Chinese The Flustering Sound of the Pipa from the Hallway

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Ezralva, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Flustering Sound of the Pipa from the Hallway (Chuan Tang Jing Lue Pi Pa Sheng)
    Raw Link: https://www.gongzicp.com/novel-697.html
    NU Link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-flustering-sound-of-the-pipa-from-the-hallway/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    This story is short and very sweet slice of life BL with a theme that isn't your usual contemporary ones, only 35 chapters, featuring a mature love between 2 men in their thirties, both with very unique backgrounds and professions that are rarely found in danmei novels. No unnecessary drama or angst. The MC and the ML admired and respected each other that their love develops very naturally. The MC is slightly older than the ML and is very doting toward the ML. After reading this, it makes you realise that it doesn't take much to happiness and feel loved. Although there's a theme of love at first sight, the author wrote it very realistically that you can't help but think it's possible to happen in real life. Unlike some other novels, here the ML identified himself proudly as gay, which is quite refreshing. I MTL-ed the whole novel and so in love with this story and this sweet couple. Unfortunately, a lot of things are lost due to MTL because the author uses beautiful flowery words and sometimes references to poem that I can't get the meaning of. The manhua will also be licensed in English by Bilibili app but so far no date release yet. The last chapter translated was ch 8 and then it's dropped by the translator. So I hope someone else can pick up this beautiful story.:blob_teary:
    Someone made an elaborate post about this story containing link to manhua and some spoilers if you guys need more visual assurance :LOL:
    https://hanzhang.tumblr.com/post/65...hh-another-one-i-was-art-baited-into-hahahaha
    Description:
    He experienced disappointment, being let down, and had experienced the ups and downs of life yet he still retained the heart of a young person. To be sincere, to be magnanimous, to love what I love, and to hate what I hate.

And he said, I don’t care anymore, the blood I spilled out, someone will definitely come and collect it.

That day in the elegant tea hall, the sound of the pipa carried through the hall, and like a love disease, flustered the heart.

One was full of expectation, one fell in love at first sight.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    Nyaa.23, Baldingere and abodammen like this.
  2. abodammen

abodammen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator did drop this. They mentioned it at the bottom of the novel.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  3. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, thanks for the info, I will update the thread

abodammen likes this.
  4. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can this be dropped if there is another chapter (chapter 14) out?