LCD The Regressed Demon Lord is Kind

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter after they come back from kicking smelly fishman cultist butt has a whole chapter from his PoV that makes it pretty obvious.

2. just.checking

just.checking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a chapter like that? do you remember which chapter it was bc i think i read it half asleep or smth? or around where that chaper could of been?

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c107

‘…There must be no surveillance.’

He covered his face with his hands from the overcoming gloom. He didn’t even need to check since he was the one who sent the command to not send out spies around Zich Steelwall. He thought this was unnecessary.

‘Why after all this time? He never changed even once before!’

Besides his importance and strength, Zich Steelwall was a very convenient existence, unlike those who often moved out of his expectations and interrupted his ‘perfect plan,’ thereby, increasing his blood pressure. Zich had always progressed according to his plans—especially during this period when he should be stuck with the Steelwall family.

Thus, Glen had gotten rid of surveillance around Zich since he always needed more help in other matters anyways. He thought it was better to make his subordinates do something else and dispatch them to Zich around the time he left his family. And now, Glen was paying for the price of his decision.

‘Damn it!’ He hit the floor in annoyance, and a hole formed in the ground while dirt scattered into the air. ‘If he moves however he likes …’

However, his rage lasted for a moment, and Glen became lost in thought again. ‘…Who should I send to spy on Zich?’

Everyone under his forces had their own mission to complete. Even when they were finished with their current job, there was another mission in their schedule. And these missions would not lessen until the world entered the Era of the Demon People.

‘…I should cancel a couple of missions.’ But how many destinies would change from that decision alone? Glen clutched his head. ‘…Now that I think about it, I should also find out about the Saint’s change.’

While this does not completely confirm that the corruptors work for Glen...like, it all but spells it out. Glen at least has some measure of control over them. there might be people above him, but he is the hierarchy of control for the organization

4. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The more we see of the organization the more convinced I am that it preclude Glenn, you can’t build such a massive and powerful organization on your own in a couple of years, not matter how many times you regress.
    This make me think the whole regression plot could be more premiditated than we tought, but what would be the goal? So far it look like it’s all about making Glenn the perfect hero, but there is no way that would be it.
    Shit, I really wish we had more info on those guys.

frustratedguy109 likes this.
  5. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh definitely. Glen is kind of a moron. He's one of those gamers that plays the game while having a guide open next to them and then can't figure shit out on their own when something goes wrong.

I highly doubt someone like him could have come up with this plan without having an aneurysm

6. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plans of the organization for making Demon people must also predate Glenn. Just look at how much trouble it takes (other than for Snoc). If you are going through infinite regressions, do you suddenly think, "This isn't exciting enough. I need to make it more challenging by beefing up my enemies. Let's randomly pick some good normal people and corrupt them into Demon people. Why I don't choose bad guys or criminals who are already evil? Because that wouldn't be challenging enough!"

just.checking and Arlos like this.
  7. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Glenn was originally a demon people in the first timeline and he got killed by the brave, which is why he is scared of him, probably got his obsession with Lubella from there too.
    The Organization might have known that someone would eventually get the ability to regress, but they didn’t know who, so they made someone with the ability to look at the timeline aka Lyla so they would notice when regression actually started and who got said power, so that they could contact and then manipulate said person to make more regression for some nebulous goal?

elinis and just.checking like this.
  8. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure with how realistic the author is trying to go here but rereading some of what Glenn said it sounds like he's been through thousands or hundreds of thousands of regressions... That's a lot of information to hold in his brain. Glenn should be truly crazy. Makes me wonder how reliable his point of view is... Really makes it seem like he's a puppet but then again I could be reading too much into it.

just.checking and Arlos like this.
  9. Arlos

Arlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is, Lyla can only look into the timeline Glenn regressed from, so that mean they need him to keep going until they get what they want from him, whatever it may be, then they probably have a way to off him of definitively, since in this situation it’s likely they have entire teams combing through the timeline trough the Core « dreams » they wouldn’t have a memories problem like Glenn.
    Considering Glenn apparently almost got his perfect run like regression, Zich may have fucked more than just Mr.Sun hero fantasy with his last ditch attack.
    I could be completely wrong about everything too. :blobsweat:
    Also, can I just say how pathetic it is that after thousands of regression, Gleen still need to kill Moore subordinates one by one then attack him with all of the Hero party to even have a chance of winning? Just how bad was his original potential?

elinis likes this.
  10. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Glen stated himself that Zich is super op and is only not a threat due to how predictable he is. Even with all that planning Zich still somehow manages to trouble him in each regression

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    shadow83 and Arlos like this.
  11. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I just like that his shitty dad has to watch him be declared as someone who is trusted by the saint, is an honorary knight, and is about to get a crown Prince and a count's family (Evelyn's) to owe him. Now he won't be able to lie and say that he kicked them out since Zich clearly stated that he left on his own due to the corruption of the steelwalls.

That last bit is dependent on how Zich spins things with the crown Prince but obviously Albus is screwed

shadow83 likes this.
  12. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't realise this had the same author as Moon's Labyrinth, felt completely different.

13. just.checking

just.checking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • ...either use the spoiler function or don't post spoilers...it's that simple
    This contains spoilers for chapter 149.
    Apparently in the last regression 2 of the members from Glen's party were the saint and the archer. And in the new chapter, Zich has a flashback to a different regression (i guess the 1st timeline, where I think he was the hero), and in that timeline Zich had the saint and the archer in his party. The robed figures also speak/refer to Glen as a immature brat who wants to play hero. My theory is that Glen wants to be like Zich who was originally the hero. And to be better than/like Zich Brave, he is going to get all of his original party members.

This also makes me wonder, was Glen the original demon lord? But Glen seems to stupid for that and I think that there is a bigger force behind him thats giving him power. Glen reminds me of a low level thug Zich conveniently defeated and tormented afterwards became fascinated by him. And later on he somehow got lucky and gained the power to retain his memories across regressions.

I think the final villain will be a god like character who keeps on restarting the timeline for his own amusement. Btw all these are just some various thoughts I had in the course of the last 3 minutes so some of them might not make sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2021
    Konic and elinis like this.
  14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Was not expecting more fish head stuff...maybe the black robes are behind the whole cult of Bellid as well...used to make the world a chaotic mess and then turned into fodder for Glenn to rise up as a hero...it would be funny if true. That jackass priest from the previous arc was a pawn the entire time.

shadow83 likes this.
  15. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Demon Lord is Lyla according to Zich's dream. Plus she is possibly an experimental subject from ancient times. And I think Glen is just a puppet rather than the real mastermind. Based on how he only relies on the regression means he isn't capable enough to be actually leading the robed guys is my hypothesis

Unlikely. Bellid is also a religion. They've been at odds with Karuwiman since generations long ago. It's impossible for them be the same as the robe guys. It's probably more of a collaboration.

shadow83 likes this.
  16. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Steelwalls are still shitty people. Here's to hoping we never see them again

17. miraclepolaris

miraclepolaris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they never learn

18. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The rotten guy would never believe that mc's goal is to des-screw over the auction house

19. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've enjoyed this read so far. Does anyone remember which chapter is it where Lubella unintentionally tricks Hans and Snoc into mocking Zich ?

20. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiken likes this.