Discussion Is it okay to die and not have anyone remember you after you die?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cerene, Aug 28, 2021.

1. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me why the hell does everyone keep talking about death and dying on a novel's forum????
    This whole week, I've only seen threads about topics related to dying. I mean, come on people, if you're having suicidal thoughts or something, then just say it loud.

2. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t matter unless u died like a rapper
    From od. That way ppl will remember u forever when they listen to ur music

3. ur mom aha

ur mom aha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my days,
    Hence this is opinionative, I dont fear dying nor being forgotten. I do believe that I prefer if no one remembers my existence once I pass away. Why? Well, to be honest, I have a fair share of mistakes and memories I want to erase from my mind, and other people's minds as well.
    But, my ego, on the other hand, wants me to be remembered as something/someone great. How? I don't have a clue, I just want to be remembered as someone in life, but even if I am remembered, people will still bad mouth me, that's just how it is.
    Thus, we cant really have what we want nor what we deserve. So to sum this all up, I would like to be forgotten.

Cerene likes this.
  4. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where you heard that but my atheist ass fears death much more than being forgotten.

Deleted member 348269 and Cerene like this.
  5. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not afraid of being forgotten . I’m afraid of the unknowns of death .

6. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But everyone would eventually forget you. Not just you but everyone else around in the comment section as well. Your relatives or descendants (If you have any) might remember you but what about their children. Then their children. Do you still think about your great-great grandma? Or even vaguely know what sort of a person she was like. Even have any idea of what they looked like? So that is what I meant by saying that we'd all be eventually be forgotten.

Perhaps, villains or powerful conquerors will find their places in some History text book but what is the point? Is it feeding on the ego of a dead person whose soul doesn't exist? Or if it exists, it exists with a new ego that has no relation to its past. (If one believes in reincarnation)

But if you really wish to be remembered, its easier to be remembered by helping others and changing lives. Although it isn't easy and this might not be the answer that you were seeking, it might be satisfying atleast.

And. Don't be so morose OP. Cheer up! I don't know if the others will remember you or not but I'll leave a spot for you in the back of my head.

Cerene likes this.
  7. OechineunAlex

OechineunAlex 『Abandoned Eunuch』『Phone Boss in a Dream』

Reading List:
    Link
    I want people to remember me, even after death. I want them to be aware that I was a part of their life, that I was once beside their side when my eyes were still open. That I was someone who made them either smile or scowl. Even if its just my nickname, I wish they will remember.

I mean, if no one remembers you, wouldn't that just be sad? Not a single moment of your life is inside a anyone's head, not your name, not your face, not your voice, nothing, wouldn't that just mean that you are not even worth remembering? I don't know about you but I don't want that.

I want to be someone who made an impact in someone's life, even if it's just a little, I'll be satisfied with just that.

8. Silver Compass

Silver Compass Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't exactly fear being forgotten. Rather, it's the opposite. I fear to forget. Once you die, all your cells will eventually cease to function, including the parts that lets you remember long term memories.

Even if it is the most useless memory such as breathing, blinking, and looking at the palm of your hand... I would do anything to be able to relive and experience these small events again.

9. shinta01

shinta01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if no one remembers you after you die, it means you didn't exist

10. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone will eventually forget about you. Even the great heroes of the ancient times will be forgotten eventually. Civilizations rise. They forget things when they fall. Nothing you can do can truly stop you from being forgotten.

But it's a nasty thing to lay on your deathbed and feel that your life didn't make any difference. That's why being forgotten about is scary - not because the actual forgetting is a bad thing but because you're likely to regret the way you've lived your life. If we live well, and have a positive impact on the people around us, they remember us when we're gone. Having no one that remembers us is the same as not having done anything worthwhile, to always having been alone.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  11. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yes definately. Although somehow I'm more scared of being posthumously famous but with no success in my lifetime. I think it's because I'm an artist and all of my favorite artists were. It's just so sad to be famous and loved and not know anything about it (if there's not an afterlife.)

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  12. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Nahh, even if I die, nobody care about me since I'M nobody so I don't mind about dying at an early age so I don't fear death. I've been waiting for God to sow my soul for so many years and yet I'm still alive but I don't want to commit suicide cause I hate pain.

P.S. rather die than waiting for someone to propose to me, (☞゚∀゚)☞

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  13. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck yea I care how others think about me after i die.

I want mf's to have a positive view of me before I go but not on some steve erwin type shit. Like they remember the time I gave them 15$ for gas type shit.

To clarify; I am not saying that I worry everyday about how someone views me. I want them to remember shit that they could do for someone else. Karma type beat

14. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    After a couple hundred years (most likely even less) 99.99% of people from our time will be forgotten anyway. There's not much of a point being afraid of death for that reason imo. Personally if there was a way to be immortal I would pick it because I want to see how the future unfolds. Who knows how far tech will go after a couple thousand years considering how much it progressed this century (unless we bomb ourselves to the stone age or anything similar).

15. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I want my legacy of the KuhFuhKuhstory to be passed down from children to grandchildren to great-grandchildren :sushi_cool:

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz..... wanna be special~ fame~ or stuff like that~
    do you bother to remember something that not important for you? unless you have unique memory ability most people tend to forgetful~ by be remembered someone become special~
    special for whatever reason~ be it intentional or not~ be it happy memory or sad one~ be it inspirational, fear or cautionary tale~

imo its that simple