Discussion Eye contact passerby

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Sep 26, 2021.

?

q

1. I'm a girl/woman and I don't mind eye contact

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. I'm a girl and I don't like eye contact with anyone

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. I'm a girl and I avoid eye contact with guys passing by

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. I'm a guy and... shut up who cares, this poll is for the ladies

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I've noticed women tend to rather stare at the floor or straight ahead or to the side when passing by, everything besides looking me in the eyes for a sec.
    Khm I'm not scary, ugly or smelly. I think this is probably the case with all guys?

It's not like I'd stop and pester them but I don't know I just wanna make that one sec eye contact with ladies before passing by. I don't wanna look at guys that'd be weird though again I wouldn't avoid eye contact, that's also weird.
    Is that the reason, too many guys pestering women so they avoid contact?

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I avoid eye contact because it's hard to think of what to say when I'm staring at someone, or I just feel awkward staring at them...

3. cvat

cvat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no is bad

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    so I was riding a bus once and made eye contact with a girl and the said girl said goodbye to me when she got off, and I was like ''who the f*ck was that?"

Cutter Masterson and Windsley like this.
  5. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it awkward to make eye contact with a stranger? Unless it's people I know or people I'm talking to, I avoid eye contact in general. Regardless of whether the other person looks good or not.

6. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Its the opposite for me.

If I look at some girl/lady/granny they look back at me. Not that they can recognize me since were still freakin using face shields.

7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the times I'm oblivious to people's faces, rarely I become conscious I'm looking at someone...

I've had a few close calls where they thought I had some ulterior motive to staring at them...but the introvert in me just couldn't say "I was just day dreaming" XD

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're a cat, though. Looking away would be a sign of trust. So them staring at you is actually bad.

9. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I was okay before but once, Aki did that and that man came and tried to talk to Aki. Since then, Aki avoids it at all costs:sweating_profusely::notlikeblob:

10. Hibye

Hibye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont mind eye contacts. If its a friendly look i will smile back. If its not, i'll pretent not to see.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Any girl that makes eye contact with me will instantly be impregnated by my gaze.

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Photonic Sperm Boarding Party

13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve always wondered about that. I’m not a bad looking guy and I get a lot subtle looks. The next part is the deal breaker for me. I get a look, but is it I’m interested look? Or I’m just looking around and we by chance saw each other. Nothing more. Besides that I do have a girl and I’m loyal. So there are many reasons/ excuses to not talk to them. If a guy look at me. I’d just give him a nod and than continue what I was doing. So the eye contact is ok with me. It’s the follow through that fail at. But I have to admit this post has help. Thanks

Jojo775 likes this.
  14. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gender doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to make eye contact with strangers unless I have something to ask or vice versa. Max I can do is, look at them, assess if we'll bump into each other, decide who goes first and that's it

15. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I avoid eye contact with everyone to be honest. I always feel awkward no matter their gender. A few times I've seen saw a guy specfically staring at me and was pretty werided/creeped out. I imagine If I saw a girl doing that I'd feel similar.

16. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably look suspicious. It has to happen a lot for you to notice that people avoid eye contact with you.

17. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    They see you alright, they measure you up quickly and decides either, first and the most probable reason that you are not worthy (something about you just isn't enough in other words they are not interested), second and the least probable reason, you are their type and they feel ashamed to make eye contact with you XD

18. cherryblossomsinsummer

cherryblossomsinsummer The Midnight Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    I avoid eye contact with people whenever I'm walking because I'm afraid people will misunderstand or think that I'm specifically paying attention to them, and in return they are going to say something weird about me (Let's just say I'm just too self-conscious). But I also don't really have the habit of playing with my phones while I'm walking so I just stare blankly forward as I walk, sometimes not even noticing my friends passing by.

Besides that, I don't think anyone would make eye contact with people they are not really familiar with.

LK and Cutter Masterson like this.
  19. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Was lot more shy once, didn't give eye contact much to person talked. For passerbys, I don't really focus on them, I'm just watching where I'm going so I don't run into something. Sometimes I stare off into space and whatever is in front of me, although my mind is not there since I'm busy daydreaming. Staring is also rude here. Plus staring could be like you're hinting at something, looking at someone kinda sticking out in the crowd, or you're the creepy one doing the staring.

20. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    They're probably taken, it's not like I'm 18 anymore. I'm getting looks sometimes but it's strange with passerbyes. Even if it's another dude, just ignoring seems rude like I'm not acknowlodging them or submissively looking away so that's why I make 1s eye contact.
    Mostly I'm out jogging, going to the gym, groceries, nothing suspicous about that.
    Maybe I'm just noticing something others don't, or I'm not making an objective judgement.