Chinese (BL) The Heavenly Palace Master’s Counterattack

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by StarrEyed, Apr 5, 2021.

1. StarrEyed

StarrEyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Heavenly Palace Master’s Counterattack (仙宫之主逆袭[重生])
    Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2034400
    NU Link: None

Synopsis: MC spent his life being incredibly filial to his master, handing over 90% of his hard-won treasures, but in the end, he was betrayed by the one he trusted most and killed due to the greed of others. He wakes up in the past, and this time, he’s determined to change his fate. After a coincidental meeting, he decides to take the only person who showed him a sliver of kindness in his darkest hour as his disciple, and thus begins this master and disciple’s rise to the top.

Why it should get picked up: So far, this is probably the master/disciple relationship development that I like the most. ML does scheme and take liberties with MC, but their romance isn’t purely one-sided where ML shamelessly pesters/guilts MC until MC finally gives in out of reluctance/blackmail. ML here is all about MC’s feelings. MC’s very stubborn and also physically stronger than ML, so he definitely could have refused ML, but didn’t. Most of MC’s acceptance comes from the fact that ML’s treated MC extremely well for many years + the deep trust they share, and ML also gave MC all the time he needed to think things through. Plus, after MC decides to give ML a chance, MC isn’t passive in their relationship, which is honestly how it should be. Their relationship development and change is definitely the highlight of this novel.

1v1
    HE

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Blood A likes this.
  2. StarrEyed

StarrEyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone? I'm dying to read!

3. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List: