Recommendations Advise a dark and hard novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by mikola7946, Sep 23, 2021.

1. mikola7946

mikola7946 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Advise something similar to The Dark King. The novel is just as dark and hard. For those who have not read, I will briefly describe the initial chapters of the book.
    The MC was framed and sent to prison. At first he was tortured, beaten with lashes, sticks, a very sharp thorn was injected into his back, the pain was so strong that the MC even screamed in despair. Then he was taken to a cell, at first the prisoners wanted to rape him, but he barely fought back, simultaneously breaking a couple of bones for himself and others. After he recovered a little, the MC cut off the "third leg" of the one who wanted to rape him and gouged out his eyes with his own fingers. And this is just the beginning of the novel, the MC gradually goes crazy, and much more terrible things happen.
    I have not read a book on this topic before, so please advise something similar:aww:
    Sorry for my bad Enlgish.

Kyonio likes this.
  2. The_Essay_Writer

The_Essay_Writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a bit confused, nothing of what you spoke happens in the initial chapters.
    I have read this novel, at least a portion of it, and there wasn't any indication of stuff like what you described happening if it indeed does I may have to pick it up again. Also please tell me from which chapter onwards do such development occur

3. mikola7946

Reading List:
    Link
    Beginning with chapter 142, you probably forgot. It's not really a start, but it's just that I usually read novels with 1000-2000 chapters, so for me this is the beginning.

4. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    ANonMouse likes this.
  5. Exalted

Exalted Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Prince of the osary

Despapa69 likes this.
  7. mikola7946

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is good, but it doesn't fit. Since the MC there is simply without feelings, he does everything rationally, but I'm looking for a crazy main character.

Kyonio likes this.
  8. Exalted

Exalted Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fang Yuan is not emotionless but okay. If you want crazy look at Dungeon Defense.

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  9. mikola7946

Reading List:
    Link
    He is emotionless as he is a born devil who does not feel anything. Not anger, not joy, nothing. He only does everything based on profit.
    Didn't read Dungeon Defense, thanks for the recommendation.

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    While he currently is emotionless, but he wasn't born a "devil" with no capability of emotions...he's just old..very old and finds it hard to take anything emotionally other than his goal of reaching eternity.

I mean just try to quantify the stuff he has gone through, that bugger has lived through every type of hero tropes - saving damsels, falling in love, betrayal, desperation, etc... And on repeats nonetheless (most probably).

If you've read long enough you'll realise he isn't immune to emotion targeted attacks...I won't spoil anything more.

Rec - soul of necakary...
    God Of Slaughter

11. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
    The most suitable novel that came to my mind after reading the description was
    He Who Fights Monsters
    It has comedic conversations, but that is just to mellow out the fact that what is happening around him is very dark and hard
    You just need to read the first 10 chapters to realise that.

12. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
  13. mikola7946

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I remember, I wanted to read it, but the description pushed me away. It says that the MC wants to be kind, and I, on the contrary, want an evil MC. Can you tell if he will be a good or evil protagonist?

14. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    I can tell you he is both

Its a slow burner novel but every chapter has almost got an info dump which will be kinda easy to follow

15. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a Scarecrow and the Demon Lord of Terror!

Crazy and evil mc

16. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28687/the-last-science-se
    Dark kinda but the correct word is tragic. Hard, yes. The story of The Last Science is closer to like published novels than most common free stories you find on internet. It's dramatic action so there is more drama between every single characters, most characters are unique in their flaws, background story and aspiration. When action start it will always fascinating, intriguing and kinda terrifying when you realize the body count of victims and the wide scale impact.The quote that might fit for the story is "There's few wars between good and evil. Most of the time are battle between one good and another good".

17. The_Essay_Writer

The_Essay_Writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Soul of Negary
    The MC is like fang yuan but nerfed in the intelligence department and has a god complex
    Keep in mind that some outlandish stuff happens in beginning but if you power through the payoff is incredible

18. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phillip Pullman's His Dark Material trilogy, maybe? I read & own it, mistaken it to be more/less early HP or Percy Jackson equivalent, only to find it was darker than what it's first appeared