Discussion strongest JP isekai mc you can think off?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BEritro, Sep 16, 2021.

1. BEritro

BEritro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title as said i only can think three imo so far the ones i read or even did a little reserch or even heard about others these three stands way above others

1) Ruhpas
    2) Yogiri
    3) Rimuru
    anyone else you can think off?

2. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    satou, from death march
    nagumo hajime, arifureta

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there's some law that states no Japanese MC can be stronger than the tsundere who expresses a violent passion for him. :blobpeek:

4. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Yogiri should be on top. I mean, he's so fvcking op that he can kill somebody from other dimensions
    Also, where's Makoto from Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai? Guy's stepping in the realm of Gods.
    Also the guy in Another World with my Smartphone.

5. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to say Tatsuya and Anos, then I remembered they're not from isekai series. Yogiri is from Instant Death, right? yeah, that guy is OP

6. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Yogiri, Rimuru, and Vandalieu for the top spots.

7. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    Yogiri from Instant Death also instantly came to mind as the absolute strongest. AFAIK his power also applies recursively as long as someone has actual killing intent towards him, no matter if they have a method to cheat death.
    Now, if he actually wants someone dead, then there is truly no escape.

8. Dolidza

Dolidza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For female rep there is Yuri from yuri empire who is max level, can do things like calling down a meteor to wipe out an army, becomes a god very early on and has an army of 359 also op and absolutely loyal followers (wives) each of whom has 2 summonable strong monsters.

9. DankMCD

DankMCD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mochizuki Touya, the man's literally a god. I think Kashiwagi Yuuya from Kikanshita Yuusha no Gojitsudan is also strong. Also Nagumo Hajime from Arifureta.

10. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    Strongest JP MC's are
    Vandalieu from "The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time"
    Hajime from "Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou"
    Satou from "Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku"
    There are a few Other, who can 'maybe' have a chance to get the Place of the Strongest JP MC's. But Sadly are there not enough Chapters to see if they get truly OP. The 3 Above MC's are from 2 finished Novels and one with around 250 Chapters, where each Chapter is is almost double of normal Chapters length.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  11. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read at least half a dozen JP novels where the MC literally becomes a god that can create/destroy entire worlds in the time it takes to drink a cup of tea.

I think once you reach that level there's no point in comparing power levels, right? And anyone below that doesn't even need to be considered.

12. dearyabai

dearyabai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yogiri>ruphas> misumi and rimuru

13. Professional_lurker

Professional_lurker [Pro gacha gamer]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... honestly most jp isekai protagonists end up as some kind of op godlike being, so you can't really find out who is the so-called strongest~

14. AnimeKnowAll

AnimeKnowAll Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If u mean in terms of OPness then as some stated above, Yogiri Takatou from Instant Death is definitely is the most OP one ive seen. To be honest gods or MC with godlike-powers dont really hold a candle to him since he can kill them instantly.

15. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    well i do have a female rep in my list thats ruphas but then again she is a gender bend so .....................

16. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strongest in what way?

Killing ability? Yogiri Takatou. The reason for this is that his setting includes tons of parodies of OP isekai characters/tropes, including every Hax power under the sun. Immortality, multiple bodies, regeneration, world eating, time manipulation, being literal divinities, immunity to death effects, etc, etc. Thus, it is canonical that his power to instantly end the existence of anything trumps pretty much any bs ability out there. It's as certain as the other character's author being bribed to write "and then they died".

But in most non-lethal situations Yogiri is pathetic compared to virtually all OP isekai protagonists - if it can't be resolved by ending the existence of something he's only as capable as a regular human.

If you mean both strength and versatility, it's difficult as a lot of Isekai MCs gain broad, deific powers. Only a few of them get both time travel *and* powers that can do basically anything they want in the present, however, so it'd probably be one of those.

-----

A bit off topic, but regarding Ruphas:
    She isn't a gender bend, she deluded herself into thinking she's a transmigrator as part of convoluted, if not unreasonable, scheme to fool the goddess. Her memories of being a male earthling is just a partial copy of the guy we were following in the first chapter - from his perspective nothing happened when he clicked that button and he went on with his life after that. He was an incarnation/avatar of sorts of Ruphas but the Ruphas that we follow from that point on is the real, original Ruphas.

Alas, it'll still get the gender bend tag as this is revealed quite late in the story.

Kaylee likes this.
  17. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats interesting thing to know about ruphas thanks

Btw dude can you answer one question (its a silly one but still) despite this spoiler AWLBA will count as an isekai right?

18. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    This post makes me wonder why I always had the impression that all JP MCs are super weak..... Must be their personality.

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They come from a culture that values respect and obedience or traditions, as opposed to the U.S.A. that values ignorance, arrogance, and no respect for anyone in power.

See Anti-Vax movements, Covid Deniers, Flat-Earthers, Sovereign Citizens, Karens, etc. They are the extreme case yes, but all much worse in the U.S.A. since its culture promotes the idiocy, and lack of education, and values that leads those trains of thought. Making them the extreme no

20. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that's definitely not what I mean. Japanese culture and their traditions are pretty nice and I find quite a few protagonists from anime and manga likeable.... It's just the isekai protagonists that for some reason give off a "pushover" vibe, that's all. And I'm not going to say anything about your random blow on the USA, but I was comparing them to Korean and Chinese protagonists here......