Volcano erupted

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raven Evernight, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Cumbre Vieja volcano erupted for the first time in 50 years on Sunday.

Situated on La Palma Island, part of the Canary Islands. So far 100 homes have sadly been destroyed by lava & thousands have been evacuated B2072E34-E123-4404-AF3D-A6A3418F0CCA.jpeg A9F5A66F-814F-4983-991F-8F0E25B33E26.jpeg

2. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As tragic as this is, that bottom picture is so fucking badass

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another reason why we shouldn't put the Earth under too much strain, cause when it blows off steam... :blobfearful:

Raven Evernight likes this.
  4. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I have to wonder why we make cities near volcanoes. Like the benefits as well destruction makes it best suited to have nothing around it so that the surroundings can flourish with growth. I just simply wonder why this seems to be a trend.

Marvin likes this.
  5. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

6. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a tragedy, and we should all do everything we can to help them (which, for someone as poor as me, means thoughts and prayer...)

Also, I personally lovethis video :

7. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Same reason why we swim in the ocean where sharks live

8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    You think pretty highly of yourself and the human race. Lol. No matter what we do. The Earth will still be here. If all the nuclear weapons were to be used. The Earth will still be here. It maybe a lifeless piece of rock, but it will still be here. Waiting for the next life forms to emerge

There are many benefits living next to a volcano. Such as geothermal power. Now placing anything else near there. Maybe a little short sighted. Other than that everyone loves seeing nature’s awesome power. Personally, if I were to build something close by a volcano. I’d build concrete canals and walls. I can see putting a hotel looking over a volcano maybe a little interesting. I mean if people stay at a hotel made of ice. Why not a volcano. Just saying. Than again that might be asking for trouble. Lol

9. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    When did I say anything about the Earth not being there? Though if we are to make the argument that 'Earth' is a human name assigned to whatever the thing that we live on, then technically, the 'Earth' might not be there when humans are gone; it's our language system that assigns meanings, or at least the only type of meaning we will ever know. That said, I just pointed out how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things that something like a hiccup on the Earth's part can cause massive devastation to our much vaunted 'civilization'. Therefore, we should try not add to the already present natural disasters by creating man made ones, too, and generally play nice so that we get to extend our stay on this planet.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    If this was a cultivation world....

there would have been some vermilion youngling crawling out of that crater...

Experts all over the world would gather to capture the legendary beast...

But wait! ...

There's a barrier over the region! No one above nascent are able to enter!! Could it be the work of the adult vermilions?!

Wait! Then I who has been stuck in nascent over the centuries can finally reap ! Nobody in my realm is my match!

Heavens have finally chosen me!!

My time has come to Dominate the world !!

seemanta and Raven Evernight like this.
  11. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    To tell you the truth. When I was very young. I had an enlightenment. At the time it was all the rage on helping the Earth and pollution (don’t get me wrong. I still believe we should play an active role in saving the environment). I realize I didn’t need to save the Earth. That the world will still be here. Centuries after I died. That’s why I’m so fired up about this topic. I do apologize for my confrontational attitude. With that being said. Allow me to vent a little.

You miss what I was implying. What I am pointing out is that no matter what you do we can’t put a “strain” on the Earth.
    I also was not implying the Earth not being there. I am saying is the Earth will always be there and nothing we do will change that.
    As to a name. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" by William Shakespeare. A name does not make an object. In fact there have been many case of different names for the same thing or even different languages, but in the end it’s still the same object.
    A name does not change the object. It is what it is. I guess a better name would be the rock that was Earth instead.
    We both agree we are insignificant to the grand scheme of things. But than you add on us having enough influence to make it worse. So which is it?

otaku31 likes this.
  12. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because islands are formed where volcanoes are. They also are fertilized from the ash.

These lead to bigger growth and developed into cities as more people lived there.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  13. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't they have fertile soil? As long as know know they won't explode, it's fine.

14. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Arsehole comment considering the situation

16. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Enough influence to make it worse for ourselves and other lifeforms present on Earth, here and now. Pls reread the last line of my second post. And I feel I should point out that any name you use for Earth, be it interplanetary rock, our world, planet, object, etc all belong to the language system, though l said it as a joke more than anything else. The Earth also carries the meaning of the 'world we live in' (dictionary definition, not mine), so in a way, the planet, rock whatever you call it, is perceived often in relation to its lifeforms and not be as detached as one might be led to believe. As Shakespeare quotes, "By any other name... "; who would be there to name it if not us?

P.S. I understood exactly what you were implying the first time around, but I have a feeling my joke went right over your head. Did I really have to clarify it was a hyperbole, that I was writing, poetically, so to speak, rather than scientifically? I mean, why that leap of logic from 'strain' to 'end of the world'?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Cutter Masterson likes this.
  17. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw volcano pics and thought they're cool, missed the text somehow.