Discussion Omegas in ABO

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eetsome, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in some novels beta can still perceived pheromones but just mild. But they usually emphasize that they dont have much ability interns of child birth and they have normal appearance and talent.

Hahaha...in fact, the first time I read ABO, it was beastiality. Only Omega humans could have birth to alpha beastman, that's why even though they were worthless in society they were very precious interns in giving birth.

In ABO world, pheromones to Omega is really unfair.

I'm some novels both Omega and alpha experience harsh estrus. But in some.novels only Omega experienced it, resulting to societal rejection to Omega.

Because of Omega pheromones, theyre physical abilities were limited. But in fact omegas were smart on their brain. They were usually pulled down by norms and conformity.

Anyway, up until a year ago, I only thought that ABO was reserved only to BL novels. I even asked people on NUF if there's actually a GL for ABO. Cause some BL protagonist have girls as their parents.

Because, well I thought ABO was created solely for men so that they could have ability to give birth.

I once thought that it was too unfair for Alpha female and Omega female, cause female don't have an ability to impregnate other. Who knew, Alpha female also have those.

Now I was even more surprised that ABO some novels have Girl alpha x boy Omega CP.

I remember that Sentinels and guides genre have the same discrimination. I even thought that Sentinels and guides were evolved version of ABO in interstellar world.

2. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I know what series your talking about. It was pendulum: Jujin Omegaverse right? It's unfortunate that in Omegaverse, Sentinel/guide, Ger or any mpreg, the males who can give birth a treated harshly by society.

One point I do like about Omegaverse is that two females can have a baby together, or a female can impregnate a male, and a male can impregnate a female. I don't tend to read the heterosexual Omegaverse because it seems redundant to use Omegaverse if you want a guy to impregnate a girl.
    I read a BL where the male omega had two moms and another where a female alphas impregnated her male omega husband.

3. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. I just saw them but don't plan to read them. But I once read a Yuri Omegaverse. It's quite cute. But I still think omegaverse as BL genre. hahaha...

There's another genre in Cn novel, the mermaids that was used as a tool for child birth. That one is very straightforward. Totally having a Mermaid Center to buy your own mermaid. They looked like a pet, and was treated as such. That's why I like the mermaid theme where mermaid have a very huge mental power that humans need to sooth their own spiritual domain. Not just for child birth.

IceLight303 likes this.
  4. JustMaya

JustMaya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also having this debate with my sister.
    Although I find it somewhat disturbing and they're are weak AF, I still feel sad on their situation.
    Why does some authors doesn't give some advantages on their omega characters?
    If you read the manhwa Kiss me Liar, you'll know that the omegas there have their own advantage where if they mark an Alpha, the Alpha can't mark other omegas.

I'm very picky when it comes to Omegaverse.
    So far, my most favorite omegaverse is Runaway Guide (the Omega MC is stronger than the ML Alpha)

Baldingere and Mr. Tired like this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    /shrug
    I mean, there have been novels where betas are the protags, and I even recall having read one story where the beta had a really special ability of being able to smell and emit pheromones :blobrofl:

6. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Really, woah...hahaha

It's original novel but there, it was beta who was being discriminate against at. Because Omega is smart and beautiful, while alpha is intelligent, strong and talented, on the other hand, beta is average in everything.

And there's a silent rule that Omega must be couple with Alpha which distained with many beta.

7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, usually I compare ABOs to class distinctions. Just like how you have tons of stories centered around the elite rich high-class folks (aka all the powerful Alpha-like CEOs who either made their own fortune from poverty or were just always that rich, and the rich heiresses or extremely beautiful Omega-like female leads), you don't have as many centered around beta-like "commoners" who stay commoners and don't get rich, just living their own peaceful lives.

I feel like it's as much discrimination against a specific group of people as the class gap in some novels with OP rich protags is a discrimnation to the not-filthy-rich people.

8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alpha, beta, gamma, and omega? Sheesh, wouldn't be more consistent to use the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet vs. the final letter?