LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With all the noise they're making, I really have to wonder why no one else has showed to try to take out Li Luo while Duze Beixuan had him thoroughly distracted.

That aside, I have to wonder how he's supposed to know which mentor he's picking, and if he even knows enough about any of them to make a good choice.

2. eylos

eylos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its usualy the mentor that picks the student, most does not have a choice unless the student has great potential, if there's more mentors available the student can choose.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't need you convinced. If you die of anger, that's still a win for me." lol.

So, basically, the so-called mentors wanted him to choose blindly with no idea of whether or not their specialties suited him in any way? Sounds like their only real value is the access they grant to high quality resources.

"In a whirl of resonant power, both he and an unconscious Duze Beixuan vanished." Sounds like he just picked the MC's rival as his new student, in spite of said rival's inadequacy for the task. Seems a bit shortsighted to be honest.

I wonder if the new mentor is going to be another peerless beauty/harem candidate.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad that the majority got gold. It really wouldn't have made sense for them to get violet. Even Yu Lang getting violet is stretching things a bit, but I assume that the mentor was impressed by his tenacity, resourcefulness, and possibly his use of his wind resonance.

5. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it but is this a type of novel where the MC has a fiancee and she likes him but due to some generic bs about saving him from enemies she treats him coldly and stuff? Is it that this novel ? and the MC does not like her and wants to break the engagement.( haven't read it personally yet ) While the description was a bit of a bummer so ....

6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly. But rather than presenting a synopsis of the story, let me give you my impressions so far.

It's self-aware and can poke fun at cliches even as it flirts with them. The problem with many reviews or descriptions of this novel is that they tend to be reductive. I mean, there's hardly any novel out there which cannot be broken down into its constituent tropes or summarized in a few sentences, but is that all a novel is about? The side characters are interesting, the humour is generally spot-on and the novel and its protagonist know when not to take themselves too seriously while managing not to devolve into a farce, i.e., comic relief has been used to good effect to offset the serious moments. The usual brutal, bellicose xuanhuan ambience has been toned down, the author seeming to present a kindlier view of humanity that one would expect from most such CN authors. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's excellent, but it's definitely better than your run-of-the-mill CNs. You can give it a try.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Swift Gull likes this.
  7. Swift Gull

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the response would love to check it out Well to be honest, it is just that the repeating tropes and plots ,arcs ,weapons, behaviour of antagonists and cultivation makes it so boring that after reading a few novels that it just is like re-reading the same chapters of the one book you read all over again but just with different names and fight scenes. For eg: Cancelling engagements is the most common trope in all novels and after a point something else is wished for by readers( i.e something like Divine Throne of Primodial Blood or Daoist Gu ) which is unique with a new cultivation system and methods with a story which has understandable opponents and good story plots.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. eylos

eylos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no its different,
    fiance likes and treats him very well, but she loves him like a brother/someone more important than her own life, but she does not love him like a man, Mc wants to break the engagement to break the status quo and try to change her perception about him, because he likes her as a woman.
    She's cold to everyone, but she's warm to Mc.

FL is okish boring, not great not bad, could be better.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "When she spotted Bai Mengmeng's name, she bit her lip in frustration, sensing danger." She's already competing with the acknowledged number one beauty of their generation to whom he's already engaged, what's an additional Bai Mengmeng matter? ;)

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who doesn't trust the Regent, I have to wonder if this conversation just painted another target on Li Luo's back.

Also curious if this means that adding wood to his watersource would actually improve it.

11. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end, you won't find anything unique But don't take my words for it. Give it a try. if you are like me you read Many many cultivation novels, you will understand what I am trying to convey.

Swift Gull likes this.
  12. Swift Gull

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand. To be honest now even I feel I could write 30+ Cultivation Novels like these too. I am looking for something new which have different endings as I mentioned Divine Throne of Primordial Blood or Forty Millenniums of Cultivation and so many others which might be written in the near future.

13. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try reading the World of Cultivation, and Immortal.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "leaving a healthy and reasonable distance of 800 meters between him and the girls." Very healthy. Immenitly reasonable ;)

If you don't mind a Western (the region, not the genre) take on it, then Path of Ascension is another good one. Or, if you're okay with slice of life, then Beware of Chicken is excellent. And of course, Cultivation Chat Group is probably the best comedic take on a cultivation story.

Swift Gull likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Only a true Duke expert could guide him to experience dual resonance cultivation properly." Isn't that already the default state of his resonances? (light/water, wood/earth)

16. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you ask me, the best cultivation novels that aren't quite like any other are cultivation chat group, world of cultivation and the daily life of the immortal king; this one however is not necessarily bad its more of a self aware "do the opposite of what you usually do"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  17. eylos

eylos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is my understanding so idk if its right
    The resonance he's talking is about the resonance of the 2 main elements, while light and earth are more like suplementary "sub-elements", he does some stuff with earth like pits and stuff but he cant do much advanced stuff, and it works differently than the resonance the author is talking thats the resonance of the main elements that are much stronger and harder to do.

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. eylos

eylos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the author explains with something similar to what i said, in the 258:

will not spoil tag, since it only explains better the system he already has.

"As for Li Luo, although the single-phase rank is far inferior to Jiang Qing'e's ninth-rank light phase, he also has the advantage that belongs to him alone, that is, dual phase, four attributes!

Although the light aspect and the earth aspect are only complementary, they can still help Li Luo, at the very least, enable him to mobilize these two attributes in the energy of heaven and earth. "

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't cultivating a waste of time for him right now? I thought it did nothing for him until he gets that Royal Sap. If not, then what was the problem he needed the sap for?

20. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose they were talking about him not being able to break through to the next big level, the General stage or something.

jacobpaige likes this.