Resolved Why are novels translated by WuxiaWorld only list part of the chapters?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by MyRAMEN, Sep 22, 2021.

1. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: Got this answered... but now I have another question / confuzlement. https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...emoved-while-others-only-contain-part.135577/
    Also understand that now^

I understand why WebNovel later chaps are not listed because it is pay to read chaps, but what about Wuxiaworld? I haven't read a novel on that site in a while, probably because only now did I notice that not all chaps are listed on NU... Making me think the novel was dropped by translator, in turn making me not read... but, don't u only need to make an account to read later chaps on wuxiaworld? Idk if they have paid chaps now when translating, but they didn't used to at least Not sure if all wuxiaworld novels are like this now... but I would assume so as I have not read one from that site in a long while.

Why did NU implement this policy?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... er... what? You can look up Wuxiaworld novels from here. Just try Keyboard Immortal, it's a WW novel and it shows up just fine.

3. Sirusblue

Sirusblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworld did implement the paywall, but only for the finished novels or complete translated novels. They rotated finished novel to be free in a fixed intervals. Two at a time. All the ongoing one is free

aShinyVaporeon and MyRAMEN like this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    wxw completed stuff has a paywall.

The rule was already a thing way before the qidian drama. Not sure if it was from day 1, but the rule has basically always existed.

5. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading on this site before Webnovel had pay walls (I think back then only most recent chaps required pay) and Wuxiaworld was free and didn't require having an account to read.

I meant that not all chaps, so only some chaps are posted on NU, at least from what I noticed when I posted this on forums

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it used to be that way. Now that isnt the case:sushi_sigh:

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe if you said what novels you're talking about, people would know wtf you're talking about @MyRAMEN

AliceShiki, LaDyViL and runsing like this.
  8. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    One, actually. Every 3 months, IINM.

upload_2021-9-22_13-53-45.png

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  9. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ? I was just talking about generally. There's no need to be toxic. Like a normal human being would ask "What novel(s)". I get u might just be having a bad day... so anyways... I looked it up as u r a staff member, and assuming you'd want a list. It appears some novels get up to date or somewhat up to date posts on NU, but others do not. Someone else earlier actually answered me why, as the post was more of a question... and they said that it was because completed novels become paid, and there is also a paid system now on that site which I did not know about as I have not gone there n a while. And I'd assume that is why. If you read or skimmed the posts you would've known :/ I did a quick search for u, and some examples I found are:

Battle through Heaven's
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood
    Imperial God Emperor

However, when I just did the search, I also noticed that some of the completed WuxiaWorld novels actually no long have any chaps listed on NU. One example being: The Desolate Era.

Though I could understand if there's a paywall now on that site, but now I'm confused as some completed books only list some chaps while others had them completely removed from the site...

10. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Posted another post a few hours ago, and I understood why completed novels don't have all chaps now, as there is a paywall now on wuxiaworld (haven't been to the site in a while), but when I replied to a toxic staff member asking for novels, unless he wasn't actually asking... I noticed that some of these novels actually have their chaps completely removed. One example is The Desolate Era. Another is Coiling Dragon. I'm almost possitive those were translated by wuxia, but now all chaps by wuxia were removed. I would list more examples of these, but I'm not 100% sure of other novels. And it's hard to remember when it's been a few years/months. Maybe some older readers can call out more though.

Some examples of my original question, on why some wuxiaworld novels only contain some chaps, but not up to translation, are:

Battle through Heaven's
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood
    I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Imperial God Emperor

That was just with a quick search, and I'm sure there's a couple more out there. Now I understand why the completed novel chaps get removed as apparently it becomes a paywall now once completed, but why do some books get all chaps deleted? I'm confused.

11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    aren't those the ones that have a conflict with qidian for licensing?

MyRAMEN likes this.
  12. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I still feel that one of those site links should be posted though so new readers wouldn't assume there's no chaps :/

13. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same thing happened to WW's korean novels.

14. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    they got Dcma? Dmca? Idk

15. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why you should've start by saying the novel name, that way ppl reading your post could've pinpoint the issue and explain appropriately.

desolate era - fyi, the chapter are still listed, 18 of them, of which are free (as not needing a payment), just they're not under credited under Wuxiaworld group name. but the links still go to ww, however.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-desolate-era/?pg=96#myTable

Coiling dragon. yes, it was translated by wuxiaworld, as the first novel on that site. however, it hasn't been accessible for free for years.
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/announcement/official-coiling-dragon-live-on-kindle

Battle through Heaven's - 100 'free' chapters are still listed
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood - same as above
    I Shall Seal the Heavens - same as above
    Imperial God Emperor - same as above with an addition of 18 chapters by Foxteller

Long story short, only freely accessible (as in not needing to pay) chapters are publicly listed* on NU. the policy has been in effect for years now.

*actually all of them are still listed, just you won't be able to view them. we keep the links for archiving purposes, and for events like 'free read rotation' in which 1 or 2 completely translated novels are 'opened; for free reading by WW

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same thing, just a follow up post. Threads merged. Usually I don't post when merging threads but here I am so @Parth37955 don't get blamed.
    FYI, most of the staffs don't like to reply to posts that want us to guess what the OP is talking about. His post is not toxic, he voiced what I would have wanted to post in how own words.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well his post was toxic, the wording was pretty obvious, not sure how that could be blown off as not toxic. It's like someone doing sexual harassment and others blowing it off as something else. Or bullies claiming to be joking when confronted. Yeah I get the guys prob your friend, but how can u defend that as not toxic when it is blatantly obvious. I get that the guy might just be having a bad day, but when u guys step up for him like this, it just presents that it is instead your company's work ethic, and not one person's circumstances. I'm honestly surprised NU even hires people like that, though I'm guessing the pay isn't that much in the first place if u guys get paid, so kinda figures ig. At the very least you guys were better back then :/

18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think he's toxic then you're as toxic as him. Pot, kettle. Don't do what you don't want others to do to you.
    As for why we're still "hired" and our meager "pay", you can voice your complaint to the boss who owns this "company" so he can fire us or cut our "pay".

Sheesh.

Ral and AliceShiki like this.
  19. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was a normal response considering you left out a lot of information, not including the fact that there are 2 Wuxia World sites so they definitely need examples to figure out which one you are referring to.

PS: You're not supposed to edit opening posts so that people reading later can get what the topic is about. Editing it causes all the following posts to be out of context.

runsing likes this.
  20. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I edited was to add a link to another post which I think got merged into this, I even put "edit:". I did that so people who click on the old post would go to the new one, because the question was somewhat different. I also put resolved tag on the post when the staff guy replied so no more people go to / try to answer the post when it was answered, as I had forgot to put the tag.

Yeah I got pretty tilted that day, as u could see by what I put. This also happened 6 months ago... And to be fair, if u re-read all of the post again, u would've seen why I put that. If you are trying to discredit me, at least provide the full story :/

Here's the link to whoever wants to actually read what happened
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...-chapters-that-are-linked-to-webnovel.124461/

I don't know how to QUOTE so just click ^ if u wish to see evidence, but if you want a general summary, basically I thought NU functioned like a Wiki at the time, as I know u could add chaps, edit tags, et cetera. I never used forums before, so didn't know there was actual staff that is responsible for the more crucial stuff, like deleting chaps. What I thought happened, was some random person on the internet had big hate issues against WebNovel, and was deleting every time a Chap was posted on NU.

If you want the background story to what made me post... it's been half a year... so I'm not 100% sure if this was the event that finally made me go to forums to make a post to try to tell people behind the site this was happening (as I didn't know how to contact them), but I'm pretty sure it was when I decided to read Absolute Great Teacher on WN, and a couple weeks later I looked it up on NU, and it had 0 chapters from WN. Maybe 2 weeks later I noticed there still was no chaps, so I thought that whoever used to post links for WN chaps stopped once the vote for which novel will get picked together with trial reads came out, as most of the time the novels won't be translated. I really liked this novel, so I decided to post links to the chaps on NU, as I wanted more readers to come as if not enough readers read the novel as WN always drops it later if so. 2ish days later all the chaps I posted were removed. This was what made me think someone was abusing the wiki function of NU to delete chaps of WN. This was why I went toxico as I didn't know it was just a new policy that I noticed pretty late (or maybe was always 1 but didn't notice as WN used to have like all free chaps but most recent essentially). I think the reason the chaps I put were deleted was prob because some were pay, and that I was "new" as I am not a translator, and have never done that before. Some1 prob noticed there was a pay chap, and maybe reported, causing all chaps to be taken down as the mod decided not to check. Or maybe the links didn't work or were to wrong Chap? I tested a few but maybe there were some that were bugged. I also remember that when I posted, many novels by WN had 0 chaps linked, but at the time I thought it was just whoever used to post the links no longer did it until the chaps I linked had all disappeared. I also posted about this problem on WN forums.

It's ironic how u said to treat people how u want to be treated, which I try to do more so than others. My post asking about wuxiaworld chaps wasn't toxic. Your coworker went toxic. Why would I treat him nice? I'm sorry you don't want people to speak up when u go toxic. As for the 6 month old post u pulled out, I went toxic because I thought it was some random jerk on the internet abusing the wiki abilities, which let u edit the site without verification/responsibility. Ig it's more correct to say I treat people how they treat me.

Finally... this is separate from this post, but since u brought the topic up, regardless that u didn't link to the actual post,, I do think that paid chaps should also be posted on NU. Pretty annoying to not know which novels on some translation sites are actually being updated, not having new chaps posted on NU also essentially removes them from rankings. I also get that its aggrevating when u get into a book on to find out u need to pay for chaps to keep reading. Maybe just have a tag or warning for novels that are translated by sites that will require u to pay, that way novels r still up to date, and for readers who r willing they will be able to see it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021