Spoiler Honey, I'm Going On A Strike

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    E_poDF3VcAQZXaW.jpg
    E_poDF3VcAQZXaWw.jpg.png
    E_poDzFUUAcot9L.jpg

Official Novel Raws: Official Webtoon Link:
    Official Webtoon Raws: Author: Go-Eun Chae | 고은채
    (The same author who wrote, "I Became The Hero's Mother" and "Celebrity Lady")

Description:

Cassia Ruberno, Countess of the Simone Empire, marries Zester Greze, a commoner war hero, at the order of emperor.

After living for 10 years with no love or money, she dies of incurable disease. No, I only thought that I was dead.

At the same time as her death, Cassia returns to the first day she met him, 10 years ago.

However, I don't want to repeat the same life as before, so I declared a "strike."
    Cassia, who was blunt and knew nothing but war, was determined to live on her own without being discouraged.

Strangely, Zester in this life continues to try to get into Cassia's heart.

Cassia, who didn't hate Zester’s efforts and changes at the same time, said, “I think that maybe I can manage change it in this life.”

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link

[​IMG]

***TOC reflects spoiler thread up to pg. 9, Post #172 as of Oct 27, 2021***

Table of Contents
    Novel
    • Title: 여보, 나 파업할게요
      [Main Story] 170 Chs / [Side Story] 32 Chs

MTL / Summary (somewhat in order)

[c/o Thamalasca, StrawberriesandCream, Fayfay, Hakucyou, ROEM CALYPSE, -NEAR-, Musiciati]

Novel

Miscellaneous Spoilers

[c/o its0k, Hakucyou, babayagu, lonelyfish, ouidaddyclaude, TragicFlower547, Thamalasca, cklaighe, ThedamNameZ, MIAspy07, Grace34]
    Character spoilers
    About Chester / Zester,

It makes sense to be frustrated w/ ML's flaws, however, it should be considered that when it comes to the issue w/ Vita, she's an abuser who takes hold of ML's insecurities and exploits it to her own benefit. Women are often not called out as much for their behavior and it should be acknowledged that women are just as capable of abuse as men are.

It's also understandable that it can be demoralizing to readers when authors set up impossibly, awful circumstances to justify malignant behavior of characters, but in this case, the characterization of ML as trash is questionable. ML has not tried to intentionally harm MC in both TLs and the miscommunication between ML & MC is not the product of just one person's mistakes.

After doing TOCs for 20+ novels, the most uncomfortable aspect of going through page after page are reading the comments invalidating a character's trauma (death, childhood abuse, assault, manipulation, etc.) and in turn, scorning them for making mistakes real life people are generally guilty of in their everyday life.

Everyone's opinions are valuable contributions and it would be even better to be more conscious going forward and consider if the character is truly irredeemable or their actions / inaction are common mistakes that can be fixed over time. Some of the trauma written for a character's background are oftentimes atrociously appalling and it's unimaginable to be on the receiving end and experience the events firsthand.

For all posts deliberating both characters' POV while referencing text examples, it does not go unnoticed. There's so much to learn from different perspectives and it is more than appreciated :)

Thanks,
    Le_Tired

Extra: Burning Discussion Time

[c/o Grace34, withmedea, Detained_in_switzerland55, Autumn Leaves, Anidori]

TOC: @Le_Tired

***Guys, tysm for labeling -DISCUSSION- on posts, it makes compiling this so much easier***

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  3. joyfuldragon

joyfuldragon Stop re-reading, ur lists are piling up @ me

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have spoilers? :aww:

imane1 likes this.
  4. LilacButterflyDreams

LilacButterflyDreams Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ready for some spoilers on this one !

syofiaa likes this.
  5. joyfuldragon

joyfuldragon Stop re-reading, ur lists are piling up @ me

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. rat24

rat24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward for spoilers the manga is hilarious.:blobrofl: My bet of cliche is the same as those of “flower dance in the wind” and “to help you understand” etc where the ML is working hard to maintain FL’s noble lifestyle and the FL didn’t get the clue. Begging to marry her so they got trapped as a working dog is a cherry on top. :blob_coffee:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  7. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil us please :aww:

8. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    MC goes to see her husband in his office after she has decided that she would spend a life of leasure this time, considering all the she suffered in her previous life. She informs him that she isn't going to take care of the property and will do only as she likes. ML is suprised by her change of attitude compared to last night and that she knows how to speak her mind, so why did she force herself to have intercourse with him. She answers back that she had no experience and she wanted to know what sexual intercourse was like and that, thanks to him; she now loathes it. So please don't expect her to do her marital duties more than just the bare minimum. (She still wants to have her kids from the previous life, which is why shje deciced not to divorce him on the spot). The ML's face is priceless!:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: After she leaves, you get to see things from ML's perspective and that he, who was reluctant at first and only did it after she asked him to, so she wouldn't be laughed at the next day, actually liked it! You also learn that it was his first time because he never felt attraction towards a woman before.... So, he avoided touching her (foreplay), because he thought it would be unpleasant for her which of course would make the experience less than satisfactory for MC.... I like the fact that for once the ML is clueless about intercourse, even if it turns into a misunderstanding used in the story. Hopefully they will learn pleasure together in the long run, which will make for an intersting part of the story if they manage to communicate on the subject.

Leilacus, KuranFan, usabun and 30 others like this.
  9. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right how did the reset happen? Was it her husband or kids who initiated it or some God?

crystalleciel likes this.
  10. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying my best not to curse the ML with all my might when he only showed an ounce of interest when the FL was dying:blobsmile:

layyu, syofiaa, Ariary and 1 other person like this.
  11. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m going to go out on a limb and say he didn’t actually cheat on her with freckled maid, she just misunderstood.

Yeah I read on a MTL that the maid the FL suspected was having affair with was just friend and there wasn’t an affair. The ML is described a pure and kinda stupid

12. Nilfiem

Nilfiem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cammmmmmp:blobcozy:

raisha lionel and DOHere like this.
  13. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
  14. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also dont like her husband, i would scream and cried if i have reversed time only to be with a man who i hate

15. FaranFluffy

FaranFluffy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Trinitytiger

Trinitytiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a mistake too. Husband is clearly oblivious. I'm pretty sure the childhood friend is just possessive and jealous of the MC marrying the ML.

As for the MC, she regressed with the mind to stand up for herself but apparently not the mind to verbally address the situation to clear up with the misunderstandings. So that's going to be *groans* "fun" to read through.

Elisee, Akunx, Briana and 17 others like this.
  17. Kirax

Kirax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So did he or does he not cheat on MC in previous life?

saurahkim likes this.
  18. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering if he also did something after she died like wishing from magical thing to make MC live again or something. Im a little disappointed during the time, when the butler also ask him to say 'those words' to the MC that he keep hiding for 19 yrs when she's bedridden but end up not saying QAQ

Plus this Lady Florent, I bet she'll fall for him and then another misunderstanding that he cheated blah blah xD I am also waiting how will the MC remove the childhood friend

I think he did not. From the moment they met and the first night, he said that it was the first time he got lusted to someone and that's probably the start he got feelings for her. He's oblivious and good at keeping words to himself so that lead to many misunderstandings. I think he might think that since the money he earn for the Mc was not spend, he'll think that she must hate that he can't give the life she wants (ya know luxurious stuffs) lolol

Akunx, Aymee, seabuckthorn and 14 others like this.
  19. lonelyfish

lonelyfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.
    The webtoon raws give a glimpse of what the ML had to suffer through when he was around the childhood “friend”. For example, back when they were younger, and the ML was still a commoner, she tried to kiss him, but he refused her advances by yelling, "Are you crazy!?" at her. With tears in her eyes, she says, "Did you just yell at me right now?" Then she tells her dad or something and he gets punished by getting whipped on the back of his legs. I think her name is Bita or Vita. Overall, yeah, I'm pretty sure she thinks she's entitled to do what she wants because of how spoiled she was growing up.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  20. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read some reviews, it was MTL, so might not be very reliable but there was an opinion that the beginning was funny, but the middle part was too slow-paced and boring.
    • MC will tell her husband that she’ll be only eating, playing and having fun, he’ll be ok with it aka “Do whatever you wish”.
    • Apparently later she’ll still have to start working, using the knowledge from the previous TL she’ll develop their territory.
    • She’ll say no to sharing bed, he’ll agree.
    • She’ll ask for a divorce in 5 years, he won’t expect it and will be shocked.
    • ML didn’t have an affair with the childhood friend (I guess it’s obvious, especially after the latest translated manhwa chapter where MC mentions that in the previous TL she got her fired and removed from the castle after MC got pregnant - to avoid additional stress).
    • MC was going to tolerate the childhood friend for her husband’s sake in the previous TL, but she was getting more annoying and behaving all touchy-feely with him and was the only one talking informally to him, so it got pretty stressful and MC was sure they are having an affair. But then when fired the childhood friend has left without a word (I find it suspicious and think she might be related to MC’s incurable illness in the previous TL).
    • In this TL MC is determined to get rid of anything that annoys her very quickly.
    • Apparently ML was working so much in the previous TL to give his wife the best life, but he never knew how to communicate with her.
    • ML loved his wife so much that he was almost afraid to touch her.
    • ML has eyes only in MC and always puts everything aside for her.
    • ML feels he’s not deserving such a good wife.
    • ML is kinda dumb and naive and always taken advantage of, especially because he doesn’t have much knowledge that nobles have (maybe this is why MC had to work so much?).
    • There will be 2 unpleasant antagonists, no idea who, but it sounded in MTL that one if them will be related to the temple (the names google translate gave me where Bertol and the Pope).
    • The kids will be born again somewhere in the middle of the story.
    • The girl will have a love story with someone (the mtl said “again” so maybe it has happened in the 1st TL - “I think the daughter Lucy and the rookie Remiel will meet again and fall in love.”)
    • There was a confusing phrase “This is a battle between gods and demons” which might be literal or just related to the reviewer’s attitude towards the novel itself, like the writing was okay, but the story wasn’t what they expected to be, but they still continued to read, idk honestly, it was a sentence in the middle of the general paragraph about writing, so it’s hard to say for sure.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Ang3Blue, Asya.M, Am_elf and 87 others like this.