Spoiler The Duchess and the Devil

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Sep 14, 2020.

1. EVA EVA

EVA EVA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

2. lynnell246

lynnell246 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bysaiki likes this.
  3. Smatsu123

Smatsu123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly.. I really want to read this novel, the demon is really captivating but I just can't really bring myself to read this.
    The fact that the douchebag husband died and it's the demon residing inside his body, I can't bring myself to like it. Even though he's not him, but the demon still have that damn husband face, I mean like, If I was her, it'll really put me off, I can't bring myself to look at the cheater face let alone spend a night with him. That face used to slept and cheat with another women. Just imagining it gave me a goosebump all over, I wish the demon would just revealed his real form rather than using 'that' douchebag dog face. ( ͒˃̩̩⌂˂̩̩ ͒)

cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  4. strwaberrywlf

strwaberrywlf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhm honestly I hope you just try and read it and if its still not your cup of tea then drop it :blobmelt:

5. Smatsu123

Smatsu123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really?? I really want to try it but somehow my heart just hurt badly for her bcs of that scumbag :(

6. Asure

Asure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    about to finish translating the novel in my language (Spanish), I'm in chapter. 87, Derek 'dies' in ch. 84 and revives as Duke Mexilion in ch. 91, entertaining novel 5/5
    Fragment chap. 82

Boo-boo-boo!
    A loud roar like lightning pierced his ears.

"........"

After a moment like eons, a cool wind blew.

The air that blew her skin from time to time swept over her body like a raging tidal wave. Judith slowly lowered her hand. As if she had been bombarded, the scorched garden landscape caught her attention. and........

The two men, who had become entangled from top to bottom, were slumped on the ground. A smell of blood filled the garden and tickled her nostrils.

Judith, who was standing and blinking, approached them step by step. There was no strength to walk towards the stuttering.

Pain arose from the sprained ankle, but even the appeal to pain was suppressed with the sole thought of checking her condition. Now was not the time to worry about this. He, Derek, was the first thing........

As she approached him, she fell and stumbled over a mound of stone. His weak knees were bruised, but Judith didn't even think to look at him and crawled away.

Blood dripped like a river onto Derek's limp palms. Maybe that's why it didn't feel like his hand that always held her warmly.

"Derek... ...?"

She called out to him in a creeping voice. There was no response. She tapped her fingertips. Still not stopping

"Hey, Derek. Wake up."

No matter how hard she looked at him, she could no longer open her eyes. His whole body was stained with blood, his body temperature as cold as a cold bone. The more he discovered something different than usual, the more he choked as if someone was blocking his oesophagus.

'No, it can't. no....... it can't be, it mustn't be.....'

An unbelievable fact flashed through his mind.

"Don't play, get up...... What are you thinking?"

Judith grabbed his chest and shook him as if trying to force him to wake up. He startled as the wind swept the pooled blood like a puddle.

She stared in disbelief at the bloodstains on his fingertips. Swallowing saliva, her vision gradually became bright from the water.

"Are you alive?"

Ironically, there was no certainty in the trembling voice. Unlike his head, which could not believe in his death, his heart was already filled with sadness like a lake.

A moan, something thick and hot rose in his throat.

"You are alive. That's it....... Please speak!"

The sword never stuck as he shielded her and it was painful as if his chest had been pierced dozens of times.

It was he who bled profusely, but it hurt as if his stomach had been ripped open.

"Anything ......."

It seemed like all this heart-breaking pain would disappear with a single word, but he didn't say an indifferent word.

Closing her blurred vision, Judith slowly, very slowly, leaned over his upper body. Even after waiting a long time on his broad chest, she felt no heartbeat. No evidence that he is alive and breathing. Only a coldness as cold as that of a corpse is evident.

'His heart is dead'.

Something in his heart broke at that fact and a devastating rain fell on his cheeks.

The sky was very clear. She was the only one raining in the sunny weather.

Is Google Translation spanish to english :v

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Biakushi and bysaiki like this.
  7. bysaiki

bysaiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Istg, this scene was so heartbreaking

Asure likes this.
  8. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the side stories?

SilverSoul1 likes this.
  9. coconut oil

coconut oil Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where can i read the chapters after 43 , i am unable to find them ...:(:(

lialin, oblomov and Emma626 like this.
  10. Ladyyy_Z

Ladyyy_Z New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m currently on the finishing chapters of this novel and I’m ok with it but with what @Smatsu123 saying/pointing out makes sense rationally. The way the FL (Judith) immediately gives the ML (Derek) access to her body is frustrating. When I was reading the first couple of chapters I was frustrated how she easily giving in . (The snusnu is good but I think it needs some back and forth type of spice aka hate f*ck ) This is supposed to be a demon who possessed the body of an Ex-husband who you hated so much because he cheated on you and was brought back to life from the dead!! Realistically speaking I would freak out and I will have doubts in my mind and be suspicious for couple of months. Plus, being intimate with the person you despises to the point you feel disgusted to be even on the same room so fast seems so unrealistic. I wouldn’t mind it if the FL gave the ML obstacles and problems so that he can gain her trust. Keep in mind her first experience of s3x almost turned into rape. And her first kiss is done without no consent and forcefully in the office where the ex husband was having s3x with another girl during their first night after marriage. That should be enough of a trigger to hate him first because it’s a disrespect. Or at least earn him a slap. But it didn’t happen. I would love it if she did that instead of giving in. Also the ml LIED about stimulating her sexual pleasure (he admitted it to himself when we read his monologue of thoughts). So the whole s3x scenes from the beginning of the novel to the end of novel is already rigged to be pleasurable beyond human comprehension. Basically he manipulated her body to be dependent on him. And Her needing to have a baby is only a plus. Anyway, us, women know that sometimes you can catch feelings when the D is good . I think there should be an identity crisis (ML hating himself that he’s inhabiting the ex husband body) that the ML should experience as a major turning point of his feelings with the FL but I don’t think he experienced it. It was flat. The FL should have hate him first, doesn’t let him touch her because of disgust and fear of diseases (remember she herself knows that her ex husband was doing drugs and very promiscuous with different women all the time so she knows unconsciously that he might have died of STI; it was only later confirmed by the priests that it was some sort of a unexplainable condition that deals with the soul) before engaging intimately which in turn develops into love.

But hey this is just my personal opinion. My personal opinion ‍♀️. Overall the novel is so-so.