Discussion The Year True VRMMORPGs becota thing.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pity the future generation if my grandkids or great grandkids because I know even if I'm 90 I'll still buy a helmet/capsule/whatever and play when it comes out. And I know a lot if us would, we'd buy most of the devices leaving little for the kids to buy and play. Their grandparents would be playing VR games while they were stuck with GTA 12.

2. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    GTA 8 at most and The Elder Scrolls 7 at most.... But yes, I agree

Almaa likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    2036, calling it now.

4. UndyingSLIME10295

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be late, wouldn't it?

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    For virtual 'reality' it'll take longer, we'll have virtual games and goggles and stuff, but you'll still feel physically tethered in reality.
    By 2036 we'll be able to directly interface with the brain and create virtual experiences like orgasms that are digitally induced.
    :blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah:

(i.e. the kind of VR we read novels about, not the upcoming wave of virtual games irl.)

p.s. some things novel-like will be possible, like uploading data and creating muscle memory, learning how something like Kung Fu in virtual reality and having the ability irl. Enhanced learning programs etc.)

UndyingSLIME10295 likes this.
  6. UndyingSLIME10295

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* Hopefully, it actually happens.

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Either way, we'll be shit at it, neuroplasticity no longer allowing us to adapt to new things at such a ripe age, and a bunch of kids will walk all over us and become pro-gamers. We'll be the filthy casuals that don't log in 16 hours a day and play secondary jobs like production. Then we'll all get recruited by Qidian and become a virtual sweatshop. :blobwoah:

Baldingere likes this.
  8. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    100 years ago no one could have predicted now so let's just hope either there's a lucky breakthrough or some genius pioneers the way and gives us true VR. 2036 is a really optimistic year, like saying we'll get robots in 2036 in veryyy optimistic. Like you said I mean the fictional robots that are very human like and not the ones we have now. You can't really give a close estimate for things like those, it's usually broader like anywhere from tomorrow if we're really lucky to 80-120 years from now . Let's also be even more realistic that the first ones will be super expensive until whoever is making them gets better at it and optimizes the process to make them more affordable like with the development of computers. So add 20 years to that.