Spoiler The Making of a Princess (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by KathyClysm, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    5th prince would be creepy as it'd feel like a power imbalance kinda relationship and because of the age aspect. She might be a good "big sis" that can lead him right, but not seeing good love interest.

4th Prince is a quiet boi apparently, don't care if he's a good guy though, I'd rather the whole family fall from power and suffer as they made her suffer.

As for the Abandoned Empress,
    it's a bit more complicated, he actually didn't kill her father in the first timeline, the father was still alive, she just thought he was dead cause Ruve made her think that. He definitely was a piece of shit. And, yea, I hate that she ends up with him. It's terrible writing. Even if he IS a better person in the second time line (cause Duke Jenna isn't manipulating and poisoning him, btw, that's another shitty trope in chinese and korean stories, poisons that alter a person's state of mind/personality), from Tia's perspective, she's got serious PTSD that's entirely related to him. No one with PTSD will end up with the person that is the trigger/cause of that PTSD willingly.

Writer gotta get better imo.

Oh, I guess I'll give a bit more of spoilers for Abandoned Empress
    Ruve apparently didn't want to execute Tia and was hoping her father would save her/be the deciding factor to forego the execution, but because of the deal/magic/whatever with the Monique family and the Imperial family, Tia's father couldn't. So Tia's father in first timeline had to watch his own daughter be executed... though after that Ruve basically lost the support of all the three big major houses and the empire basically fell to ruin and, yea, he sucked... poor Jieun had to suffer a lot though after Tia's death which is why she's back and pissed in the current story/new timeline

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Yume-sama, Ice_Rose and KathyClysm like this.
  2. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the 5th prince more as in she's like a hot mid-30ies lady and he's in his early 20ies kinda thing. She already has the silver hair, she probably wouldn't look all that different lol

And yes, all of the yes, to the Abandoned Empress stuff. Literally the worst ending to any story I have ever read, and I've been reading manga/manhwa/novels for almost 20 years now.

3. dance_monkey

dance_monkey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers please
    Anyone!!
    rows stopped at (chapter11)

4. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    is this even based off a novel? I can't find the novel it's based off of if so. Might be an original manhua.

5. tofuchan

tofuchan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't find any raws nor novel references, anyone find anything on this?

6. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Went thro Raws of Manhwa (44) and just puked at it.

yep they are pushing FL x the person who didnt do much, just murdered her father, made her a slave, abused her, had her almost killed due to northern politics ( chap 20ish , she is kidnapped by love rival and then tortured, limbs almost cut off, head bashed, bones breaken)

what a lovable story.

For all the Family Virtue chinese people practice, these manhuas are pretty garbage making the woman spread legs"willingly" for the person who murders their whole family.

anyway there are no raws, this crap is original webcomic.
    https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/5919/ are the raws, latest 3 chaps are locked rest are not.

Just posting for someone in future to not suffer, dropped the garbage on ep 1 for myself.

Yume-sama, Le_Tired, Rika77 and 3 others like this.
  7. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  8. tofuchan

tofuchan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Re: Went thro Raws of Manhwa (44) and just puked

Ok, thanks.
    BUT.
    I haven't read to chapter 20 yet, so while I appreciate commentary and respect your opinion, I am still saddened by the gist of the information presented aka spoiler for me...
    And
    It may be true about the ML & FL in the future; however, you maybe didn't read the part about FL actions and personality prior to her capture. She's pretty awful.

9. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    ...and? FL being awful is having her punsihed. Cool with me, nothing wrong.
    FL simping for the man, who KILLED her father you know an actually loving father to FL and not those my daughter is a item for trade one, Destroyed her kingdom, Ruined her whole life.

But nah, its good because he is hot and had whatever reason he had.

Who cares if my father is rolling in his grave.

10. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    What a massive disappointment I totally called coming.... wonder when writers will stop sucking with the same cliches.

11. max2payne0

max2payne0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to defend the prince (all of them?) even though I don't see me folowing this story. Bottom line is, her dad was a tyrant, she was also a terrible person. I'm not saying it justifies anything, but when a tyrant is taken down, everyone in his family line would be killed, right? Jax didn't kill her, because of his father's wish to let her live. I don't see him torturing her, she became a maid, and of course because of her lowered status, and because of previous actions by her and her father while she was still a princess, would not endear people to her. Also, if he just let her go, she had nothing and no one. Civilians nearly killed her when she appeared in front of them. If she's going to take back her rightful place, she will be undergoing a lot of humiliation and it'll be a struggle to get people to follow her.

The ml didn't personally kill her family, but he did support the rebellion against her father. It was mentioned in one chapter that he was hanged by his own slave?
    But her position is already quite okay, she can rise up if she doesn't buckle under the struggle. In her current situation, not being left to the citizens who clearly want her head for her father's actions is already quite good, she might have been imprisoned or just killed, but then we wouldn't have a story. For the daughter of a fallen tyrant, she's in a better position than most I've seen because she's free to do whatever she wants. It would be one thing if the ml killed her parents for no reason, but I bet this was a plot by the uncle (current acting king of the north?) and the citizens were in full support because her dad wasn't a good king. So this part, it's not personal, it's politics, so I have nothing against him personally, but I just cant see this writing doing a good romance between the two of them justice. Because it is a nice idea, I read something with a similar premise and I was both happy, and not happy with how it ended (a man enslaved from kingdom A, the royal family of kingdom B is all trash besides one, the youngest. Prisoner humiliated, beaten up, barely given human rights. Since he lost his family he gets revenge and kills royal family of kingdom B, but had romantic developments with the youngest prince, who now becomes his slave but is treated way better. The kid knew his family was in the wrong so he couldn't even get angry. Prince A and prince B still end up together, but the resolution was too anticlimactic for me.)

I have read stories where the fl fell for the ml who took everything away from her that are mostly BS, but the idea does have potential (to be a really angsty, dramatic epic). But considering the material is Chinese, I hesitate to trust it since all their straight tories have the same tropes with fl and ml falling in love for no reason other than looks/riches.

babayagu and HaruhiCake like this.
  12. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you the summary, I hate this kind of story so I don't read it.

13. Anastrisha

Anastrisha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl felt a bit disappointed, I thought it was gonna be the scheming and revenge type not the doki doki type. Thankfully I check the spoilers, before considering to invest myself.

On another note, I'm confused why people dissing out CN stories just because of this story...? I get it, there are numerous Chinese dogblood stories but most of them were intentionally made dogblood for those who are into dogblood (they do exist and thriving). If we go with the average chinese novels cater to the general public, they don't really do this -especially for the romance one, as they usually try to make this very perfect to the point of nonexistent ML.

This story, Making of a Princess tho, I don't think it was made with dogblood readers in mind as it would or should had been more angst (maximizing and capitalising the "I like you but you" blah blah), it seems it's genuinely trying to look like a political scheming with bit of romance type but it's ruining it self (for me) with its doki doki romance.

Well this is just my opinion and observations though, would like to see others opinion on it. ^^

14. amin882

amin882 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS NONSENSE.
    The MC makes a new kingdom on the shitty land. The ML lead fucking dies, and everyone else has a happy ending. Well, Cecil this asswipe girl dies during childbirth, but honestly I didn't really care about them.

Yume-sama, lila_cerullo and Le_Tired like this.
  15. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you joking? I always thinked the father was dead :confused: