LCD Superstar From Age 0

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Sep 17, 2021.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/superstar-from-age-0/

[​IMG]

The premise is that the MC's soul has lived countless lives as different beings on different worlds, and this is its first time being born as a human. Some of his lives had abilities unique to that species or had magic. The MC was able to save a "diary" for each of his lives in a library-like soul construct. If and when he has accumulated enough mana, he can open a room related to the quantity of mana and read the diaries of the lives stored there. From these diaries, he can retrieve one of his previous skills. At his current age (and mana level?), he can only have one active skill at a time. We don't know if that'll change as he gets older.

Starting as a self aware baby, he decides that he likes the attention and also likes to help others. He uses his special ability to entice people. Because his mana is low, his skills' effect are weak and doesn't affect everybody which conveniently deflects questions on why he's so appealing.

The translations is fair and the writing style is a bit simplistic, but ok. So far, the author is going for a cutesy feel, but that may change when the MC is older.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it is the translations or the author trying to be subtle, but these high-40s chapters were hard to understand for me. The dialogs felt circular with implied hints and no one wanting to make a clear statement. The recent translation are a bit sloppier, though. Words are often missing.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  3. thetourist

thetourist Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there romance or a harem in this series??

4. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say, the MC is just 6 or 7 years old.

5. jiesuzuru

jiesuzuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my latest read is from chapter 299 he's about 16-17 years old and there was no romance (which i'm really glad for because harem makes the novel so much bad for me)

I really like how the novel was focused on his rise to being a superstar and not that totally op cause he really work super hard and love acting so much

animefan217 likes this.
  6. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-64/65:
    Seojun's movie character's dual identities is confusing.

FranckOA likes this.
  7. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    hMmmmm~ bookmarked desu~! thanks

8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-82
    I hope the other kids get a cut of the DVD and VOD sale proceeds too because it'll probably be huge.

9. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    raws are already in 600+ chapters and there's no sign of romance. Seojun is already 22 yrs old and there would probably be no romance and focus only on acting. There's not much difference between the TL and the MTL since the TL is sloppy. So those who are curious can just read the MTL.

10. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    So is something going on with the translator Karnevale's website today? All of their links are redirecting to NU's home page.

FranckOA and Mai04149 like this.
  11. mele21

mele21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is still happening to me a week later. What's the point of having a website if you redirect all traffic?

12. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, right? You'd think the translator would check their site once in a while even if it's just to verify that their chapters are formatting correctly.

Mai04149 likes this.
  13. tycoon54321

tycoon54321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to danovel discord and ask the staff to clear your IP. Works for me.

14. caolsei

caolsei Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So people need to ask for their IP to be authorized before they can access a random website? Yeah thanks but no thanks. Machine translations gained one more reader today. Their work was pretty much on that level already anyway.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    FranckOA likes this.
  15. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is to access any krnvl.xyz pages (even clicking on "contact us" send me to novel update)... Why asking danovel staff to clear my IP (and wouldn't it be less of a hassle for admins to fix the website's issue of locking out random IPs instead of having to clear each one manually) ?
    By the way, I tried to go to danovel and I didn't had any issue reaching any page (too bad I don't read anything there :blobwhistle:).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Mai04149 likes this.
  16. Mai04149

Mai04149 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you provide me their Discord link? I cannot even open their “Contact Us” section because I’m always getting re-directed to NU’s Home Page.

17. mele21

mele21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... Now that I know its an IP problem, its easy to circumvent. Just use any web based proxy (just google the term). It should work like those web translators where you stay inside a frame while navigating the site. The site came out jumbled for me, but I was still able to click links and read the content I wanted. I also went to the "Contact Us" page but it only had a donation form set up. Nice to know what their priorities are. Its their content and they can protect it however they want. I'll just let them know my stance by never paying for a chapter.

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked back on this novel after ignoring it for several months due to its redirecting and found that it's ok again. So did Karnevale accomplished whatever they intended?

19. yakuzapandaz

yakuzapandaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the translation?
    It been a month since latest chapter

20. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-153
    The dialog in this story is so bad. Yeah, in this chapter, it's mostly excerpts from their movie characters' script, but it still reads so crappy. The narration around it isn't too good either. Taken all together, this basically coerces me to skim the chapter because it's just too difficult to try to understand.