Thrashiest main characters

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MarxDarkBear, Sep 25, 2021.

1. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like the title says, who is in your opinion the thrashiest main character in a novel. I am not talking about novels where the MC is supposed to be a terrible villain. I am talking about the main characters who are supposed to be the hero's/ underdog and who we are supposed to be rooting for but are even more terrible than the antagonist themselves.

I haven't been actively reading novels lately and every terrible novel I drop I forget the name of the characters but there is always one that will stay in my mind. Scum che from ATG. I have never wished for a mc to die as much as this guy.

2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Fff-class trash hero

3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy. Here are two of my pet peeve novels. Probably slightly exaggerated since it's been so long, but you should get the idea anyways.

Ancient Godly Monarch. The MC was such a narcissist. He expected everyone to lick his feet and kiss his ass. The moment anyone would express any doubt towards him, he'd self-righteously waltz off while thinking how nefarious they are for not reading his mind to know he must always be the good guy because of the Word of God. That peacock never once bothered to explain his side of the story in the hundreds of chapters I read - not even to his "friends" (though to be fair, it was their unreciprocated blind loyalty that made them his "friends".) It was my sincerest regret that his plot armor was too strong to give him the eye-for-an-eye he deserved.

Martial God Asura's MC was also pretty horrible. He was a sexist piece of trash. I remember after being led on for hundreds of chapters, I finally broke the too-priced-in cycle because he spent dozens of chapters ranting about how stupid the male characters are while simping for dozens of the latest female love interest. (MGA introduced a new love interest every couple chapters or something like that.) By the way the MC and author narrated, every vacuous female was smarter than Einstein. Or at least the pretty ones were. Of course, anyone slightly ugly was as dumb as a sack of bricks. It was so, so, so infuriatingly retarded and the author absolutely refused to let the MC fail in anything.

4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Li qinyue

And almost all of the low rated xianxia MC's

They are ok at start but down the road even a dog wouldn't take piss at them..

Feng Tian and Sabruness like this.
  5. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, those are especially shitty. But some of the japanese MCs get close...

6. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, speaking off, I just finished reading the spoiler for "There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead" because I want to see ml fxcked up and regretted everything his done and suffered all the consequences. But instead, he tried to kill himself, and sell some symphathy. I'm really surprised that the empire is still standing with him ruling. He don't have any single attribute that was good to him. Instead, I want the Duke to succeed in his rebelion and kill ml.

Sigh~ sometimes I wanted kr authors to adapt cn's face slapping moments in their novels, and the revenge plot is very unsatisfactory. there's also the thing about abusing scum ml. I rarely see one satisfying kr novel.

And this Ml in this novel really makes me really want to write a fanfic and abuse and kill him there.

7. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your definition of trash;
    I’ve had several encounters where it’s purely the authors fault for giving absolutely no f*cks about balance for there main characters. Namely business oriented women, how difficult is it to balance work intrigue: romance: hobbies. Work intrigue is all the weird plot shenanigans, like girl- why the f*ck are you just waltzing into a scammers place- can’t you ask you husband who is oh so knowledge about business. He’s only screen-time is being confused about MC, giving f*cks (literally) and being called away to work which is never given any details about. A servant just goes, “The guy has work.” Oh geez, what this again?! And the hobbies are just inaccurate! Historically or just matter of factly, if there is a small mistake, it’s just life- it doesn’t have to be this weird plot just to show that she’s a “strong independent women”
    OR the ones that literally violates someone’s humans rights and is perfectly aware of it. FFF-Class Trash Hero is just the perfect balance of unhinged and intrigue. He doesn’t know everything, but he sure can power through and forcibly make his “solutions” work.
    I also want to honorably mentioned a manga I read sometime ago. I hated literally all the characters but the intrigue was interesting enough. It appeared to be your regular shoujo “fall in love” sort of thing. Just that the MC’s best friend was really intrusive. Silent Voice (good series) was also a level of uncomfortable for me. And how intrusive? They matched everything, in a cutesy sort of way… not. Keychains were fine but hairstyles, when the other felt it only worked on the other. Sad. And if it was something her friend couldn’t match she would steal it. What’s worse is that MC journey was just gaining little courage to speak up to this best friends of hers. It was uncomfortably realistic to which small efforts don’t fully resolve human relationships. Honestly no ones in the wrong, which is why I hated the manga. Her crush, who gave her courage ended up being unrequited, and her best friend basically became a shut-in. Period. And when MC sees her later in life of course she’s paranoid but she’s blamed and doesn’t stand up for herself.
    The culture of unaware characters, as knowledgable as there authors got to stop. Namely r*pe culture but also just ineffective use of themes. Often times MC’s are the taken care of in the relationship, but there are a few who are perfectly aware the emotional manipulation they put there love interest(s) though. And there are physical hoops like one-night stands which they jump through.

8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei set a pretty new low for me. So it's ironic that Greyrat's name fit his character.

zanari and otaku31 like this.
  9. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    All of the harem type jp mc novel, god they’re such a pussy