Spoiler I Raised Cinderella Preciously

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ryokucha, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Sarahlin

Sarahlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was the rich old man who proposed to Iris. Mildred dislike him immensely because he had children as old as Iris, but Iris was seriously considering whether she should marry him. One day, he went to the Barnes’ home and gave Iris an expensive hair pin, then act like it was a big deal and expect something in return. Mildred got pissed and handed it back to him, then kick him out.

He got mad and wrote a letter to Iris expecting an apology from Mildred or he will force the Barnes out of society. Iris decided to marry him because she knew her mother would never apologize. Ashley tried to save Iris by sacrificing herself to marry Count Webster in her place. Count Webster got cocky and was thinking of marrying Iris while keeping Ashley as a mistress.

He opened his mouth to start making his offer, but Mildred interrupted in the middle of it, and she was so furious she broke the wineglass in her hand and threatened to stab him. Daniel offered to kill Count Webster for her so she doesn’t have to dirty her hand.

Count Webster ran off and Mildred scolded Iris for thinking about marrying him to help her sisters. She said it was her duty as a mother to do that, not Iris’s duty. That increased Iris’s confidence. After that, Liam proposed to her rashly when he heard that she almost accepted Count Webster’s proposal, but she turned him down because she doesn’t want to burden him with the cost of her sisters’ future wedding and dowry and such.

Count Webster tried to paint Mildred as a jealous woman, but Mildred exposed his letter threatening to force the Barnes out if society.

Ryan was so heartbroken that he opened the crown princess selection to distract himself. He later regretted it and tried to stop it, but his parents pointed out that Iris rejected him once and might not take him back, even after learning about him being a prince. (Iris was furious at the deception)

Mildred, knowing that Iris’s relationship with Ryan has soured and Lily doesn’t care for anything other than painting, so she considered sending Ashley as a princess candidate (she still thought Ashley was Cinderella, but she constantly doubted the fairytale now due to Iris being the prince’s first love).

However, Ashley entered Iris’s name in the recommendation letter so Iris was selected. Iris was mad at first, but realized she almost lost Ryan due to her pride and thanked Ashley. She and Ryan later made up, but Iris insisted on completing the tests so she would be acknowledged for her qualification, not as a lucky ‘Cinderella’.

When Ryan was still heartbroken, Daniel decided to show him why Iris initially refused him by disguising him as a commoner to work at Barnes place. When Daniel first brought him to Mildred, she didn’t recognize ’William’ and asked Daniel whether he was the prince of another country in disguise (Ryan flinched at that remark). He did found out how much work it was and how expensive a socialite’s dress cost.

There were three candidates, the other two were from wealthier and better backgrounds, but Iris had high popularity and good reputation (mostly because of Mildred’s influence in society like new desserts and flower dress).

The first test was a tea party. Mildred set it in the garden with mosquito nets and floating candles in water. Ryan/William accidentally gave the cook salt instead of sugar, so Mildred whipped up a new recipe at the spot. As a result, the tea party was a huge success and Iris scored the highest. Later, Ryan admitted his mistake to his mother and begged her to go easy on Iris because he thought he ruined her test, but his mother laughed her head off and reassured him that Iris was the best.

2. Sarahlin

Reading List:
    Link
    This was before the Princess Competition, sorry.

Pretty early on, Daniel confessed to Mildred that she was the one he was interested in. Not long later, there was an accident at a gallery where sculptures were knocked over. Mildred instinctively went to cover a girl (who liked Daniel), but Daniel block the sculpture before Mildred could be hurt. He then admonished her for doing something so reckless, saying he was protecting the woman he loved, and she saved a random girl she had just met. The girl was heartbroken at hearing Daniel's remark of love.

Mildred still thought Lily had a crush on Daniel for a long time despite Daniel and everyone else thinking otherwise. She went to confront Lily in private, but Lily misinterpret her secrecy as something different and blurted out whether Mildred was trying to tell her she was pregnant. Mildred hyperventilated and her other daughters ran into the room, hearing the commotion. Mildred managed to calm down and reassured them that she is not pregnant.

Turns out that all her daughters were aware of the relationship between Mildred and Daniel and actively support it. Lily also cleared up the misunderstanding about liking Daniel. Later, Mildred started accepting Daniel's courtship.

All the candidates were shipped black fabric and some jewels and had to make an outfit out of them by the next test day. Mildred took them to Davina and planned a design. She joked that they should put jewels in the front of the dress, before coming up with the idea of embroidery.

At the day of the test, the maids left Iris without helping her get dressed, so Iris had to do it herself. She found a lady walking past her room and asked her to hold her hair ribbon to keep it out of the way. The lady was surprised to see how skilled Iris was at dressing up and realized it meant Iris had to live in a household so poor they couldn't afford servants. She was pleased to see that a girl from a household like that was able to become a princess candidate and prayed that Iris can become the next queen. Apparently, the test was to see how the candidates manage to prepare themselves without keeping the guest waiting. Iris missed the purpose of the test because she wasn't supposed to dress herself, but she did ask for help from someone, so that barely qualify.

Iris's dress was the most dazzling because the two other candidates were similar. The king didn't even recognize Iris's dress as being made from the black fabric he sent at first because the embroidery made the top of the dress look blue. The queen was the one who pointed out the embroidery and marveled at the gradient effect. The king asked to see the jewel and Iris turned around to show that it was at the back of her head. Initially, Lily designed a circlet, but it was too similar to a crown, so Mildred suggest that they turn it so it will be at the back of Iris's head instead.

The other two candidates had jewels on the front of their gown because one of the worker at Davina's place took Mildred's joke seriously and leaked it to the other candidates. Davina later fired her.

Mildred found out that Kyle was Kayla through a diary. She then sold the painting to Marquis Casey (Douglas's uncle) before secretly leaking that Kyle was a woman. Marquis Casey was mad, and went to Mildred, who sweetly offered a refund. That made him suspicious since she offered a large amount of money so easily. He thought that his competitor (in collecting Kyle works) is planning to buy all the paintings when the prices are low, then raised the price again. When he questioned Mildred whether she had been contacted by that person, she avoided answering, which made him more convinced. He turned down the refund offer and worked to raised the price of Kyle painting himself.

Mildred anticipated his move because he had already invested a lot of money in Kyle. She predicted that he would raised the values of Kyle artworks so he won't lose money when the prices drop. She did this to make female painters more accepted for Lily's sake.

Even before the start of the princess competition, Douglas Casey was attracted to Lily. After Lily provoked Preston into slapping her so society would shunned him, he beat up Preston very badly. Not long afterward, he asked Mildred to marry Lily. Mildred pointed out that he was rather old (7 years older), which is hypocritical since she was fine with Lily liking Daniel (14 years older). However, she said it was up to Lily, so he went and proposed to Lily, but she refused because she would rather be a painter.

Mildred agreed to let Lily be a painter if she can sell a painting and make a certain amount of money. Lily sold a painting of Mildred to Marquis Casey. Marquis Casey (Douglas's uncle) and Douglas has a very inconvenient curse: any woman engaged or married to them will find true love. This can ensure that their wives are their true love, but it can also make it difficult for them to get married since their fiancees/wives keep leaving them. Due to that, Marquis Casey's wife divorced him and he decided to remain unmarried and childless, which is why Douglas Casey is the next heir.

Marquis Casey is also not talented at swordsmanship. In fact, he would rather be a painter but can't due to society constraint so he collects art instead. Due to that, he envy Lily for having freedom to pursuit art. When Mildred saw that he bought Lily's painting, she question him on the painting's worth. Marquis Casey admitted that Lily is extremely talented and will become very famous in the future. He became so fond of Lily that he asked her to call him uncle and set aside a sum of money for her in his will.

Douglas Casey's mother wasn't very fond of Lily due to Lily refusing her perfect son. In addition, Lily wasn't from a very well-off family. She questioned Lily on her choices, and Lily gave her some very honest answers. Douglas Casey's mother was slightly offended at how forward her answers were, but realized that Lily was correct. She tried to set up her son with other girls, but failed. She later admitted to her husband that she like Lily's character, but only if her son wasn't interested in pursuing a girl who wouldn't marry.

3. chels_hotnacho

chels_hotnacho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i get some jealous Daniel/ confession/ fluffy moments b/w Daniel And Mildred. Cute moments will work too
    Daniel×Mildred more please:blob_blush:

Jukki and Yuukiyuki like this.
  4. Yuukiyuki

Yuukiyuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler of Daniel & Mildred please!

Jukki likes this.
  5. zenn114

zenn114 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg is this arc will happen soon in the manhwa? and also can you tell me which chapter of the novel thats correlated with the current manhwa, bcs I wanna get a grip of this series' pace

Lxina0 likes this.
  6. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kept on reading Daniel with Lucifer Morningstar's voice. Aah, Tom Ellis is such a babe. Well anyways. Thanks for the spoilers. I like how slow burn and realistic this one is. How beauty is not the standard but attitude is.

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  7. Lumella14

Lumella14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! I'm liking the fact that Douglas & Lily's romance is not a walk in the park and showed that Lily can just be herself as she pursued to be a painter.

8. Manhwalover2

Manhwalover2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the 1st kizs and 2nd kiss..
    Is it still a long way from the webtoon latest chapter ?

Really want to see it

Thanks for the spoiler
    Can you give more iris ryan?
    The moment iris know ryan is cp, iris mad, and how she finally accept him?

9. Muskanoo

Muskanoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personal I am thinking that in this story cindrella as 'ash' is the main character cause in previous time line she has to phase alot of difficulties...........:blob_zipper_mouth::blob_zipper_mouth::blob_zipper_mouth:
    But in this time line she is not the main character but ended up in just being a side character which i don't like originally cause as I have been seeing cindrella pure and wise but in this plot she is rather clueless of literally everything:blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral:

And as I think that prince and cindrella love each other in previous story but in this one it's just Finished due to just change in some plots of story that means prince just love her out of pity and a glass shoe which she left behind unintentional:blobcry::blobcry::blobcry:

It's just totally become a story about a transmigrated person who just ended up in these plots :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
    But i like that their is no violence in this story :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand:and it's still good but acc. To its name it's just different.:blobpensive::blobpensive:
    But it's still good as it is now but u know it just..,....... . . ................... Fine for me:blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless:

10. amicheeto

amicheeto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so what exactly happened at the special side stories ending?? do they get married or have kids in the real world??

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  11. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a very mundane question but did they ever get the estimate back of their paintings by Kyle? Did they get stolen? Did they get their money’s worth? I really want to know because I feel like the manga just forgot about it! Someone please let me know :blob_teary:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  12. Lillynumber2

Lillynumber2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its been a while but they will circle back to it. If I remember correctly, they sold the painting to Casey uncle then it came out that the painter was a women. The uncle was angry Nd wanted a refund which Mildred was willing to do. Casey uncle was embossed and decided not to sell it. And then there was an art gallery that was hosted by Daniel to promote the painter Kyle being a women. I'm sure there's more to the story that I am missing but I believe the painting won't be drop because this story kind of corolates to what lily wants to do in the future.

13. Sarahlin

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition, it was widely known that Mildred sold the painting for a large sum of money. That’s why there’s an impostor who was pretending to be Ashley’s father. Luckily, Mildred was smart and saw right through his lie.

14. Lillynumber2

Lillynumber2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved this novel so mtl it. I don't know how to upload these things so feel free to send me a message. Beware its MTL so it can get confusing and is not the best.

GhostFlute, DRpsy, elisiaeli and 4 others like this.
  15. Selin

Selin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know Lily will have a daughter with douglas Casey but what about Iris and Ryan ?? Will we see a child ?

Lxina0 likes this.
  16. Sarahlin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she has at least two. First child is a prince, and there’s one princess, whom Ashley consider passing her count title to.

17. Vic2021

Vic2021 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Mildred and Daniel have a child? Thanks for you answer ^.^

18. Sarahlin

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Mildred doesn’t want another one and Daniel doesn’t want to pass down his fairy blood. They might in their next life (modern world).

19. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happend at Art exhibition that Lily Mildred and Daniel attended?

20. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link