Question Worst vs Best BL

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SleepyTy, Sep 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. SleepyTy

SleepyTy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the absolute worst BL you've ever read, absolute bottom of the barrel kinda novel. Now what's the best BL you've ever read(or just your favorite.) I'm not good at telling what novel are amazing, but my current favorite rn is probably, A Certain Someone. As for worst, I'm not to sure.

2. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    My best and most favorite bl is quickly wear the face of the devil. I can remember most of the arcs and I'm always tempted to go back and reread it. The worst bl I've ever read was probably... I can't remember it's name but I dropped it because there was just so much unnecessary drama and there was literally no development between the mc and ml. They just fell in love at first sight and boom that's it.

3. BanniNotBunny

BanniNotBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst story I have ever read is Hua hua you long. It's full of RAPE, RAPE, RAPE, and torture. I don't even have a penis, but I cringe at how painful ít was to read it.

My favorite story is "Dumb husky and his White cat shizun". It also has rape and torture, but it was wonderfully written. I cried so much.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Nana24 likes this.
  5. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hua hua you long totally is one of the worst novel, feels so uncomfortable that I skip couple of pages. Don't know why this novel got manga, but some of the best novels don't have.

Fav novel: 2013, GUEE, KOD (Only 2013 have anime, while GUEE has the best manga arts and boys. These bois are so hot!:blob_blush:) - Totally loved these novels!

applebeans and Szara like this.
  6. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I loved 4 out of 6 of those titles. :hmm:

7. BanniNotBunny

BanniNotBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they are quite popular.

8. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno about the worst I've read; I've read a lot of ones I didn't like (Everyone Knows I’m a Good Man, for example), but I can't really say that they're bad every time, just not to my tastes. I actually didn't like QWTFOTD, even though everyone apparently loves it. Side note, but I'm pretty sure the title was MTL'd, I started it assuming it would be one where a nice MC pretends to be a bad person, but turns out it's not like that at all (It's kind of the other way around, actually. Heh). Misleading title, though. My fault for not reading the description, genre, and tags :/

My current favorite is Little Mushroom. I have fluctuating interests so my fav changes pretty often, but that's one that's always been around the top of my list of favorites. Yeah, I like reading deep stuff, I feel smart reading it. Usually I read lighter novels stuffed with dog food, or tragedy stuffed with dog blood.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    baka8roukanako likes this.
  9. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villain that Reincarnated into the World of a BL Game goes Astray is the absolute WORST I’ve ever read lmaooo. I started reading when it didn’t have that many chapters and hence the rating was closer to around ~4 ish, so I thought to myself, hey, let’s just give this one a shot. Anyways so I followed it for about 5 more updates and promptly moved it to my dropped list, thank god, because when I went back to check on the title just now I saw it was at a 3.2 rating. Haha. Dodged a bullet.

10. Owl Escapee

Owl Escapee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't think of the names of any of the worst BL I've read, because I quit reading them right away lol. A lot or most of the smut novels are really bad, but you read them for the smut, not the story... :blobjoy:
    There's plenty of extremely popular novels that I don't think are that great, but I also think that's personal preference, so I wouldn't say they're "bad".
    As for the best novel, hmmm, probably something like Peerless? I would have to think about it

seemanta likes this.
  11. Deleted member 313917

Deleted member 313917 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    yes i feel your pain one of the worst for me too :sweating_profusely:

babybb likes this.
  12. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My worst??? The Male Wife! it embodies everything I dislike and it irks me so much. Most novels I dislike still have one or two things that made me enjoy it, but Male Wife was just:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: a waste of time

Now the best one is quite difficult ….. I like them for different reasons, The Trial Game of Life for UF, Mistakenly Saving the Villain for its good ending, A Tale of Strategies For the Throne and Banished to Another World for the interesting setting and world, Heroic Death system and The Perfect Destiny for the rich worlds and awesome characters!

This one is nothing special, but I have soft spot for it for being the first one with disabilities, harem master turning into devoted lover, and again, unique setting! The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love.

I didn't list well-known authors like priest, mxtx, works because I mostly always enjoy their novels, so it's not necessary to list them as my best pick.

13. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I really can't name one of the best bl cause there's too many. Card room, DPUBFTTB, SMWM, Did the affectionate love interest collapse today? are a few that I'm currently reading and really like.

As for the worst, I don't even remember their names cause I just straight away dropped them. But yeah, most of them were cringey. I can't stand cringey couples. And I also didn't like TSVSSS much. I dropped it before the last 20 chapters. I enjoyed it at first but later the ML was kinda getting on my nerves and everything was happening too fast for me to keep up. I didn't really like it but it was a good one.

14. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have worst as I avoid reading bad ones by reading reviews and spoilers here . I guess bad ones could be ones with rape , abusive mls and idiotic mcs .
    Best ones - don't pick up boyfriend from trashbin and Devil venerable also wants to know.

15. Lambdadelta

Lambdadelta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost all chinese novels are worst honestly, there are so many high ranking novels that are actually trash but some of the BEST novels I’ve ever read are amongst the low ranks
    Some of the korean or japan novels have low ranks even though it barely have any chapters, but all these other novels are so high ranked although their stories are sooo bland and their characters is just sooooo 2D