Spoiler I'm a Wolf, but I Won't Harm You

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lilacforyou99, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ****Editing past blurbs on spoiler threads and labeling as discussion for anyone who wants to skip to spoilers
    Ofc, I am complaining w/ the hindsight bias of an adult. I don't quite remember what I was like as a teenager but I'm pretty sure I was also a bad communicator. I agree that he is projecting his thoughts onto her, just like anyone, when they're trying to deal w/ a situation. The problem w/ his method is that it is basically an all-or-nothing approach that ends w/ someone either fiercely trying to vie for their attention or distancing themselves completely; idk, it's just weird that it didn't seem like he considered diff. outcomes.

Yeah actually, someone Roman-ed me last year (but sadly much older) and I was confused why they were doing b/c it didn't make me want to compete w/ the "other woman", it ended up leaving a bad impression and reaffirming my belief that they were immature and bad at conflict resolution. My reaction was pretty similar to Lucy, I was annoyed I was being treated this way and ultimately decided to make a clean break from that person b/c of early indicators that they would play more mind games if I continued to be in contact w/ them, even as friends. I "gave up" b/c it seemed messy and I wasn't interested in being a dramatic love triangle - it lasted <2 wks. I am not sure how I would've dealt w/ it as a teenager but I'm glad that I accumulated enough lessons from life experience to be able to recognize & avoid red flags.
    Anyways, Roman may have his own struggles and while his age and inexperience contributed to his poor decision making skills, it doesn't change the fact that it was a terrible choice to do that to someone. I'm in no way saying he's a POS or trash (too harsh), I'm just pointing out that it seemed strange he didn't factor the risks and consequences to his behavior, even if he is a dumb teen. If it's a delicate situation where something major is riding on his choice (Lucy's feelings), it's only natural to envision diff positive + negative outcomes, one negative being that he ends up inadvertently hurting Lucy to the point that she'd go no contact on him. I'm not sure if this is an adult way of thinking? I can't really remember the extent of my stupidity at that age so I'd have to consult a teenager.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  2. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    This is totally an adult way of thinking. True, some teenagers are able of it if they somehow matured early, but it's also true that adults in age would still have a teenager mindset if they have been kept sheltered.

Ariary, dini46, DOHere and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sleepymiaow

Sleepymiaow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite agree with your opinion that the ML is only a teenager who can't think straight and with a spice of advice from his dumb and narrow minded brother, voila a recipe for disaster. But still I disagree with his behaviour ghosting, being passive aggressive with the FL, he's the one person who should know how it feels to be heart broken and how it feels being toyed by your own feelings (he knows that the FL missed him so and he still treats her like that :blobconfused:
    )

lucalrrig, Nixie008, Ariary and 3 others like this.
  4. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk maybe I've matured very early but his behavior is definitely like a child. A man child. I'm a teen and God if I were to act like that, idk what to do. Though it's understandable that his like that since his naive and believe what his stupid brother said. BUT, that doesn't justify anything he did. They're already grown, but my dude is still a man child.

Anyways, I read in manga*o that the fl will confess but said "I loveD you." To the ml and now the ml is the one chasing her and deeply regrets it. IS THIS TRUE???? PLS I HOPE ITS TRUE. And did the ml rlly date/hook up with other girls or was it just to make the fl jealous and he didn't love any of those girls?

lucalrrig and Le_Tired like this.
  5. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the previous spoilers, thanks to the snake friend who knows what wolfie boy is doing, he advised her to tell him that. So yes, she did tell him "I loveD you".

I doubt he really hooked up with anyone besides the FL considering their family curse...

Le_Tired and its0k like this.
  6. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so what she said wasn't true then? So she still likes him? Hell nahhh. Man I really thought she had a change of heart and decided to give up and focus on other important stuff and be a badass fl. Don't tell me she's gonna forgive him right away if he confesses and apologizes. PLS NO :blobconfounded: I hope someone gives more spoilers.

7. Snacks and a Novel

Snacks and a Novel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read ch. 30 of the comic. That's a lot of blood. Can someone spoil who finds her? Please? Our poor little sheep needs some help asap.:blob_teary:

8. NaoRui04

NaoRui04 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Sorry not spoiler, just my opinion]
    Reading the spoilers made me thought if this was real life it would be considered as mental torture. Whereas the FL would start to have separation anxiety, she would be an enemy to her own self for her doubts and pain. She would want to give up everything as she is already empty without him. It would be more extreme as much as she loves him. Just because of his way to get her attention. Yes ML felt pain and yes the FL was stupid but ML never asked her anything and FL never had a friend before so it's understandable that she doesn't know if her feeling is love or not. ML is already expecting a lot from her either way. He expect her to understand and expects her to know the difference. While she only have one expectation of him that's for him to wag his tail. She enduring pain all the time and that all she ask from the ML. TO ENJOY THE TIME WITH HER.

If I were to write a fanfic about this, it would litterally end like
    after FL is too hurt by the Roman she will be comforted by another male and they become friends and she starts to smile as she used to with Roman and seeing that ML is jealous and what so. Later on FL is distancing herself from the ML. Roman confronts her about it but she doesn't reply at all. And during the semester break she goes back home to see her family and the ML goes back too. And they both attend the social gathering like they used to. She doesn't give him the time of the night and when she is about leave with her family. The ML stops her with his two brother at the back. ML trying to talk to her but she started confronting himself instead " Roman, I don't want to see you anymore, I loved you but I no longer see a future with you as friends or lover. When I see you all I feel is pain and the knives you threw at me. I am grateful that you were my first friend but I really regret meeting you. Good bye".
    This is when the ML and his brother regretted everything.
    She doesn't end up with anyone and happy alone with the people who loved her.
    ^ not spoilers, my fantasy T.T

9. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    DF393FAA-A936-4F62-A78D-673518C767A9.jpeg

I swear if I wear MC I will be mad at him not smiling ಠ_ಠ

syofiaa, JimmyFalcon and Le_Tired like this.
  10. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Authors can really pull any shit by using the "curse" excuse. At some point, readers started noting that emotional abuse and manipulation doesn't equal love so authors who don't want to portray healthy relationships just use the excuse "oh no he is just cursed and he is an animal that's why this shit is fine".

Don't get me wrong, I read some gruesome dark stuff and enjoy it but I as the reader know that the author isn't trying to disguise it. It's messed up and we all acknowledge that fact.

The thing that is wrong with this story is that it starts out cute and normal and the author lures us in with the fluffiness of the ML then pulls the most manipulative shit ever. Lest we forget, here's what our wonderful ML done so far (God knows what else is to come):

- He distanced himself from the MC which is fine but hear this: the second the MCs tarts finding her path and doesn't try to contact him anymore, he shows up at her school. Mind you this is definitely not a school known for great academic performance. He is 100% here because she is here. This is basic emotional manipulation 101: I get to ignore you, you do to get do that to ME.

- Just when you think that maybe just maybe he showed up to get closer to het and become close again, he ignores her and keeps canceling plans with her on purpose to make her jealous.

- oh, let's not forget the worst thing he did as soon as he showed up: he MARKED her WITHOUT her consent. She didn't even know what happened. He made her smell like him to make guys stay away and she didn't even know about it let alone agree to it.

- then, he kept telling her that her friends will get together and leave her alone and she'll have no one. Fight me, is this guy not a master manipulator???

- In the most recent incident in the manhwa, he broke her window in the middle of the night. So the dude doesn't show up or start a conversation with her during the day but just shows up like a maniac stalker and does this shit???

Honestly, I've seen worse MLs but this guy is the most mental one because it feels like the author isn't aware of how creepy this stuff is and keeps the curse excuse just in case people complain about how messed up all this is.

These days all stories have some kind of curse and it's the worst. It's like the equivalent of "memory loss" in drama. Just lazy writing. You want to have an abusive father who tries to kill his baby? Curse! You want to make a gorgeous ML but make a stupid excuse about how he sees himself ugly and can't show his face to others? Curse!! Sigh....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  11. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol bet this is would hilarious

Nixie008 likes this.
  12. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    *discussion about Roman's misdeeds that may contain spoilers up to early 30s of manhwa chapters

I'm laughing so hard that my fingers are trembling while I'm trying to type b/c I agree w/ all of the above. You made so many good points and if anyone happened to skip akera93's post, go back and read then REREAD it again!!

I underlined & bolded this b/c it's so important tbh

I don't know the rules of their world b/c the world building around their biological makeup is pretty lax and ambiguous (how did they evolve? does being a descendant of a particular animal means you adopt some of their instinctive traits?) but this has to be the most physically invasive, non consensual thing ML did to MC if we're going by their world's social etiquette.

Assuming how they divide the world into "carnivores vs. herbivores", how it was a big deal that there was a sheep hidden in MC's family lineage, and how Khalid was weirded out that ML marked MC, their quasi human-quasi animal genetic traits seems to play a big role in their society.

Marking, to my understanding from the manhwa, is shown to be an intimate act between lovers that needs communication and mutual understanding before it's done and MC & ML did not have any of that.....

Yeah lmao he's trying to alienate her from her newfound friends and isolate her so she becomes more increasingly reliant on him and make more of an effort to seek him out. Authors write possessive MLs to "love" their FLs to an intense level of borderline obsession and I wonder how they expect their readers to react? Do they want:

" *swoon* he's so creepy (oh well he can't help it b/c of curse!) but it's kind of cute he likes her so much that he transfers out of his school to follow her"

Idek at this point

I don't know what he's trying to do he's so messy. He wants her to constantly miss him and yearn for him by staying away from her b/c he's so "busy", while also *coincidentally* appearing in places she happens to be at, but he's also afraid of being forgotten after hiding in the periphery for too long so he goes out of his way to remind her that he's constantly unavailable and leaves traces of him in her everyday life (ex. notes)?

"The more you can't have something, the more you want it" logic doesn't apply to everyone....

I wish there was a 2nd ML that Lucy ends up spending more time w/ so Roman learns what it feels like to experience karma

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  13. Lumella14

Lumella14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, as much I like reading drama webtoons, this is prolly one of the most infuriating development I've read as of recent.

Not gonna lie. ML is being an ass to our FL, and his recent actions doesn't excuse him either. They're both teenagers, and ML is coming too strong to our Lucy who's just learning this concept of romantic love.

It doesn't help Roman has one of them as his family...
    His 2nd brother, Harold Baskerville, has murky love life.

He's a trainwreck too. He fell in love to his polar bear childhhood friend, Rohannes, whom he had been bullying since he was young. When he realized he fell in love with her, he found the whole idea so terrible, he cried many nights for it LOL :blobsweat:

In short, he's the kind of person who doesn't know how to treat the person they care in a more welcoming manner. And the fact that Roman has brother like him... what a terrible idea :facepalm::blobhero::blobflag:

He's basically digging his own grave at this point :blobpopcorn_cool:

So yeah, I can't wait for the I'm-ready-to-move-on confession scene from Lucy. It's just the perfect slap to the ML, if you ask me

(Edit: I stand corrected so I quickly fixed this to give info of the family instead. Sorry to those who have read this part! Edited the ToC too)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  14. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I just bought the 2nd volume and read the part where Lucy tells Roman she loved him.
    I mtl'd ch9 but I'm pretty sure I lost a significant amount of braincells during the process.The one who advised Roman to play these treacherous mind games is not the 2nd brother, it's actually the 1st brother Alex, the one "who looks like he has it together" and recently got married during the time of Roman and Lucy's separation. It actually makes sense now why Roman listened to this sh**ty advice. His whole thought process the entire time was "well Alex is the one who is married, not Harold, this is why I should listen to him".

Also, Roman is very dramatic and cringey....
    Idk if it was shown in the manhwa but when Roman ran away from Lucy while Lucy was trying to tell him she was moving schools, he leaves the park right away, immediately calls a taxi, sobs in the taxi, and goes home and holds a shotgun to his head while whiny crying. His brothers are like??? and had to restrain him while listening to him crying about how his life has no meaning w/o Lucy....

While Roman is emotionally vulnerable, Alex whispers sweet-nothings to him about how he can fix their relationship
    Alex is crazy manipulative. I don't mean to whitewash Roman's actions b/c he is definitely responsible for listening to Alex, but if you think about it, Roman is the youngest out of three siblings, his mom is not in the picture while his dad hates him. He doesn't have any close friends other than Lucy and his brothers so he is socially inept. He is also very innocent and naive compared to his brothers. Roman is, of course, wrong, but he's being raised by this a**hole older brother.

Alex is the oldest and the one who is responsible for their estate and family and should set a good example for his brothers, but he:
    • tells Roman to ignore Lucy b/c "love is war"
    • burns Lucy's letters
    • confines Roman to his room until Roman moves to Lucy's school
    • confiscates Roman's cell phone
    • bans him from meeting / replying to Lucy.
    He tells Roman that to make Lucy want him, she must hurt the same way he was hurt so she understands what it's like to lose him. Alex is afraid that if he lets Roman out of his sight, he will come back to Lucy and beg her to love him (which is what ends up happening anyways....)

?????

Roman will get what's coming to him though. During their break, Louis (MC's brother) freaked out over their relationship and made it known to Roman he dislikes him. Roman is afraid of Louis and would rather face Alex lol....
    Now enjoy Louis asking Roman hard hitting questions Roman doesn't have the answer to:

“So, everything that made my sister cry for three months before going to school is a misunderstanding?”

“… … .”

“How many misunderstandings occur between people in life? Do you intend to make your sister cry whenever a misunderstanding arises in the future?”

It was a conversation where you could tell that you came out with a purpose.

'I am a sinner.'

Roman, speechless on this matter, swallowed dry saliva.

“Actually, we weren’t dating at the time. If there is a misunderstanding between friends, they cut off contact unilaterally, but what if they are lovers?”

“… … .”

“I was very surprised because my older sister is not the type to be easy on people. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone cling to someone like that.”

“… … .”

“Why didn’t you contact my sister? Are you busy?”

how can i say At that time, he went insane and nearly punctured his head with a gun, and was put under house arrest for that crime?

'Ahhh… … .'

At that time, the cell phone was in Alexander Baskerville's tank, so it's hard to say that I couldn't contact you... … What happened was too complicated.

“… … .”

And
    When Roman came home from vacation, both brothers asked him how far they had gotten in his relationship and started talking about how the Leopardis would be against their relationship b/c Roman is a Baskerville. They both then tell Roman to get Lucy pregnant so she won't be able to run away and the Leopardis won't be able to object.... So now we know why Lucy got pregnant before she graduated..... Hopefully it was more of an accident and not Roman actively trying to get her pregnant....I'll read more....

Btw, both brothers thought of the idea, but again, Alex is the one who actually brings it up.

I will post Ch 9 in parts later, I just had to share this b/c it kept me up last night. I really couldn't sleep b/c I was so busy laughing.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  15. Lumella14

Lumella14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy ---- I didn't expect that. You would think it wasn't him at first look.
    Brother Leopardis is ready to put Roman on trial by fire for his actions. He deserves it.

staradorned and Le_Tired like this.
  16. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the manhwa is reaching the part of the story where she tells him she loved him.