Discussion Rant- BWARGH I HATE THE "JUST FRIENDS" TROPE

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Resinling, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Resinling

Resinling Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As in title. Damn all those "yuri" manga that end with "oh, they were just BEST of frieends!". Damn youuuuu!

Mnotia, Sabruness and Gitami like this.
  2. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Your rant reminds me of a certain Reddit about a certain person and their friends/pals etc.

3. Deathsson

Deathsson [A bored reader][Back for More]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont read Yuri and all that, but thats sounds funny tbh. Talk about blue balling your audience, if only Yaoi ended with stuff like that and had less rape.

Resinling likes this.
  4. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I hate when they end with just friends. That's why I stay away from any mainland China live action or animation. All the BL is reduced to just friends. They are a couple, just show it. (Less rape is good but other then that, no just no)

I feel your pain. I'm assuming that the main pairing ended up just being friends. People always say just read between the lines or it's an open ending. I want a happy ending where the main couple is together and acknowledged by others. I have read a few like this and I hate it.

Resinling likes this.
  5. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP Biz Markie.

6. Resinling

Resinling Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! I can't understand people who then comment under the story "Oh, it's so obvious they were lovers, pity no kiss" or something... what do you mean it's obvious? At best it showed them moving in together at college/university, like "best friends" would do! You think I fc**ed my roommates? And I also love when these people get angry at other people for then not considering these comics actually yuri...

IceLight303 likes this.