Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers on shitface 1st prince, before and after his fall from grace

And our Johannes too, the first pages on the spoiler thread hardly mentioned him as an abuser, until page 30ish or 40, he abused Shuli. In the manhwa, even though he loved the 1st empress and inly has little lingering feelings, he loved his 1st wife (the kid's og mother) no? So why would he abuse someone he took to take care of his children, and looks exactly like his 1st love? Unless he is a strict teacher, but Its too.... Im confused

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  2. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can any kind soul please deatil Theobald's downfall ?...I loath that two faced bitchy white lotus of a crown prince...Please detail his ever so satisfying fall from grace if possible.

Same ...Even I think he's the only one left that we don't know much about..

Jukki likes this.
  3. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    So, please take this with a grain of salt, from what I have gathered, Johannes chose Shuli becasue she looked like the previous empress, not only because he was in love with her, (the previous empress), but also that physical resemblance would help out in the political battles that Shuli would have to face once he was gone. (Her physique is a weapon in this case). Also, as for the abuse, he turned Shuli into a political monster, for her to be able to protect his family once he was gone. (It is mentionned that she suprisingly managed, despite her young age to circumvent all traps laid out by various factions in the manwha at some point). Having a 16 year old learn and understand and get the mindframe to navigate politics, human nature and motivations, gaining the historical background (with all the various alliances, contracts, etc...) in such a short amount of time, even if Shuli is highly intelligent, I highly doubt his methods were gentle... There was most probably mental abuse, but we can alos surmise physical to a certain degree (but I speculate on the physical).
    Her sleepwalking and nightmares are imo, a form of PTSD and a way for her to unconsciously work through the abuse that has been so profound, that she even forgot about it (apparently). Her sleepwalking can be akin to her unconsiously wanting to escape from all of it.

I think it is also mentionned that Johannes never had an intimate relationship with Shuli. He was already too sick and his focus was on his family's survival after his death, not physical intimacy.

Have a great week-end every one!

4. KindapitiedMielle

KindapitiedMielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for replying so late, I had no idea there was even a reply to this at all, but wtf? :blobhero: How are you going to serve a woman who did her everything for this house and it's children and it's people and still go on to lead a group to brutally murder her?

Does he feel regret? I hope so. Not because I would feel bad when he feels regret, but more so that he lives and dies in agony and regret over his actions:blobangery:
    My poor Shuri :blobcry: betrayed by the people she cared for her.

She's not a thot or a slut or anything remotely close though? I feel like blaming a girl for her upbringing where she was quite literally a tool for her father is quite mean of you, no offense.

Ohara's family had nothing to do with the assassination, which is why she was so absolutely shocked when the news of Shuli's death arrived.
    True, it was their fault to that extent but they were never vicious enough to have her murdered. And whatever price there was to pay, she paid it heavily in the first time line.

This TL's Ohara is heavily involved with Shuli, she also pretty much gets raised and loved like family. We can already see the growing affection between her and the children and her and Elias marrying in this time line has no problems considering she's not the same person as before. She changed because children can be changed. Let's not blame a literal child who's not shown a single moment of menace to the family for anything, alright. :blobsleepless:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Assassel, Cooco, Creolenerd and 2 others like this.
  5. KindapitiedMielle

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this from a certain comment from a person who read the novel long ago, so do take this with a grain of salt as well, but I don't think that's it at all!

Johannes apparently used to hit Shuri if she wouldn't learn her lessons properly and scold her harshly, he was kind to his children but hard on her because she'd need to take care of them. The trauma apparently caused Shuri to forget about these memories.

Elren, Amanda16, Assassel and 4 others like this.
  6. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! So there was physical abuse as I speculated..... Poor Shuri, she had it rough from the start....

Ril, sets_trans and KindapitiedMielle like this.
  7. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was Nora's reaction when he witness Shuili's sleepwalking?

8. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember well, Shuli doesn't sleepwalk when Nora is around. Nora actually helps with her trauma, unknowingly, his presence alone is reassurance for Shuli. He learns that Shuli sleepwalks through Jeremy.

9. KindapitiedMielle

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess :blobpensive: if it really is true, then damn, when I found out, I was so shocked and dissapointed. Like damn Johannes, I trusted you :blobcat_hyper:

10. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He ends up with someone form Nora’s family I’m sure

KindapitiedMielle likes this.
  11. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeremy end up with a cousin of Nora who his family describe as "girl Nora" since they have pretty similar look. They decided not to marry right away and wait for awhile. If i recall correctly they married a couple years later and there a side story about their wedding preparation and they trying to find lost the wedding ring.

12. KindapitiedMielle

Reading List:
    Link
    Could anyone tell me what happens to the Cardinal? Or if anyone's already give spoilers about it, please link it! :blobmelt:

13. sreekcuty178

sreekcuty178 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's going on with the crown prince and nora any spoilers please?...

14. shuuenka

shuuenka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nora and Crown Prince are cousins. In their childhood crown prince broke some of Nora's family keepsake and pushed the blame onto Nora. And Nora's dad believed Crown Prince over his own son and this was kinda beginning of conflict between Nora's parents and him. So Nora doesn't have good feelings towards the crown prince. Somebody spoiled it a little bit more somewhere in this thread, bud you'd have to search through all pages

Amanda16 and Thamalasca like this.
  15. Maleinna

Maleinna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is empress ludovica good or bad? Why nobody talks about her?

16. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She wasn’t mentioned as good or bad. She was a beauty and 3 powerful men were in love with her, but she has married the Emperor at the end and has given girth to the Crown Prince. No one was talking about her and he only knew what she looked like because of that big portrait he was talking to in one of the manhwa chapters. When the Crown Prince was trying to find more information about her no one in the royal castle was able to say anything specific about her, same was with some book about the royal family that has mentioned her with 1 general sentence. So she was apparently just an average beautiful noble lady who has managed to become an Empress because of the Emperor’s love and didn’t get a chance to leave much legacy either because she has died young or because she hasn’t really tried to do anything.

Sarah1281 and Jukki like this.
  17. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is a bit more omplicated than that. When CP is young and trying to get info about his mother, each time he manages to find someone who knew her, the person is removed from his entourage. Also CP is appaled and angry by the lack of information regarding his mother. I genuinly think that there is more to this than simply his mother being average or insignificant. Being loved by 3 powerful men would have given her power to wield and I think that the little information that CP can gather is a deliberate choice from the various authorities for reasons unknown to us yet. How cruel to not let a child get to know his own mother, almost litterally erasing her from history.

Sarah1281, Khadz, Jukki and 1 other person like this.
  18. Archaon

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the Emperor doesn't want the prince to learn about his mother partly due to his dislike of his son (He see the prince as the cause of his wife's death), partly because he want to buried his pain. The Empress also doesn't want the prince to learn about his mother because she dislike the mother(She partly blame Ludovica for her unhappy live)

likeymiks, Assassel, Khadz and 2 others like this.
  19. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t read the novel so I can’t say for sure, but the manhwa so far and spoilers here didn’t mention any conspiracy about the previous Empress. I’m sure it would have been mentioned, but really even the chapter where the young prince was asking people around about his mother showed only confused people who had nothing much to say about her instead of being scared or hiding anything.
    All 3 powerful men were Ludovica’s childhood friends and this is why they had a lot of time to get to know her and to fall in love. It is also not strange because she was a beauty. If her character was even a bit decent then she was meant to become a target of their teenage romantic feelings. She has passed away almost right after becoming an Empress, so I don’t think she had a chance to become widely known outside of the palace as a good wise or bad biased Empress. I decide to believe that she just didn’t have time to show her character much, this is why everyone in the palace is a bit reluctant to talk about her, because they don’t actually know much about her and don’t want to offend the CP by saying that she was so-so, or don’t want to offend the current Empress by saying that she was great.
    Also with the power the current CP has in the palace, with the supporrt of the church and with a good attitude of the current Empress any bad deeds of the previous Empress or against her would have been known to him for sure and the people involved would have been punished long ago.

@Archaon sorry, I can’t insert a quote into the edited text, so have to tag you.
    I think you’re right that the Emperor doesn’t want to talk about his dead wife much, both from the pain and from the respect to his new wife. But it doesn’t make sense that he is not adding any information about her in the historical books if she actually had any achievements except for a beautiful face and good manners.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    likeymiks, Assassel, Khadz and 2 others like this.
  20. Archaon

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually base on the Side Story, Ludovica was cheerful and didn't care about social status, she treat the crown prince (future Emperor) and the 2 young nobles as her equal (she actually has lower status than the 3 men who loved her). In fact the Emperor loved her because she didn't treat him like an Emperor. For the Emperor, Ludovica was not just a lover but also a close friend .From that we can see that beside the people close to her, other don't really understand her, especially people in the court who saw her as below them.
    As for the other two, while they both love her, it reveal that she only considerate them friends so it basically one-sided crush from them.
    As for why the Empress Elizabeth hate Ludovica. This have to do with her father raise her to be the perfect Empress only for Ludovica to swoop in and take her place. After Ludovica became the Empress, the Emperor decided to give Elizabeth her freedom by allow her to marry anyone she want. But then Ludovica died and the nobles make her the new Empress, take away her hope at the last moment. So the Empress resent Ludovica for giving her a small hope and then take it away.