An Average Young Man Found Some Web Novels with Ridiculously Long Title while Browsing Novel Updates

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by InitialA, Sep 14, 2021.

1. InitialA

InitialA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    InitialA, a man with not much braincells left, was in danger. He liked to read web novels in his free time, but he had a rare condition of losing his braincells everytime he saw ridiculously long novel title. One day, something happened when he was browsing NovelUpdates...

"Guhaaaaaaack?!", his braincells took some damage.

"What the heck is this?!"

"And this?!"

"And this one too?!"

"Ugh, there's still more?!"

Because of that, his brain became small. It no work good anymore. Can he survive the onslaught of novels with ridiculously long title for another day? Will he have enough braincells left for him to still be able to read web novels? Only time will tell.

Joospinch likes this.
  2. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    The second one is poorly machine translated. In Japanese, the term for "Jack-of-all-trades" is "kiyoubinbou", which is translated literally as "skilled poor(man)" but which some translation engines divide into "dexterity (skill)" and "poor", rendering it as "poor dexterity" (which is the exact opposite). The summary, when properly translated, makes for an average story with some potental to become above average, but the fact that no one has tried ever to correct the title and summary other than me, and that my correction has been scrapped, makes me completely unwilling to give it a try.

The main reason behind the extremely long titles (besides some measure of chuunibyou in some cases) is to avoid having hundreds of novels with similar titles (or the exact same).

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you listed are not mere titles but the webnovels themselves, in a nutshell. So it necessarily follows that reading webnovels is the true cause behind the annihilation of your braincells— those very braincells you're so eager to preserve in order to be able to read more webnovels. :blobdizzy:

If you're still unable to understand what I said, then your brain is already a lost cause.

4. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This post made me wonder about the shortest title on NU, so I had a quick look.
    So far, taking alternate titles into account, the shortest I got is EC.

Also, don't look up 1069. Just don't.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome to ridiculous long title~ from Japan~ lol~ be it normal or hentai some title really look like a summary~ some on oneshot story so kinda funny when read the description~

by random cat who suffered from mtl~

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/f/ perhaps? The alts are just volume titles which aint the series title

Baldingere likes this.
  7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting that both the longest and shortest titles are JP novels XD

8. Joospinch

Joospinch Don't click my avatar!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks interesting, my curiosity got a hold of me and made me look up 1069:cry: