how to have motivation to play game.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Sep 10, 2021.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I have big Gaming desktop and laptop, fast CPU, GPU, ram and all fancy speaker and headsets.
    But I don't seems to play game other than benchmarks. most of game on steam don't even have a hour of play time... …
    PC for me is like, reading novel, writing forums, shit posting, running a few docker containers and browsing chat groups on PC parts and trouble shooting other PCs. Is there a way to get my self motivated to play game? instead of PC component? as PC components are getting to costly as the hobby. Music and audio are even more costly....

2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Search for a game that matches the genre you like (like Fantasy, Martial arts, Racing, Rhythm, etc...), I played some different genres, I like Martial arts based MMORPGs mainly, I try to evade playing them because I don't feel the passing of time while playing and end up wasting alot of time XD

Jojo775 likes this.
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Having a good PC doesn't mean you have to game. You could always waste a tone of time on League of Legends or Counter Strike but I don't recommend it.
    I also lost my appeal for games, single player? Boring but MMORPG's are dangerously addictive, I installed and deleted CS and LoL several times before finally managing to quit that toxic waste of time.
    As a hobby you can try playing an instrument, writing original or fanfiction, editing videos - you do need a good PC for this one.

Singing is free, you can watch youtube tutorials how to control your voice.
    Playing an instrument isn't expensive for beginners, you need to buy the cheapest basic instrument because most people give up, and it's good enough to learn playing.
    Classic guitar only costs 60€, you'd need a few picks and a tuner, that's 15€ more, if you play everday, then new strings in 6 months 15€.
    Again tutorials are free and it's outdated to hire a tutor now anyways, Guitar Pro can teach you how to play your favorite songs, just choose simple ones at first.
    Basic keyboard costs 80€, tutorial book with sheets 10€, optional headphones with mini jack if you don't wanna disturb anyone.
    Beginner instrument can serve you for a couple of years.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    eh~
    its like having supercar or expensive car, motorbike just to own it~ there also type who enjoy modify car or maybe computer cuz they like it and have lil to zero interest toward the software aspect beside troubleshooting so no need to feel ya play game cuz you have hardware to play it~

video game is entertainment, this cat like game but refrain to gain even game console cuz its not priority on list~ having it at this point for this cat at level self satisfaction stuff~ having it is good but not having it also ok nothing really change~

to play game longer you need to find the game you really like and enjoy playing it~ sometimes it not even require full gaming PC at all~ there game that need PC game spec to play and some love it~

by lazy cat that play bunch of hentai game, gba emulator game, and other type for tens if not hundreds of hour of gameplay~

5. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    true, I do have instruments at home, cause I brought damaged instruments online and repaired them. Maybe I could try play those.
    Isn't hobbies like novels, anime, and gaming suppose to be wasting your times? As for translation, the comment section of translation is just too horrifying for me. I do translate about 3 series and about 50 over chapters together but most of comment are asking me to drop the translation and they prefers MTL.
    Screenshot_20210910_202625_com.opera.browser.png
    Yeah, I used to translate to be a power in the shadows.

Maybe there are more expensive hobbies out there. Well the cost of playing with electronics is not that high unless you think back and back track your spending, especially the audio parts especially the audio.

Jojo775 likes this.
  6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    The best hobby is a productive one. Nothing wrong with playing games, though there are definitely better hobbies.
    There's a difference between games you complete and those MMORPG's that addict you to wasting an everday an entire day on them, without completing anything.
    It's also how you play them, if you make money from Twich or have friends to play with it can be fun. If you end up like me tryharding playing solo, it's sad and toxic. Getting into arguements with kancer kids online who blame you for their own mistakes, getting frustrated when you can't advance in rank which is meaningless or when you try playing duo and this other guy is just as sad as you, quiet, no expected bro moments and it's depressing to realize you better play on your own.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/to-be-a-power-in-the-shadows/comment-page-3/#comment-157188
    I didn't mention bad grammar so your translation must be decent. Don't listen to those idiots, MTL readers are brain dead.
    If I were you and knew how to translate Chinese, I'd translate a truly good novel on par with Mother of Learning, not one of these generic ones that fall off after 100 chapters. You'd get better readers too.
    There are also good TV shows and movies that don't have subs or only half of them. I remember being frustrated with Romance of The Condor Heroes, the further show went the less subs it had. Last episodes had like 30% subs, unwatchable. Not that this one is very good, it was annoying after 4 eps when it showed MC's teen years I think.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  7. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you like playing a game or you dont if you dont like it you might quit/skip it anyway

you can try to find a game you like to play or choose a completly different hobby alltogether- forcing it wont bring you fun

8. HyperiousTheSun

HyperiousTheSun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like reading do you try visual novels. They're not really games but they can start you into play some good Plot based games.

9. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad, diy or playing with electronics can be more frustrating, have I mentioned how many motherboard I currently have that dose not work?
    And how some perfectly seemed builds of monitors don't display probably. And how bad quility smartphone components just fucked you. As there is nothing you can do. Most of time tech is just frustrating, like how recently I just trown about 60 usd worth of OLED down the drain cause it's just bad quility.

Jojo775 likes this.
  10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I sort of know...my old friends were scavengers of PC components. Trying to build something worthy out of old PC's and sell it or just scraping/melting/filtering gold from the components.
    Frankly it was pathetic and they were utterly boring when they constantly talked about it to everyone's annoyance.
    That doesn't quite sound like what you are doing, have you tried arduino or raspberry pi?

xiazixin likes this.
  11. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope tried raspberry pi once, its just too overpriced, I do play with Intel NUC as a router or other stupid things people do, as a slightly cheaper version of raspberry pi that needs more power basically. Intel nuc are cheap, but not that much more value for money (also more noise) than c612 from the decommissioned servers. (you get a fully working computer for 4 or 500 and they come with sas disk slots.)
    basically raspberry is a horrible idea, there isn't that much needs for those small SOC boards isn't it?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Jojo775 likes this.
  12. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    having on connected to a tv card and hdd acting as video recorder

13. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure, but isn't it better to use a capture card?

14. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    completly passive cooled and pretty small perfect to hide it in a living room without a PC

and i guess using a capture card i would need some NAS over time or i would run out of space quite often

15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you need to motivate yourself to play a game? Games are a form of entertainment, you shouldn't need to motivate yourself to play. What you should be motivating yourself is to be more productive.

16. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    don't listened to those capitalist bastards, they just want you to be productive and generate profit for them. They want you to be slaves for them willingly and never enjoy your self as enjoying your self means they are losing valuable time which they can exploits for.

Some time it's better to step out of cooperate slave life and play some game. Not the game that capitalist use to exploits you. Though I just lacks motivation to even play game.

17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    You are aware you can also work for yourself right?

And also, if you aren't enjoying something, there is no reason to force yourself to enjoy it.

The whole point is that you should only force yourself to be productive, forcing yourself to enjoy something is putting the cart before the horse.

18. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    It has to be something you enjoy doing or just really want to do, other wise you will get bored of it and stop. I mostly only play games when I am too tired to do anything else...

19. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, what you're doing is just fine. Do what you enjoy. Don't play a game just because you have a gaming rig and feel obliged to pay respects to its amazing benchmarks.. and indulge in games because of it!

But that said if you insist. Play games like cs go, Valorant.. (if you can deal with heavy toxicity); play league of legends, dota2 (If you're okay with medium levels of toxicity); can always try MMORPG games like Wow, Tera, New World.. (mild toxicity) there are so many of them but Tera was a great one that was free. I loved its graphics.

If you get bored easily then it might be possible its because you're playing solo. Find friends to play those games with you and its easy to find games to do dungeons and pvp with on MMO games. Slightly harder in league. And you're a fish in the water if you can find some like-minded toxic scrubs in FPS games!

I'd also suggest streaming if you've got such a great gaming rig. It should always be an incentive to stream and get viewers if you do some fun stuff, right?