Discussion Problem with novels in Webnovel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by krishna2100, Sep 20, 2021.

1. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel is a shit hole. The only translated novel I liked on that site was Tales of Herding Gods, yet it was dropped for whatever reason but probably to focus translating some trashy cliche novel.

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  2. laxarus

laxarus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Webnovel. There is too much to say.
    Being the official platform for CN authors, you would expect something decent right?
    Nope.
    There are way too many problems with WN.
    Search, genres and tagging sucks. The original novels are good and all but they are listing them alongside the translations which is totally wrong imho.
    Any Tom, Dick and Harry can translate over there. There is no quality check at all. You can MTL your way to the riches in Webnovel.
    General trend in WN is producing a couple of decent unlocked translations, after the popularity picks up and paywalls get erected, they put BS translations and all.
    There is no commitment on the Webnovel. Don't expect them to finish the work. As soon as popularity goes down, TLs give up or WN kills the project. Even if you are a so called "privilidged reader", they give no fk about it and just drop it.
    Also, do not expect someone else to pick up because they are the official platform and won't let anybody have it.
    I can put up with paywall, I can put up with milking strategies and all, but without commitment and trash quality works, I sure as hell would not give a single cent.
    Any story that I am interested, I will read it from a pirate site. And nope I don't feel guilty at all but I feel awesome that I can contribute to the change of Webnovel.
    I am sorry for the decent translators over there but as long as people pay money to Webnovel, it ain't gonna change.
    When they start to make less money and TLers start leaving them, I believe they will start to realize that it ain't gonna work.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    firefox1234 and Windsley like this.
  3. Nightangle

Nightangle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well webnovel was always like that its only for newbies who are just getting started and oldies like us never used it much coz it wasnt popular back then. So we are not the targeted customer group at all and we are really hard to please so they would rather focus on newbies, as they would read anything and the the number of newbies got really large after covid.

It will take newbies time to realise what is quality content so we can only wait for the amount of oldies to grow and become the targeted customers, so i am mtling most of the novels and shifting my focus to tvshows as good translated novels are almost finished and others are hidden in god know what corners so all we can do is wait. My novel addiction is going down as i literally have rarely anything to read and i have habit of binging so nothing lasts.

We can make the webnovel people focus on us if we keep on creating forums and commenting about the problem regularly on reddit or this forum or through giving feedbacks on webnovel, as the amount would keep on piling they would have to start focusing on us. Its a waste of time to find other translators as most of them would have turned to webnovel as they would get higher profit there.

4. LyRogers

LyRogers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that I immediately started and then delete my Webnovels app. The whole app was frustrating because even finding the novel I wanted to read was difficult. After finding it, I found that it was damn expensive and, I'm broke.

5. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So many potential good novels being wasted