Spoiler The Savior's Book Cafe in Another World

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 20, 2020.

1. SammieUy

SammieUy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any spoilers for chapter 17 of the manga? I saw the raws but can't read Japanese. It looks like the new hero is becoming a problem in more ways than one.

Peerly likes this.
  2. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the latest update and saw the raws(17)
    *sigh* its just as we feared, well... only half of it. Youta getting attracted to Tsukina. Though I can't read moon runes but judging from the images alone, I'm happy she told Ill and Bjork (probably. I mean, why else would Ill look so... sullen and annoyed). Gotta give Youta some... leeway because judging from his reaction, the man was unaware Tsukina's taken. Although, the last panels of 17 were... foreboding. Boi, you saved her once, she's grateful, you help her out carrying stuff. At most, the most intimate thing you've done is essentially making her your therapist or some sort.
    PLEASE don't let the guy abuse his authority... Literally Ill is one of the few knights that still respect and understand his reason/viewpoint. Taking the woman of the captain of the knight's is bad

mereumsama, Peerly, kokoro120 and 8 others like this.
  3. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a hunch that they need to reveal Tsukina's the savior who made the barrier so she could kinda use the 'I'm your savior senior' card so the boi could back off, seeing she's also a savior and has been in this new world longer than he has.

But poor Ill, everyone just seems to wanna NTR his relationship after he finally lose his single title at his mid 30's. Let the man get married, have kids, and retire !!

4. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I just went and reread ch.13 again and god mentioned "other countries' Saviors". I wonder if the cloaked person like the theories in comments say, is indeed another savior? But then, why hasn't god warned Tsukina about this again? The way I see it now, the same with the previous savior, he certainly can't meet with the other saviors as opposed to Tsukina whose practically laying low but still... he could still warn her there are saviors he can't seem to sense anymore (if they haven't died yet after all). It still feels odd the enemies are aiming for Tsukina instead of the unknown variable that is Youta (what IS his power at this point? We can at least infer its something offensive)

Peerly and pansikoser like this.
  5. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty certain he is an operative for the one country not given saviors, who wants to get rid of or steal away the countries savior.

Honestly I think the monster drop was a test for new guy, and he knew that new guy was close so dropped a monster in front of a "random" lone woman to see how he would react.

6. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I admit that IS the most plausible but why stumble into Tsukina's cafe afterwards. If said operative had intel or main target was Youta, why be close to the fiancee of the knight's captain?

LePetiteReader and Shizun like this.
  7. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youta obviously has a thing for her, and she is kind of an emotional crutch after his training hunt with the knights. She is likely the person he has the deepest connection to there.

LePetiteReader likes this.
  8. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the spy is testing the new savior and also looking out for the barrier savior. Considering tsukina sells those one time protection pearls. One just has to connect the dots to figure things out.

LePetiteReader and bochucha like this.
  9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saw the raws of ch.18 part 1. Youta actually confronted our leads over something. Don't tell me he didn't take the hint MC was already happily in a relationship AND is engaged? Or did he get sus on MCs specialty on barriers and put two and two together?

10. sakuchwan

sakuchwan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed through and Youta is actually upset with himself since he sees himself as weak and needing more power to be the best "savior" . MC and ML try to console him that he just got there and he shouldn't expect to have a lot of power all at once and from the beginning. He seems pretty adamant though and I can only assume he's about to do something stupid. ML seemingly knows this and when he's contacted he asks for someone to keep watch over Youta. The last line is MC thinking to herself that hopes nothing happens.

mereumsama, Peerly, dini46 and 6 others like this.
  11. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    Superficial spoilers for ch. 19 parts 1 and 2 based of the art
    Part 1: ill and tsukina go to what looks like a winter festival, talk, kiss
    Part 2: stuff happens, monsters begin invading, they meet youta who seems to break tsukina's barrier, monsters dive in

mereumsama, SammieUy, Peerly and 5 others like this.
  12. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    My word! Youta actually broke Tsukina's barrier! Anybody got any context on what creepy unisex person persuaded Youta with, what Bjork talked about with our happy couple before sh*t happened, or what Youta was spouting to our 3 main charas before he officially broke the barrier

mereumsama, SammieUy, Peerly and 2 others like this.
  13. IzeeWeeb

IzeeWeeb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    see bellow
    um, based on previous chapters, it might not be correct but, in a chapter, there was a mention of a guy/girl who was really pretty (the one who used a monster to attack tsukina), I think she/he gave the new savior a magic book so that he can learn barrier or offense magic I dont really know, anyways, when mc and ml went on a date, demons or monsters started attacking and the guy savior tried attacking the monsters and shot something up into the sky using the book from earlier, but apparently it could have broken the barrier tsukina tried to stop him, but it was too late, and demons started to go in the barrier. chapter 19 ends there
    see bellow
    demons come and new savior tried to stop them, but for some reason it didn't work? so tsukina used her barrier magic in front of new guy, and ml's best friend. anyways, the demons died? i think and chapter 20.1 ended there

i couldnt make much out of the raws, so yea, i might not all be correct, sorry.

geckin, tasyaaaa, SammieUy and 11 others like this.
  14. Yukonno

Yukonno Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello i read the manga and it might be late but theres actually a reason!

-well first of all, Saviours are treasured yes but that country was just unfortunate to get that spoiled brat, she didn't even try to learn magic and god knows how much they wanted her to mature and get out but Saviour's are treasured okay.
    -the prince was sadly brainwashed due to the brat's leaking mana and charm magic, so he was braindead in the chapter's.
    -The prince actually willingly took the punishment and even asked for it.
    -Saviour was stabbed because she was incompetent, and it was the prince desicion if memory serves me right.

15. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Slightly minor info on novel ch. 8
    -other than the subjugation (I went and reread the manga), novel ch.8 was essentially Ill's recovery and temporary stay-in at the cafe and has been mostly properly adapted with little changes.
    -Ever since God's visit on ch.6, we have Ill's POV at the end of every chapter showing signs of his eagerness and possessiveness.
    -Bjork STILL has yet to enter the cafe, much less be acquainted with Tsukina. Bjork and Princess while on their brief town date spots Ill and Tsukina while they're buying groceries
    -When Tsukina heals Ill the first time, it was merely enough for him to move his arm and hold stuff at best (so as not to affect his reading). Follow up heals include his fingers later on (so he could have a stronger grip). The last part Tsukina heals before Ill heads back to the castle are his shoulders.
    - After Tsukina actually offers Ill to stay for his recovery (the factors are actually because Ill has been sighing in the double digits), we don't get the "she fell down on the door heavily blushing and thinking I've done it now" like the manga. She immediately heads to the private room to clean up. Funny thing is, one of the spells mentioned this chapter was that Tsukina knows an automatic cleaning spell. Her home actually automatically cleans itself but y'know a girl being in love.
    -Tsukina actually acknowledges her feelings this chapter
    -I think the biggest crime the manga removed/altered was that Tsukina x Ill were openly flirting while Ill was staying over. They have a back and forth of sweet talking. You'd think it was accidental but Ill's POV at the end shows its most likely intentional. Like Tsukina, they're gouging whether the other person is showing interest and how far they can go before the other one croaks. Ex. like the manga, Ill is happy Tsukina wears the hair tie everyday, he touches her hair, the novel goes further and Tsukina gives her reply of how much she enjoys his hands, how it fits perfectly in hers and that she feels secure being protected by these hands (cue heavy blushing Ill). I believe Tsukina even thinks at one point, why should she worry of her age when it comes to love
    - Ill did not give much details on his break, Bjork because he isn't acquainted with Tsukina yet, went to visit Ill's parents to check on him and to his surprise, Ill has not come home once. Ill once again is thankful that mere coincidence of him going a different route led him to Tsukina's cafe.
    - My slight disappointment though is it still wasn't expanded the church's role with the saviors. It was the same with the manga, the ones arguing in the one panel (senior knights vs religious clergy) is the same as the couple of lines in the novel.
    -Ill's I want to see Tsukina flashback on the manga is on his POV this chapter

tasyaaaa, Peerly, elijahavery and 4 others like this.
  16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd half of ch.20 raws are up. Interesting, seems like not only is Tsukina getting a vision from God and having a discussion with him, there was a panel/mention of a level up. Youta the way I see it, I believe barely gets punished (I mean, he gets shocked finding out Tsukina's a savior but we get a probable remedy like panel where I have to assume Tsukina reassures him over something Savior related as the senpai between the two)

Minor add-on, made a mistake on the novel summaries. Ever since Ill is introduced (ch.3), we get his POV every chapter (mostly his feelings going to and from the cafe, odd developing feelings for Tsukina, issues with the savior girl)

mereumsama, geckin, Peerly and 4 others like this.
  17. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh oh the spy found out the MC is the another savior. And spy met with other 2 spies or sth ? And then talked some more later on with mc until was interrupted by ML.

mereumsama, SammieUy and Tt123 like this.
  18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    22 had talks with the other spies but 23 has unidentified gender/acquaintance spy talk with MC in tears, so unless someone spoils what actually happens and what they talked about, I'm inclined to believe they're leaving Rhonya for now

19. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what happened with ch.24?