsene was the commander in chief of edenbell, then Aisha was sent as a saint envoy for Rioten. She able to talk with Arsene that time to stop the war. And ask why he is doing this, its not like him (coz Arsene is kind and more on books as she knows). So arsene says, as if you know me better. By then, Aisha revealed that she is a reincarnation of Alissa. At first he did not believe and choke Aisha's neck lol Luminas to the rescue. But on the next meeting they able to talk properly, he reveal his goal that he need a higher status to get more edenbel trust that's why he is doing this war then execute his plan to bring them down later on. Then they managed to collab and says that their goal is the same, to bring down and get revenge on edenbell.

Marane101, SofiyeJaan, mmem and 45 others like this.
  11. Koei_tenco

Koei_tenco Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much.
    Even though it isn't the way I would have handled the "revenge", I'm a bit satisfied not completely.
    Even though I want the artist to be healthy so she/he'll be able to deliver to us the best, I cannot deny that I want to read the manhwa without any breaks or seasons breaks.
    I'll be happy to follow this story. I cannot wait to read more.

For everyone who read the novel, what is your favorite moment, event of this story?

12. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn that's why, I'm sus everything about her including her appearance. ._.

And also because of 'jealousy' she made a deal with a demon to make Aisha ( who didn't do anything to her) suffer. That's why I don't really pity that girl, she's really rotten inside. I mean, why would you pity someone who made a deal with a demon to make someone innocent suffer? That's already a red flag.

I'm not really mad at Aisha's former family since I knew that they were brainwashed by Marianne. She's a home wrecker. I feel sad for her former family maybe that's why the author doesn't really want to target the whole family but only the mastermind, which is Marianne. I agree with Lakias, when he told Marianne the fact that they never really love her and all she receive are all lies.

That's reasonable enough for their ending.

Thank you so much for the spoilers!!!! ✨✨

13. sleepykid

sleepykid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bruh- , even though i hate the former fam (b4 knowing they were brainwashed, but now, not anymore), when i read this, it breaks my heart especially knowing how lakias love only Alissa. although we didn't get the kind of revenge that always happen in manhwa (execution / etc) at the very least, her former fam know what they did is wrong, and Aisha now live happily^^ i think when this part of the novel will be illutrated, i would be crying:blobsob: DAMN THAT MARIANNE!! IF SHE DOESN'T EXIST, OUR MC COULD HAVE A BETTER LIFE.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    seekingsnow, Bella94 and Chunin like this.
  14. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro wtf lol :blobjoy:
    He just straight up went to business, he wasn't playing no game

Anyway~
    Can I ask what happens to Arsene in the end?
    Did he also have feelings for MC (previous & current life)? I also heard he's a bit to much (aka crazy) so far I kinda like him

And what was MC new brothers reaction when he found out she's an reincarnation?

Also thank you so much for these spoilers it helps alot

seekingsnow and Volublekoala965 like this.
  15. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ****Editing past blurbs on spoiler threads and labeling as discussion for anyone who wants to skip to spoilers

my biggest fear is like
    adopting a child and finding out later on that they like killing dogs/cats/small animals for fun

I fully believe that Marianne had agency over her actions in wanting to kill Alissa, it's unfortunate but there are times when children are capable of murdering someone
    This is just for fun, I don't actually know how relevant or useful this is right now in today's law reinforcement

According to wiki, Dark Triad is comprised of:
    • Narcissism: characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy
      • Marianne's belief that the kindness, care, and love from Alissa's family should be directed towards her. She "deserves" this more than Alissa does and she is "worthy" of it
      • Despite experiencing being treated like an outcast by the family, she doesn't hesitate to mentally swap places w/ Alissa and subjecting her to false memories of isolation and alienation to claim her "rightful" place even though Alissa treated her like a real sister
    • Machiavellianism: characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, an absence of morality, unemotional callousness, and a higher level of self interest
      • Summoning a demon to help carry out her will
      • Marianne's brainwashing of entire Edenbell royal family
      • coordinating a fake poisoning attempt on her life and implicating Alissa for it
      • encouraging family to bestow cruel torture on Alissa's death before her execution
      • attempting to poison Isis and Aisha
    • Psychopathy: characterized by continuous antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callous and unemotional traits (CU), and remorselessness
      • Feeling entitled to Lakias's attention and treating him like an object she can possess
      • Having no remorse on attempting to poison Isis and Aisha, feeling disappointed when Lakias reports to her that the attempt was unsuccessful and laughing(?)

Unrelated but sort of related disturbing storytime from IRL experience
    This still haunts me from time to time.... It happened a few years ago when my friend's boyfriend invited his two friends over to the city I was currently living in at the time. One of his friends, which I'll refer to as F1 for Friend 1, was on break at the time and had been accepted to a PhD program at an ivy in the city (his level of education matters to some degree in the story) so the trip served both as a vacation and as prep for his entry into the program. Friend's BF decided to schedule a trip to a museum since both of his friends wanted to go sightseeing and we went as a group of 5 or 6 people. At the end of the trip, we were taking a break and deciding what to do next when F1 impromptu launched into a story about his father. I don't exactly remember why he started talking about him but it was pretty sudden and all of us expected the story to have some relation to the museum we had just visited.

So F1 was attempting to tell a lighthearted / light humor story but the story derailed at some point. F1 starts giving a minor background on his childhood: he had a strict upbringing as a 2nd gen raised by 1st gen immigrant parents. His parents struggled a lot in the beginning and overcame many obstacles to give him a comfortable life they didn't have growing up. Because F1 has access to resources his parents didn't have at his age, his father rationalized that F1 should achieve more than what he has in his lifetime as someone who started from the bottom and sacrificed a lot to get to a point of his career where he had power (if I remember correctly, F1's father is a professor at a university w/ multiple postgrad degrees).

As a result, his father was particularly strict on him and raised him to be "perfect", unhesitatingly resorting to corporal punishment, which he believed in akin to a devout follower of a religion, for trivial mistakes any developing child would make. F1 couldn't handle it - his default personality as a child was someone who was quiet, unassuming, and unassertive (he still is like that); their incompatible personalities clashed and made it impossible for them to have a relationship as long as the father remained an authoritarian figure.
    One day, F1 found a litter of kittens and their dead mother. The kittens were struggling and fairly weak, it was evident they wouldn't last any longer if they didn't receive urgent care. Based on the circumstances, he made the decision to take them home, asking his mother for permission to take them in temporarily. Thanks to F1's care the kittens regained their health over time, though they were still fairly weak, and he was happy w/ the results. Unbeknownst to F1, his father wasn't happy w/ the kittens occupying the same space as him as he didn't like animals.

A couple of days pass and F1 comes home from school just like any other day and he gets back home to see his father indiscriminately picking up the kittens from the floor....and dropping them from standing height....while laughing. He thought it was fun. His father is not particularly tall, the man is of average height, but the kittens were still in a weakened state and couldn't endure the fall as well as a normal cat would by using their cat reflexes to absorb the shock of the fall. F1 is shocked. Because they never raised any pets at home, F1 never got the chance to see how his father would interact w/ them. F1 freaks out, runs into the room, and starts punching his father to get him to stop dropping the kittens. The father acquiesced and made some weird excuse about how he was just "playing" w/ them but the damage had already been done, a few kittens died shortly after the incident. F1 never got an apology from his father to this day and it's considered taboo to even mention what his father did that day.
    No one knew how to react to this bombshell lol. I think I blurted out something about how his father may be a psychopath and potentially shows signs of antisocial personality disorder from shock b/c it was just dead silence in the friend group. What I didn't expect was F1 to yell at me for saying "disparaging" things about his father. F1 defended his father and said "he is admirable and very smart, though he doesn't talk much and is not one to show affection, I don't think he is a terrible person despite having done those things". BUT BRUH, A VERY SMART PERSON WHO IS CRUEL TO CHILDREN, GETS OFF FROM SEEING SMALL ANIMALS SUFFERING, IS UNABLE TO SHOW FEELINGS AND CAN'T MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS W/ PEOPLE (father has no friends, just colleagues) ARE ALL RED FLAGS.
    It wasn't until I read "The reason why Ophelia can't get away from the duke" did I have a better understanding of F1. The MC still loved her mom, despite her mom's penchant of killing off men, b/c MC was isolated and didn't have anyone else to rely on so her mind (from my understanding) developed a coping mechanism of rationalizing her mom's actions by balancing it w/ her mom's "love" & devotion to MC and consistent, reliable presence in MC's life (mom could've just abandoned her but didn't).

My guess is F1 thinks his father has made a lot of personal sacrifices for F1 and financially supported him w/o complaint, so it sort of makes up for the physical abuse he experienced....and the kittens incident. While I'm disturbed I can't really blame him for mentally blocking the incident b/c it seems like he still doesn't know how to emotionally work through the issue and his academic obligations prevented him from having the time to seek mental professional help. Also, culturally his family doesn't believe that mental health can affect someone's physical health and thinks depression or etc. is just people being whiny or making it up -_-

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  16. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the novel really complete? Same for the side stories or so.. For anyone who also read and finished the story in kakao or ridi... really, no wedding? Or is there more for side stories?

17. Noialcinoi

Noialcinoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soooo from what I understood the family were actually neglecting Marianne ?

18. sleepykid

sleepykid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys, i've been thinking, the reason Marianne brainwashed her family becuz she is jealous of Alissa right? she was treated like an outcast, but why tho? why she was treated like an outcast? :blobconfused::blobconfused: just curious cuz when a kid was treated like trash, then its logical for her/him to be either having low self esteem or wanting to get attention by doing horrible things right...?

Cooco and Veille like this.
  19. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I saw on the thread that the knight is the ML but he dies I think? So who ends up with MC? Or does she end up single? I initially thought that the spirit king is the ML because of the review and cuz he's on the cover :blobthinkingsmirk: