LCD The Villain Wants to Live

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Aug 28, 2021.

1. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer this kind of harem where the girls are just in unrequited love and he doesnt notice,(am not a fan of Polygamy). I prefer him choosing only one. Lia(yoo-ara) is out since the girl is the one who broke up with him first and Julie is also out since MCs feelings are manipulated due to Desculane. I prefer Sylvia having love-hate feelings makes her similar to Chae Nayun in The Novel's Extra which someone I rooted for. Her gray colored world gain Color as she studies under him then curiosity leads to him being her muse then as she observes she falls in love. Minus points for not having another Male character with significant role. Pretty much most of them are harem members.

Am_elf likes this.
  2. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    Sincerely i quite disliked Chae Nayun... She was a good character at the start the development was good when she started to hate MC but later it simply became a bothersome love-hate indecisive girl with a very strong obsession and psychotic behavior... Not to mention that she had to shit on everything at the epilogue and make an agreement which probably would spoil everything everyone did...

I would much rather avoid another dose of that

Actually there are quit e alot of female characters which doesn't have a thing for him, it's just that they are pretty minor characters or people which will probably fall for him later, it's like the author simply doesn't bother to give screen time to characters which aren't romantic interests

Examples being:
    Epherene's friend
    Arlos
    The girl on the Ganesha Party
    The other knight girl which is teaching the Queen
    The assassin girl that is working under Deculain
    The "police" department head which is related to red box
    The tower chairwoman
    There is at least 1 other woman teacher at the tower

neuxxx and Blitz like this.
  3. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in Ending Maker, there's only 8? 10? possible choices for MC. From what we've seen, the game in the Villain Wants to Live has at least hundreds of "Named" characters... I suppose it could be like the Sims games where they turn into NPCs when you don't play them and dynamically make decisions based on traits and RNG.

4. Feralis

Feralis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is an offline game with a fixed hero? I thought it was an online game where the hero is the customized character of each player.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  5. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of curiosity, I know this author like to commission pic for his characters, any news on this for this novel? He wasn’t exactly description heavy this time around.

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    is the little sister a "demon blood"?
    is euphrene not the dead assistant's daughter?

7. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one getting the feeling that there is a great tragedy surrounding the character Deculein that (for now) only the original one was aware off fully?
    The further we go, the less things seems as simple as they first appeared.

8. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    everything in his life is tradegy

9. greeeed

greeeed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check second page or was it first page?

Arlos likes this.
  10. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This author like to hide things in the details, and I’v always kept in mind this from the first chapter:
    « Of course, Lane said that there was a little twist to this character, but did he mean the fact that I’d possess this guy……..?»

Also, Deculein originally had the Trait « Broken »

Another things that I find suspicious is the picture of his Assistant with his daughter, he was clearly unable to come into contact with her or his family once he was with Deculein, that mean the picture was from before the whole thesis debacle; why was he stiff and rigid in it then? Is the Thesis the real reason he died, and did the thing actually go as we’ve been described? We’ve been told that this was absolutely what happened for a while now, enough to take it as truth, but what we have is at best second hand account.

A few things suspicious about his family; The father clearly treated Deculein like garbage, so why does nothing of this appear in Yeriel narration? Why did his Talent suddenly disappear at 10 years old?

What pop up in mind when I think of this is Glitheon description of how he was brought up; Particularly the part about killing his best friend.

There is also the whole Julie things, that may or may not put the whole things before into perspective. (He might have just been an ass, he was still a villain afterall :p)

There is a great tragedy surrounding this character, I can smell it.

Thanks you

Tech is life likes this.
  11. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure all female characters here are one or other flavor of tsundere and have love-hate relationships with the MC. So they're all based on Chae Nayun.

One reviewer said:
    >This novel begins to fall apart around chapter 120. And by fall apart, I mean destroying everything that you had just read for 120 chapters. The best way I can relate this feeling is if you read a romance novel, just to find out 120 chapters in that it was actually NTR
    Someone please please spoils me, what happened around chapter 120?

12. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean this author has consistently written an excellent Act I to his stories and then his novels reach a point where it all just goes to hell and he seems to forget what made the novel good. It still tends to be a fun ride. So I guess chapter 120 is the point for this novel according to other sources? We shall see.

Likewise I disagree with every female character being a flavor of Chae Nayun. For starters they're all better written than Chae Nayun ever was (even Epherene who is the closest written to Chae Nayun.) Julia for instance isn't a tsundere at all. She wants to love Deculien, but Deculien has horribly burned her in the past and she's afraid these changes are just another act. Sylvia isn't a tsundere either. She recognizes her feelings, but is confused by her conflicting obligations. She knows she wants Deculien, but has conflicting emotions about her mother's death, her father's feud with Deculien, and her own future with magic. She's not sure what the right decision is. And she's also socially awkward overall. The rest of the female characters all have legitimate reasons to hate Deculien and are reassessing what they knew in the past with what they are observing of his current actions. The only one I would maybe label a tsundere is Yeriel, but even that is tempered by the fact that she has very legitimate reasons to be angry with Deculien.

Bielt, Arlos and TRIBAL2199 like this.
  13. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s really just her mother death, she seemed pretty much ready to brush off the Yukline/Illiade feud, and she really believed being under deculein would be the best path forward to progress in magic. (She’s both wrong and right, as he is now he is most likely top tiers in Theory, but extremely lacking in Intuition)
    And we know her father lied about her mother death to some extent….

14. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know whats up with the way current premium chapters done for this novel? (With active translations) I thought it was a crowdsourcing type of deal but it doesn't seem to work sometimes.

15. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully nope
    Most of them are quite far of Chae Nayun, love-hate relationship doesn't make them close to be like Nayun, because Nayun was obsessive and indecisive

Till now the girls on this novel look more like either have too many scars cause by original Deculain to actually believe he changed or are totally confused about him, take Epherene for example, she hates him because of what her father's letters say but is wavering because everything she has seen since she met Deculain indicates that he isn't nearly as bad as the letters painted

I would recommend you to take reviews with a grain of salt, they are widely subjective things, i highly doubt something like NTR or something so drastic will happen
    It's probably just a change of flow in the novel, I mean while the author does have a history of dropping the novel quality from mid to the end of the novel, the reviews often exaggerate on how big of an quality drop it was.

16. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder when he will present his research which is based off the work of Epherene's dad. At the start of the novel it was said that he had to present his research in 6 months. Hasn't it been that long already? I haven't exactly been keeping track, but it sure seems that way to me.

17. RealSaMu

RealSaMu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh.
    Yoonha reborn?

18. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    I more curious his mother and his fiance dead. This is the most drastic change why he become villian.

The more i read Deculien and MC are not assimilate or fuse each other.

19. Feralis

Feralis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People that easily use NTR as justification for their opinion are often not worth of attention or just trolls, take Nana to Kaoru for example, for some reason there are people that claim that there's NTR but as anyone that have read that manga knows, there's 0% NTR in AMAZUME Ryuta works. The author of the Villain wants to live is infamous for drop the quality of his works at some point tho, maybe the story loses cohesion or continuity errors appear?

animefan4004 likes this.
  20. Goldoire

Goldoire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if spoilers are allowed in the LCD but here goes.

I diagree with a few things the review says, but what they're talking about is probably the development of Deculein's relationship with Julie. Julie is the only person who Deculein actually shows any romantic interest in, but starting somewhere around 120, he decides that for her to grow and become stronger, she has to hate him. So he starts a plot with Julie's sister to make her hate him by destroying her knights order, etc. This should continue until she hates him enough to want to kill him, according to Deculein's plans.The interpretation is based on how you look at it. Some people call it tragedic romance, others like the reviewer call it NTR. It kinda sucks as they were getting development slowly, but it feels like it all has to be reverted to an even worse state.

Am_elf and Edy3 like this.