Discussion How to look nicer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rutabaga, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So my skin is kinda greyish, and my lip colour isn’t really pink or red or even brown, it’s more of a whitish purple, so I often get questions like ‘you look sick’. I also can’t really smile. Last time I took a student photo I tried to grin but when I showed it to my dad, he said that I look like I just murdered a whole village of people, which probably isn’t the best compliment. I keep getting ‘smile more’ or ‘you look dead’. The situation got better after wearing masks, but it’s starting to happen more recently. It’s kinda annoying so give me advice on how to look less dead?:blobmelt: And makeup and dressing up doesn’t really help me, I just suck at it and I don’t feel comfortable with it except some simple lipgloss.

2. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    Eat healthy food, get plenty of rest, exercise, stay hydrated, go outside and get some sunshine.
    Those should help you improve your complexion.

Regarding facial expressions, maybe practicing in front of a mirror might help.

3. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    For one, make sure you're healthy. Sleep at the right time, eat healthy stuff and don't forget fruits and veggies. Keep hydrated. As for smiles, practice in the mirror. Think of memories that makes you smile unconsciously.

:blobsleepless:
    We said the same thing...almost

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    sunbathe around 6-7 am
    eat iron-rich foods

Rutabaga likes this.
  5. cherryblossomsinsummer

cherryblossomsinsummer The Midnight Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything I would like to say is exactly what the others have said above hahaha, eat healthier and drink lots of water. Fruits like cucumbers and oranges really help.

I hope you also don't mind me recommending some skincare tips. I don't like wearing makeup as well, but we really shouldn't skip sunscreen. Using the right sunscreen for your skin will completely change your life! You can try lip masks or sugar scrub for your lips, it might not give an immediate result but your lips will feel softer and look rosier. Instead of lip gloss, you might want to change it to tinted lip balm. Avoid using lip glosses from a "small business" until your lips get better. If necessary, you might want to try collagen supplements. I've taken a bottle before and my skin felt soooo nice. Do proper research and find the right brand that suits you and your needs. Don't be hasty!

Rutabaga likes this.
  6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

I've got two words for you

PLASTIC SURGERY

The secret to becoming Aphrodite.....

pss don't tell her that!! She'll kill me !!

Rutabaga likes this.
  7. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should spend more time outside. It'll help your complexion.

Rutabaga likes this.