Discussion Modern Humor

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hanada, Sep 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So when I was a kid most comedies were tame stuff like fresh prince and full house and even stand ups were mostly swear free but now it's like if you don't make an innuendo or curse in your performance no one would talk about you heck they'll probably make fun or joke about how amateurish you are, why is this happening what's wrong with good old family friendly comedy

2. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanna know how degraded my sense of joke is? I once watch a video about reviewing microwave food, and laugh like an idiot when I saw the bowl rotating in the microwave. Welp

babybb likes this.
  3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Family friendly are family based, alot if not most modern families are broken and there are people out there don't even understand what a family is, because of some politics and movements, it wouldn't be surprising if such shows get called misogynistic or something then gets cancelled for some reason XD

4. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember one time, when my mom was browsing FB. She saw an online seller, she was live broadcasting her products, but no one buy from her. Rather, she becomes popular. She earn money cause many people laugh and was entertained by her.

But I don't like her videos much.

She was hilarious in some ways, cause the way she advertise her products is very special. But the way she talks and her behavior is not my liking. Every sentence she spoke has a cursed words. She smoke and drink in front of the camera and she wore explicit clothinf– not that I mind.

I'll just watch uncle Roger crirized chef cooking fried rice.

5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we live in a society

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Because what is considered except-able as a curse word has changed. Cursing has become more common in every day life.

2) Every word has already become a curse word somehow somewhere. Non-cursewords don't exist anymore.

My reply may seem sensible and civilized, but in reality I have just cursed out you and your entire family. I don't know how myself or what I said, but I am sure it is somehow offensive and full of curses. Cause again, everything is now a curse word these days.

7. Bad Company

Bad Company Crossing the highways of fantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Networks are producing fewer sitcoms for various reasons. A big part are ratings and competition. There were a lot of raunchy movies back then too. For example in the early 80's you had Caddyshack, Porky's, and Airplane!.

8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    this is why I don't watch those comedy shows :blobrofl:

9. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't relate, my country still has that family friendly humour.

10. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like those family shows, you could watch the reruns. Before a new show is developed, people will always ask, why would people watch this instead of a rerun of a famous family-friendly show?

It is hard to do better than an existing show when you follow the same format.

Curse words are used since there is no previous comparison. Soon newer curse words have to be used since the old ones are used already and who would watch a repeat of some other show, only done poorly?

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  11. Oddwaffle

Oddwaffle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you were a kid you were only allowed to watch tame stuff. When you grow up they removed the kids gloves and you realized you were a lot more impressionable when you were a kid.

12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link