Discussion Empty

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Sep 24, 2021.

?

Have you ever had thoughts like these?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

4. Other, please specify in a comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, Mr Popo here XD

So, I was wondering, about void, you know emptiness and infinity, I mean such concepts that we are familiar with or maybe heard of in some context or another, but they don't actually exist, like think about it, when we say void or emptiness, first thing that comes to mind is probably something that is empty like space or maybe air or something like a vacant room or the like but those are not really empty per se, for example, space is made of matter so it isn't empty there is always something like atoms and the like around, which makes me think, what is true emptiness, like what it would be like for there to be nothing, absolutely nothing that can actually be called void or empty, like how it would truly be like or look like, how would nothingness look like XD?

2. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Space is not made of matter. It will look just like space. Space has a few particles scattered around, but mostly it is empty. And we can't see those particles, so for us it will look same whether they are there or not.

3. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothingness is generally shown as white space or dark space or universe . (U know in anime) but we humans can't survive because if we stay there along time
    then nothingness starts to choke us, we feel ringing sound in our ears,and headache.

Some facts about space which ppl may think of as nothingness~~

Outer space is not completely empty—it is a hard vacuum containing a low density of particles, predominantly a plasma of hydrogen and helium, as well as electromagnetic radiation, magnetic fields, neutrinos, dust, and cosmic rays.

Space is not empty. A point in outer space is filled with gas, dust, a wind of charged particles from the stars, light from stars, cosmic rays, radiation left over from the Big Bang, gravity, electric and magnetic fields, and neutrinos from nuclear reactions.

4. Aki Aki

Reading List:
    Link
    We explode because of low pressure

5. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Human body cannot withstand it and so we need special suits.
    That would be possible (without suits)if we were some high level cultivators (─.─||)

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean what would it look like? It'd look like nothing.

"Empty" space is probably close enough. Not like you can see anything microscopic.

7. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    There being particles scattered around, means that space is a vessel of somesort, so space itself while being called empty, it isn't actually so, besides, our world is a world of matter not anti matter, so what is separating the two, space XD?

Low pressure, particles and such that would produce or result in somesort of reaction/heat/color/ means that there is something there producing that result or effect (like the space vacuum), so, again, space is not emptiness XD

Something microscopic doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, that is why emptiness is just a concept and I am asking what it would truly look like XD

MarshmallowAddiction likes this.
  8. Kwitseo

Kwitseo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once the universe enters a state known as heat death, then it will be completely empty: no particles, no light, no matter. Nothing. Not even energy.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  9. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This question reminds of a video about a spongebob episode where squidward experienced existential nihilism (or something like that)

10. Aki Aki

Reading List:
    Link
    The particles are so scattered that you can see the gap between them with naked eyes. That is the void. Even if it is a small void.

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, you're asking what it would look like. I'm telling you it would look the same to you. You can't see any of the things that make space - not - empty, ergo, as far as it - looks -, empty space and a true void are utterly indistinguishable to you.

12. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Void is where the universe expands to.

Void is where the universe expands to.

13. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this void that can't be seen, is it made from something XD?
    Yes they can't be seen, if they can't be seen how do you know they the same, utterly indistinguishable to me doesn't necessaarily mean there is nothing or empty per se XD

14. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't explode. It'll just suck the air out of your lungs, makng you lose consciousness after about 15 seconds. you won't freeze either and can be rescued for ~30 seconds without major damage (source)

When it comes to emptiness and concepts of infinity look up mathematics - fun stuff. Examples:
    You can count all fractions, thus they are countable. But not the real numbers (fractions + the gaps between them, i.e. pi), they are uncountable.
    The empty set has every feature, except for having an element.
    And you can even create a universe (Grothendieck Universe) from nothing (empty set) using mathematics.

15. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    I think vacuum. If u truly want nothingness~~ but not sure~

16. Aki Aki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for letting me know~! I thought that the blood pressure is enough to do so.

17. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also surprised when I first found out. I initially thought that your blood would start boiling and looked it up just in case I misremembered (btw, it does boil)

18. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the example but that is not what I am asking, let me try to express this differently, how would you truly and purely represent the number 0, an empty universe doesn't have the same meaning as no universe

19. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    There's just... nothing? Like you wouldn't have eyes so you couldn't see it!! There'd just be infinite darkness- or light, depending on how you look at it! And you wouldn't feel anything, you'd just be... not there. You know?

20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine a series in which he was the mc, like in better call saul, better call popo
    [​IMG]
    Fun fact in german popo means butt. So this badass is mr ass.
    [​IMG]