Discussion Bad TikTok Challenges

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lissi, Sep 22, 2021.

1. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    All planned by the Chinese government to ruin the youths in foreign countries

Szara likes this.
  2. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember someone lost her legs in a train rail jumping challenge back when we didn't even have household internet. ended up beinig hounded by amputee fetishists.... very strange

3. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people want to get famous and hit the next biggest trend. Reminds me of viral pranks, some of them ridiculously got out of hand. Technically this catching the trend happens on many platforms, but tiktok probably needs to step up and remove challenges people create that can cause harm or injury from its platform. Otherwise it allows encouragement for stupidity. Those people shouldn't hide behind an excuse that they just did it for a challenge either and pay for whatever damages they made; unbelievable how stupid they are.

Patriarch and Mr. Tired like this.
  4. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone stole a toilet seat at our school…and the wall of a school building…??? :confusedcatblob:

From what I heard, they got caught because they posted it on Snapchat. :derpyblob:

Patriarch likes this.
  5. Zazaisme

Zazaisme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think social media isn't all the wrong side, is the one who use it for bad cause. They dont know/ care/ realize that their video will be watched by many people (in all span of age) and it will influence them to try it too (unconsiously or not).

Social media is just a tool, wether it is used to do bad thing or good thing, that will depend on the user...

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of the bad things in the recent years.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  6. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was in high school, the trend was to set off Axe bombs in the bathrooms. Luckily, none of the girls at my school wore Axe or were stupid enough to attempt arson, so the bathrooms I used were relatively safe, but I can’t imagine how many guys from my high school would have arson charges on their record if security cameras were installed back then. Honestly, as bad as these “devious licks” are, at least they’re not deadly :cookie:

7. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I fucking hate it some kid stole the sink . I was like what, why, and how. Now they keep stealing stuff. The people did it is unknown well not to the students. The students literally tell the teachers they know who did it. But like not once have the teachers asked who did it to the kids who know. Half of time I don’t think they really care >>. My sister told me a story about someone trying to steal the fire alarm and accidentally setting it off. She talked about everyone panicking and it’d being chaos . Also now I have to walk across the school to go to the bathrooms.

8. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That is true as well. At end of day its just a platform. It depends on the users of the platform, especially the top influencers. Thu sometimes the platform does need step in just a bit to stop it from going too overboard.

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, encouraging the practices is a problem. Especially in the case of kids who are easily impressionable. Even a nice kid can do stupid things due to the pressure of their peers.

And let us be honest, social media is happy this stuff exists cause it helps get them traffic.

Now I am not in the camp of trying to hold social media accountable for every little thing an idiot does. But they can do a lot more to prevent these kind of things with little effort. but they don't cause it would hurt their traffic.

10. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Bring back the Good o'l Corporal Punishments! :blobhero:

11. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    We have an extreme conspiracy theorist at hand here :blobpeek:

12. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    my favorite show is Ancient Aliens. You have no idea how embroiled I am in conspiracy theories.

13. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    How tf-…Nani?

14. Patriarch

Patriarch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not impossible though lol

When I was in highschool the worst they did was put oil on the floors and stink bombs. That was also usually on the last day of their highschool era right before the graduated. Becuase they thought they would be punished. NEWS FLASH they were punished. I think one of them even lost their chance at a highschool diploma.

Which reminds me right before graduation there were a lot of requirements, one of them was rehearsal and if you were late to rehearsal you wouldnt get your diploma. heck most of the requirements if not fufilled would lose you your diploma, such a hassle.

why did my other reply merge with my first will the=is one merge too lets find out?

oooh theyre not merging their copy the previous replies and adding the to the new ones interesting, how do i stop it????

15. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    As possible as it is for the US government to do so o.o
    Merging's automatic if you double post

Patriarch likes this.
  16. Patriarch

Patriarch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oooh theyre not merge
    Tru

17. Writer_Luna

Writer_Luna Professional Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiktok in itself feels stupid it's 99% bs and then there's 1 decent percentage

18. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what those who like tiktok feel like ?

Creative freedom? This is true democracy?

I'll take a guess and say I'm sure atleast 30-40% of tiktok creators cringe at their own acts...they do it for business..

19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst thing I remember that took place in my school was a large glass pane being broken while the seniors were playing. Either that or chalk throwing. Cant imagine stealing toilets lmao.