LCD Legend of the Great Saint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IRainstorm, May 6, 2017.

1. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda feel bad for the Meditative Brain King. He made the right decision by running away only to get caught because of his incompetent coworkers.

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    My boi author going pretty edgy right there... He is modelling the Dragon province to be Beijing... and the CCP and their interpretation of no Gods is being used as well... If the right government official reads the series, things may go off?

3. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just wondering who is actually older Xiao An or Li Qingshan. Because we don't know how long Xiao An spent as a ghost or how long ago she died before becoming a ghost so she might even be a lot older than him in truth.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    bro this 1000 chapter bang is so dope

Shaman Ray and DeirdreH like this.
  5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha... He really did his master dirty!

6. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since all the time she spet as a ghost there was barely any growth in her part, maybe she still tecnically younguer that him, but by now is irrelevant both of them must be 50+ by now.

7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Excellent hype building. I mtled 3 chapters. The genre vhanged to comedy. I have learned my lesson.

8. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    Press 'F' for the Light Queen.

Paps and Shaman Ray like this.
  9. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I expected her to die with a bit of a struggle, but oh well, this works too

Paps likes this.
  10. LordofDao

LordofDao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please elaborate pertaining to the bolded?

11. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    What kinda elaboration you looking for my dude? It is what it is. Mtl made me laugh and cry at the same time.

12. LordofDao

LordofDao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh ok was just confused by your initial statement but I think I understand now. It was bad to the point it changed the genre type around.

MangoGuy likes this.
  13. Titan625

Titan625 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't wait for new chapters and ended up discovering that the translation on wnmtl isn't all that much worse than the legit translation. It's astonishingly readable tbh.

14. MoYi

MoYi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to catch up to the latest chapter on this novel, read it on wnmtl. It's completely readable without any headaches afterward.

15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hosted Novel is releasing 2 chapters a day. every day. and has translated 1060 chapters thus far. If they miss a day they make up for it with a 3 chapter release the next day.
    Moreover their translation quality is fantastic. one of the best I have seen.
    Why would you punish yourself with MTL for this story? MTL should be reserved for things that are not getting translated (or whose translation rate is atrocious)

Paps, Shaman Ray and Pipipingu like this.
  16. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    The biggest problem with MTL is that names never get translated very well so it can be hard to know who is doing something.

17. MoYi

MoYi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the MTL in itself is not bad at all, if it's completely readable and your curious enough to read the remaining story, why would you not read it? If the MTL was not readable I would understand nonetheless.

18. Shaman Ray

Shaman Ray Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or who's translation it self is hot garbage, I wish Kuro no Maou's current translator was as good as LTGS. I admit the release schedule and the website are more the problem there, even if the translation are not great.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    mrttao likes this.
  19. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the mcs style at first but then the author had to force the plot with things I didn't like so I'm dropping not that I'm discouraging anyone to drop, but Xiao an becomes annoying bringing in familial attachments with people with conflicting and murderous interests to the mc the old I can't kill my wife/best friend/adoptive child's whatever parents, the strong brotherhood or friendship with the Hua guy when there's really not that deep a bond between them, him getting a master who barely taught him anything that makes up the bulk of his power (he practically did it himself ( yet also treating that master as if he did teach him every single thing he knows, saved his life etc, shows mercy to his enemies aka people trying to kill him

again I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those acts in isolation but I didn't sign up for those overused wrong kind of sickening cliches, especially his human and daemon personas. The fool also actively seeks different weapons when he doesn't need them and also has enough already. He should also stop making bets with his life for foolish reason like with that hua guy and not knowing for sure if the bird lady will rat him out. There's just so many reasons that not only force plot but thicken plot armour. It's just not as novel as before.

Mark me there are some good trash out there where you sign up for the repetitive plot and just read for fun since it's always been that way from the start of novel. But this started great and went downhill. Not as bad as MGA which is good before a certain point and then pure waste afterwards but he could do so much better as a protagonist and the author forces the plot way too much, I liked his original personality and motivations now he makes nonsensical decisions too frequently and also plot forces like the Demon God whatever, etc etc. Too bad really.

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I actually find that MTL often does names better than regular translators.
    where MTL struggles is with vague sentences and applying pronouns. like mixing up between "He attacked the MC" with "He was attacked by the MC". As well some of the more complicated sentences.

that too. on great dao commander I switched from manual translation to machine translation since the latter is better