Digimon Reboot: Episode Discussion [Spoilers, duh]

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you think one of Kouji Wada’s songs will be played at some point in time??

1. Butterfly

42.9%
  2. Brave Heart

52.4%
  3. There won’t be any of his songs playing...

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really need to get back to watching....I’ve been putting it off, but I suppose I can watch some tonight.

After my shower

Just what episode did I leave off on

Shiki likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Eventually, probably? I dunno, I'm out of my digimon hype, so... Well, I think I'll watch at some point, but it's not really a priority for me anymore.

3. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    After this sunday, I think I'm done with digimon as an anime. Maybe it's a sunk cost fallacy? I'm not sure I enjoy the anime as a whole (Taichi existence basically soured this for me). I enjoy Goddramon and Holydramon, as well as Takeru's episodes. Mimi's episode is also good. Yet... the characters are... flat. I think Jyou is the only one who get recognizable character development throughout the episode.

For the anime last sunday, I enjoy it, but it is kinda there. Not exceptional by any means, even with Omegamon. I enjoyed how they depicted the nonexistence of the four kids and their partner. It's creepy. That's why it feels like one of the high point of the episode. Well.... it's some apocalymon-esque episode.

I honestly wish for Lucemon (and mastemon) with Devimon (and DarkKnightmon) accepting to support seraphimon (and ophanimon). Well... Darkknightmon appears out of the blue, but the resolve for the seraphimon/angemon and devimon plot is satisfying.

As usual, after omegamon appears, the other children and their partner are relegated to extras.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Digimon is pretty much done as well, it is at the last episodes XD
    But yes those are good points, to me it feels like there was lots of stuff that was supposed to happen, explained and developed (for example, it is clear that the characters personalities differ greatly from the originals and I think the alteros modes were meant for something that didn't make it to the plot for somereason) but it seems like something made them rush the making and mess a few things, and I think DarkKnightmon was added as a Gatomon alter just to make it fair? since like Patamon, Gatomon is also a holy digimon, and I don't know how or why but the Patamon and Gatomon seem to go hand in hand and usually compared to each other, I understand why they choose Devimon as an alter for Angemon but DarkKnightmon for Gatomon was weird or rather it was out of nowhere (even myotismon would make more sense than DarkKnightmon for Gatomon) not to mention that there is ladydevimon (BlackGatomon) as an alter already, well, lots of stuff to comment on tbh...
    I say there is something else running in the background and made the series messed up, probably the modern politics are into play here, anime is headed to doom at this rate, really hope that nothing happens to make it worse XD

5. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last day.

6. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, I wondered why don't we have official omegamon with cannon or sword in both hands. Well, between omegamon and omegamon alter-S, those two form is a treat.

7. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Last episode was great, not much plot wise but I loved the transition from normal form to alter s and back to normal Omegamon, I loved this season, although the story/plot was kind of hit and miss from an episode to another (and most probably rushed) but I loved the new additions and modifications to the old digimons like the increased heights, and the appearence of side evolutions like blitzgreymon, also, loved the references to previous seasons in almost every episode XD

Miku likes this.