Spoiler THE LOVE KING AND HIS ORNAMENTAL WIFE

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Apr 21, 2021.

1. sakuchwan

sakuchwan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm re-skimming and from what I can tell past life MC's behavior somehow contributed to some past trauma he has. I still don't exactly like the CP as a ML either but I doubt thats gonna change.

So MC has lost her memories and ends up at the house of the "villianess" of the second part of the game. Her name is Bianca and is the daughter of Marquis Werner. MC is now officially in the kingdom of Manheim. MC ends up becoming a maid and goes by the name Chris. She's kind of sad a lot of the time since she misses her parents and brother but she keeps herself busy being a maid and friend to Bianca. Bianca's parents really like MC and they're also very kind to her. At the same time Monica, the previous OG!heroine also ends up in Manheim after running away. She ends up being picked up by a little boy who wasn't scared of her appearance. She becomes a maid to the little boy and she actually grows as a person and learns how to be kind. She does end up getting her old face back since her heart was no longer ugly. The boy she served was the younger brother to one of the other girls named Corinna who has a "downfall" because of the OG!heroine of the sequel. (Corinna is also the fiancée of the head knight who serves the prince)

Everyone gets invited to a tea party hosted by the queen. We learn that Bianca is the fiancée to crown prince Ferdinand, the brother of Siegberd. Of course the heroine Yulia is reincarnated and thinks the world revolves around her. She has been spreading rumors about being bullied by Bianca, Corinna and the other girls. Ferdinand and knight guy are wrapped around her finger and she tries to start the downfall by calling the girls out. Yulia specifically targets Bianca by saying how can Ferdinand be engaged to someone so evil and Corina by saying she's a terrible person for abandoning her younger brother. Monica actually speaks up and debunks every single one of Yulia's lies. Monica also berates the knight and Ferdinand for believing Yulia without even fact checking. Corinna tells the knight she can't marry someone like him who just believes whatever he's told and says she wants to break off the engagement. He starts apologizing but stands her ground :blobpopcorn_cool:. Bianca was about to leave with it being understood she would cancel her engagement too but Ferdinand stops her. He apologized and asked if they could speak, Bianca says yes. Before they speak however Ferdinand tells Yulia to apologize for lying. She of course puts up a fight and says she thought he had feelings for her from how he smiles at her. Ferdinand did not miss a beat and replied "I smile at everyone" Yulia makes her in no way serious apology and Bianca and Ferdinand confirm their feelings for eachother. Siegberd was also there in the background which means our CP was also there as well. When Yulian runs off muttering to herself CP overhears her realizes she's reincarnated too. This means she will also be a target. CP then goes to where MC is and tries asking for her name but of course MC answers with her new name and not the old one. Hilariously enough when everyone else leaves the tea and just the princes and MC's brother are left, their suspicions are confirmed when they taste the cookies that were there and of course it was MC who made them.
    I'll once again continue with the aftermath of what happened later:blobReach: I probably skimmed over some information so if you have any specific questions I can try answering

Scapezz, lan2001h, gracecfe and 38 others like this.
  2. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, the plot of the Crown Prince (aka ML) is a heavy one that involves child abuse. He originally liked his fiance, but a maid or his nanny (can't recall) abused him and imprinted on him a severe trauma that latter was remembered of it because of the gaudy way his fiance behaves.

Unfortunatelly, child abuse is a problem that exist not only on fantasy stories, but also in real life, and the child that suffers that kind of abuse tends to become into a promiscous adult (both male and female) and that was what happened to the ML in the original plot.

That is a very very sad thing if you think that that is something that actually happens to boys and girls in real life and this story kinda tries to show that love can actually help to resolve that trauma and help the victim to heal and become a better person.

I can't be that mad to ML after realize his circumstances and I like he could overcome his trouble in the story. I'm curious how would feel the people who could identify themselves with ML (both male and female adults) and see a way to heal themselves.

3. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    without subtracting from the fact that child abuse and assault is a very serious thing, i think it's also important to note that there are so many stories out there which rely on the (usually female) main character being sympathetic and unconditionally loving to the (usually male) 'broken' character to 'rescue' them. and this is unhealthy because any boundaries established are broken simply by virtue of the 'broken' character being 'broken'. like, it's good to remember to have empathy and understand where people are coming from, but two wrongs don't make a right and their past trauma does not cancel out the new trauma that they're inflicting. (plus on a meta level it's just a rehash of the 'i can fix him' troupe that just portrays women in the role of caregivers and having the duty to forgive or empathise)

even if we take the premise that oh what the 'broken' character did in the past is in the past, and they're different now, that doesn't erase the trauma that has been felt and is still remembered by the main character. like, there's never a clear cut line - it might be unfair to the 'broken' character, but it doesn't mean that the victim/main character's options should only be limited to either taking revenge or (more commonly) forgiving the 'broken' character fully and committing to them. idk it just feels like a cop-out to rely on the reincarnation/alt timeline trope, yknow? i wish the main character's growth extended beyond their love interests and went into setting proper boundaries for themselves and starting afresh entirely. like, forgiveness and redemption arcs in stories shouldn't be all or nothing - there can be varying degrees of it.

this also ties in with the whole troupe of the 'broken' character being like oh but i'm good now, i'm different from what you experienced of me in the past, i'm actively pursuing you now, and even though you seem to be kind of wary against me let me show you my love. like, that's just pushy and incredibly entitled. people can distrust others for no logical reason, let alone dislike people or simply not want to be in a relationship.

4. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly why I prefer Jayna's choice from Angelic Lady and Claire's from unOrdinary because those are simply far more realistic. Trauma is, after all, not something that can be easily be forgotten or treated.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  5. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I don't think the trauma and broken past justified the ML in this case... first of all, the FL gaudy appareance was just her way to appeal to him, if the ML took the effort to speak with her and tell her honestly "sorry your style really make me uncomfotable, if you are sincerely trying to pursue me please tone it down", least the FL was insane she would have changed it and act in a manner that wouldn't trigger him. Second no one forced the prince to marry her. If he wasn't going to love her at all cause trauma he could have at least refrain her on living as a ornamental queen, that is just malice, was he projecting his trauma on her and venting his hate and getting revenge through her or something? the situation was completely forced just for the setting. In the end this novel can be summarized in: the ML love her because she is japanese now LOL
    and please stop comparing it with abandoned empress the ML situation is completely different: AE ML was driven completely mad and insane because cospiration by nobles even using drugs, that he couldn't manage to even think rationality, we know because he even driven to death his so supposed love of his life heroine (and she come back to the past to have revenge on him) he was forced to marry the MC and for as shitty they were at least he had personal reasons to hate her instead of some indirect resentment that didn't even involve the MC herself in the first place as in this novel ( really if your trauma is gaudy look just speak up about! the CP didn't even need to expose that was because trauma but just saying he absolutely despite it!), second the change in his personality in the second turn derived by a change of enviroment from childhood so he really had grow up as a different person and even accepted his future self fault without forcing the MC to accept his love, he started only when MC was comfortable staying in his presence. You really can't compare him with this stupid and selfish novel ML.

6. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know how she died in 1st timeline?

7. Ange-lz

Ange-lz New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't really know but i have a theory ok so she remembered her memories when she fell beside the crown prince so maybe she died because the crown prince pushed her and boom dead but that's just theory

8. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is honestly perfect. Stories are always riding on this “oh they’re broken” trope but a majority of the time a lot that happens didn’t need to happen if only someone said what they’re re thinking. In the love king’s case, he needed to say something. Wth he knows how much she loves him would it have been so hard to ask her to wear a little less makeup. We already know MC didn’t wear that much cuz she was comfortable with it so it would have been a win/win for everyone. Novels do this a lot they’ll take something what can be discussed and solved in five paragraphs and span it for fifty chapters and that’s just infuriating. It takes away the substance of the characters by really whittling down the reason why they fall in love with who they fall in love with not to mention the audience is just screaming logic at them from beyond the fourth wall. We see MC wasn’t a bad person before she got the memories of her past life back, the story literally says she goes on to be a righteous queen if the og heroine doesn’t choose the prince. That leaves me thinking the prince could have had a decent relationship with her if only they had a bloody conversation. I’m not throwing his trauma to the side or anything like that but I really can’t stand giving him a free pass on account of it. ML from abandoned empress really had a shocking comeback as a ML (I still love allendis more tho. My personal bias) but the aristocratic faction was playing that boy like a car with a ball of yarn, so the audience is more then tempted to give him a little leeway. The love king tho snowballed a whole ass catastrophe because one person managed to sneak past the barrier of his trauma and I hate when this is done in stories because I expect better mental and emotional fortitude from someone about to rule a whole nation. He had no reason to misunderstand his fiancé, she was also trying her best to make their relationship work however she could and she becomes a empty shell of a queen because of it

But for real tho anymore spoilers?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Enmea, gracecfe, FunSmiles and 4 others like this.
  9. Pipi1989

Pipi1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would anyone be interested if I were to pick this up for a translation? Wanted to get people's thoughts as the rest of the series is actually quite good

10. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PLEASE DO

blacknevar likes this.
  11. BellaReader

BellaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, please!

12. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers anyone ?

13. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are most certainly right. I have known people who have been abused and their past memories could be easily triggered. At least one considered suicide.

The first part, or dream, is what the game was. Everything else was after she woke up after dying in the modern world. I am not sure, but it seems people are forgetting that part and it has them a bit confused. I know I may be wrong.

14. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate this story but not for the usual reasons. I don't mind that the story portrays his trauma and how he gets triggered by the MC. What makes no sense is that he is very disrespectful and also, it makes no sense that his trauma is only triggered by the MC. He could have asked the MC (in the first timeline or original story or whatever) to reduce her use of perfume because it bothers him or he could have said that her makeup bothers him. She would have been hurt, sure, but no where near as hurt at him never getting near her for over 20 years and having multiple concubines and kids....which brings me to my original comment about his trauma triggers being bizarre. I don't mean makeup and perfume, that is fine but are yiu telling me that he has 10 concubines and lovers and none of them wear makeup or perfume? You telling me, amongst everyone around him that he tolerates perfectly, the MC is the only trigger???? That makes 0 sense. It's not like he was raped by MC's mom and their resemblance triggers him...

Also, I don't like how the romance is handled. I'm glad the author included on multiple occasions that the MC liked him as a person for very long snd wasn't solely attracted to his physical appearance but how he became attracted to her is very bland. She baked one night with makeup off and BAM! He went from despising her to being in love. How very shallow and boring.

The overall story gets 2/10 from me

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    Elisee, Naenia, Rinfantasy and 7 others like this.
  15. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    The author definitely needed to attend writting lessons. The plot of this novel seems really off, in other terms.....BADLY WRITTEN NOVEL.

This whole plot is like messy, if you guys know what I mean and all these "make ups and perfumes makes women a wh0r3" please that's the worse stereotype

Elisee and Enmea like this.
  16. sakuchwan

sakuchwan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story honestly slipped my mind but I caught to the most recent chapter so here you go

CP meets and talks to MC while she struggles to remember who she is. Lots of talking happens as she slowly fills in the pieces but still has gaps in her memory involving any interaction with CP outside of what she knows from the game. CP tells her why he treated her so terribly and she of course forgives him cause of his trauma though he at least apologized. Monica shows up too and they talk about the whole kidnapping. Yulia cant keep her mouth shut and the someone who works for the Duke who kidnapped MC now knows that on top of MC, Monica is also a reincarnater. More talking happens and they (Both princes and MC) confront the Duke who planned everything with him of course denying it saying someone was out to get him cause he was so powerful (sure buddy). Neither prince believes his obvious lies and says there's no proof the noble he supposedly had kidnapped even exists. MC speaks up and introduces herself as the kidnapped noble and the chapter ends.

Naenia, Lucila, BellaReader and 3 others like this.
  17. Naenia

Naenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You will be surprised with what the author will do

If that trash in the cover, guarantee 99 % mc will end up with that trash

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    Elisee, Enmea and Naenia like this.