Messed up worldviews

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Sep 26, 2021.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    What are some ideas you have that you are aware anyone else would say are totally screwed up? Things that are questionable at best, or perhaps something you know is probably not healthy to think. I've been aware for awhile that my way of viewing interpersonal relationships is kinda messed up in a way, but I'm curious about if I can find some random nuffian here who can match or exceed my own genuine views on things.

Remember that this forum isn't for your political views, and suicidal topics are against forum rules.

Meloonseed likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Elaborate please

3. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I think all women should learn to cook and clean not cause they are women but cause it’s something you should know how to do but every time I bring it up I’m sexist

Alixiron and UnGrave like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is no meaningful difference between interpersonal relationships online and offline.

Whether this is messed up or not honestly depends on how many online relationships with actual depth someone has... Most people I know had 0 meaningful online relationships, so they think of the online world as a really shallow one that can't really allow for proper interaction and for actually getting to know someone... But I think that's just because they didn't really have the right opportunity to get closer to someone online, nor did they ever allow themselves to try even if said opportunity arose.

Bad Storm and UnGrave like this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    You and I are on opposite sides of the same coin. I also think online and interpersonal relationships are pretty similar, just the other way.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... I think your statement would be better received if you said "I think all people should learn how to cook and clean"... >.>

Because like... Yeah, those are important skills alright, but wording matters~
    :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anything I would say would end up getting this thread locked.

the only other thing would probably be that I'd be okay with a purge targeting the worst of humanity which would be based on my parameters. said parameters would end up locking this thread.

Dr_H_16, Lissi, FIEND and 4 others like this.
  8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree. And on a personal observation note, I somehow find that in working life, females seem to be a lot more toxic with their tongue than males for some strange reason. Wonder if it's because guys think that if they go too far, someone will sock them a good one while girls think guys won't hit them.

9. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    People should shut up and mind their business and not get mad when we tell them to.

Also, all makeup products shouldn't be tested on animals, I don't care if it costs extra money, I'd be willing to advocate for that.

FIEND and Mnotia like this.
  10. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree that online and offline relationships are practically the same. It's just that i hate that I can't have physical contact with the people I value because they are so far away. I'm very clingy irl.

I always find it strange how private some people are. I'm pretty much an open book and almost anyone can ask me anything as long as I could do that to them to. I dislike the feeling of someone keeping something a secret whatever their reason may be because I feel a little robbed. As if I'm not trustworthy enough.

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that can be somewhat explained via evolution...on average women tends to be better linguistically. They can hear higher pitches, are better at telling sounds aparts, and studies have shown that they engage in multilayered thinking that is absent in men when communicating.

12. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the end consequences end up as them playing office politics a lot more than men and badmouthing others a lot more. The majority of people I seem to want to strangle somehow end up as mostly female. They'll gather up in a flock and start slandering others, not just me. I'm not interested in how X seems to be heading for a divorce or Y is a fuckup that should be fired (which I checked the claims, the person making the claims had a higher error report rate than Y) or Z is a kissass. What I'm more interested in is how nothing good seems to come out of their mouths. It turned the whole workplace toxic.

Well, enough venting, talking about it just raises my blood pressure. :(

13. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

inb4 the "well women..." mfs get in here

@Raven Evernight yea bud just don't enlarge the "women" part. Its just a people thing.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    FIEND likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod*

I totally get the feeling! Especially now that I'm in a LDR, I'm sometimes like... "OMG! I want a hug so much rn! >.<"

My boyfriend is really good at taking care of me though, and he always cheers me up and listens to my troubles... But still... I think I'd really like some physical contact, especially in the times I feel particularly bad... T.T
    I mean... Some people are just not as comfortable with sharing their personal lives... It's just different, but not bad~

And well, I'm mostly an open book myself, but I also have my secrets that I only tell the people I'm really really close to... Some things are just hard to talk about, even to friends you've known for years.

15. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    inb4 the women get here

I don't think I have any too messed up worldviews. Even though whether something is messed up or not is pretty subjective, my worldviews are all pretty moderate I would say. I am a middle class kid who isn't too depressed after all :blobwoah:

16. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's an example: Girls and Women shouldn't be sexualized, since they all do it by themselves (example - young girls and women in "tiktok" challenges)

FIEND likes this.
  17. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

imma let someone else do it

Mr. Tired likes this.
  18. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    like the original post guys, man's farming nuffies for his kid

Lissi and FIEND like this.
  19. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    No one would dare challenge me...

For i'm the MAN WHO REALIZED LOVE

20. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Aiyoo, Alice flexing her boyfie again :blobrofl:
    I understand that but it doesn't get rid of the feeling or thought that "I guess I wasn't good enough for secrets like that".

Then, I'd hate myself for thinking I wasn't enough. Then hate myself for hating myself and then the spiral towards miserable town goes on that I would rather distance myself from those kind of people who cannot reciprocate my good faith because being close to them hurts me in ways they don't understand. :blobcry:

AliceShiki and Mr. Tired like this.